ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Owensboro (Ky.) Daviess County WR Marquel Tinsley

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
While Kentucky's 2019 recruiting class is off to a quality start one position where the Wildcats haven't landed any help is wide receiver. UK doesn't have any commitments at the position.

It's too early to tell how much of a target Owensboro (Ky.) Daviess County receiver Marquel Tinsley will become for the Cats, but it's clear he has the coaching staff's attention on some level.

LINK: https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/owensboro-made-some-noise-at-recent-uk-camp

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
While Kentucky's 2019 recruiting class is off to a quality start one position where the Wildcats haven't landed any help is wide receiver. UK doesn't have any commitments at the position.

It's too early to tell how much of a target Owensboro (Ky.) Daviess County receiver Marquel Tinsley will become for the Cats, but it's clear he has the coaching staff's attention on some level.

LINK: https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/owensboro-made-some-noise-at-recent-uk-camp
With the numbers he has put up as a Soph. and Junior, I wonder why he isn't ranked higher ???

With the numbers he has put up as a Soph. and Junior, I wonder why he isn't ranked higher ???

I would say his level of competition is a solid reason. I have watched him in person, and he doesn't seem very fast, although is sure handed. I witnessed a little white kid come from 5 yards behind and catch him. I got to see him in 3 games, and although I am no scout, he seemed only able to outrun and get seperation with slow, white DBs. But he can catch contested balls, which is good in my book. I mean, Fordham, Bowling Green, and Southern Illinois are the 3 schools most after him, that should tell ya something. I will trust Coach Smith though.

I would say his level of competition is a solid reason. I have watched him in person, and he doesn't seem very fast, although is sure handed. I witnessed a little white kid come from 5 yards behind and catch him. I got to see him in 3 games, and although I am no scout, he seemed only able to outrun and get seperation with slow, white DBs. But he can catch contested balls, which is good in my book. I mean, Fordham, Bowling Green, and Southern Illinois are the 3 schools most after him, that should tell ya something. I will trust Coach Smith though.
BG is a pretty good offer... Close to UK level.

Doesn't sound like there's any reason to rush and lock up his commitment. I'll trust the coaching staff's judgment on this one. If they offer him, fine, if not, that's OK too.

Doesn't sound like there's any reason to rush and lock up his commitment. I'll trust the coaching staff's judgment on this one. If they offer him, fine, if not, that's OK too.

This. If we can't get in one of these better FL receivers, then we take him. But there is no rush to get this kid. If we want him, I am sure we can hop in late and get him over Fordham.

Just saying, as a white guy who routinely out ran and kept up with all of Louisvilles 6A not white talent growing up, being ran down by a white kid doesn’t automatically make him slow lol

White people can be fast too. (i.e, Derek Abney)

Abney was 5’10 or 5’9 and 160-170 pounds. I think thats under the “little white kid” category and was First Team SEC twice.

AND a consensus All-American.

Last edited:
Just saying, as a white guy who routinely out ran and kept up with all of Louisvilles 6A not white talent growing up, being ran down by a white kid doesn’t automatically make him slow lol

I'd prefer my SEC WRs to be able to outrun Hancock County HS's LB lol. Who I can tell you for a fact is not considered fast.

I have seen him play a few times and he is a very good player, probably one of the best WRs I have seen in this area in a long time but we don’t really get a lot of D1 talent in the Owensboro area.

The only question I have about him is how he will do against better competition. We just don’t have many kids in this area that can match up with his size and speed.

I have seen him play a few times and he is a very good player, probably one of the best WRs I have seen in this area in a long time but we don’t really get a lot of D1 talent in the Owensboro area.

The only question I have about him is how he will do against better competition. We just don’t have many kids in this area that can match up with his size and speed.
And that is kinda the same reason guys from Alcorn St. are in the NFL...
I say, leave it to the coaches to make that determination... They (the coaches) live off their evaluations... We (The Fan) just get “likes” on opinion...

ADVERTISEMENT