ADVERTISEMENT

Over-reaction if we go 4-0 in the Bahamas?

These teams are better than most realize. Will not be shocked if we drop a game or two. The 2015 team dropped a game against lesser competition. No reason this team can't either.

Idk if I will overreact, but I will certainly be overly erect
latest

Reactions: drcats2013
I’m thinking 3-1. We might drop that one to Toronto on the last day. Possible to lose the one to Bemax too.

If we split or go above I’ll be happy.

This competition is much better than we played in 2014-15. Yeah. Be max is third in their league. It’s still pro competition. Do we think we could beat a last place NBA team? Probably not. The only saving grace is these are one and done games. If we had to play best of 5 on these we’d win 1 or 2 at the most.

I’m thinking 3-1. We might drop that one to Toronto on the last day. Possible to lose the one to Bemax too.

If we split or go above I’ll be happy.

This competition is much better than we played in 2014-15. Yeah. Be max is third in their league. It’s still pro competition. Do we think we could beat a last place NBA team? Probably not. The only saving grace is these are one and done games. If we had to play best of 5 on these we’d win 1 or 2 at the most.
Do you think Bemax could beat the last place NBA team?

Reactions: STL_Cat
I don't care if we go 4-0 or 0-4. What's important is how we gel, and how well our guys play (together).

These games are irrelevant. Their only purpose is to help UK gel faster. I prefer that we lose a couple. That will really push this team to reach their potential.

Reactions: irishcat1965
Bemax is very good. The kid just drafted top 5 played for for them. They have 2 NBA players, 6'5 guard and a 6'8 wing.

I fully expect us to lose at least 1 of these games. If we go 3-1 I will be estatic and think we are the preseason favorite I suspect we are. But 2-2 ain't a big deal either. Quite frankly if we win all 4 games then it wouldn't be an overeaction to think this team has 38-2 37-3 type potential even with the SEC being brutal this season. The only way I will be worried is if the go 0-4

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I fully expect us to lose at least 1 of these games. If we go 3-1 I will be estatic and think we are the preseason favorite I suspect we are. But 2-2 ain't a big deal either. Quite frankly if we win all 4 games then it wouldn't be an overeaction to think this team has 38-2 37-3 type potential even with the SEC being brutal this season. The only way I will be worried is if the go 0-4
If we lose to the Bahamas, Cal is gonna have to go to mass twice a day.

Despite coach speak where we could lose these games, has anyone bothered to look up these teams we are facing? I did. These teams are club teams basically and the one from Serbia is in 3rd place in their group A (there is a group B), so not even the best of those club teams. The San Lorenzo de Almagro team has a winning record but again a club team (these are not Olympic teams), and as we know the Toronto team won't even have Kyle playing (and again it isn't the Canadien national team but a Toronto club team). Of course given we have multiple new players turn-overs or things like that could impact. However, I will be surprised if we lose any of these games.

Of course like probably every Kentucky fan here I can't wait to watch our team. It will be fun, interesting, etc. None of this is meant to be negative. But, don't act like we are super just yet if we win all these games and handily. Let's see exactly what quality of opponents we do see on the court. Reviewing the information available on each of these different teams that you can find on-line does not suggest they are superstar teams. We shall soon see. Still awesome to see our team in action.
I won't if you don't!:cool2:

Gosh it's UK Basketball. It's called being a fan, not getting worked up if fans go nuts one way or the other.

Every good fan base is like this. Feel lucky we have a fanbase that gives a care so much.
GOD

Despite coach speak where we could lose these games, has anyone bothered to look up these teams we are facing? I did. These teams are club teams basically and the one from Serbia is in 3rd place in their group A (there is a group B), so not even the best of those club teams. The San Lorenzo de Almagro team has a winning record but again a club team (these are not Olympic teams), and as we know the Toronto team won't even have Kyle playing (and again it isn't the Canadien national team but a Toronto club team). Of course given we have multiple new players turn-overs or things like that could impact. However, I will be surprised if we lose any of these games.

Of course like probably every Kentucky fan here I can't wait to watch our team. It will be fun, interesting, etc. None of this is meant to be negative. But, don't act like we are super just yet if we win all these games and handily. Let's see exactly what quality of opponents we do see on the court. Reviewing the information available on each of these different teams that you can find on-line does not suggest they are superstar teams. We shall soon see. Still awesome to see our team in action.
Sooo you make a post saying we should win them All but then you say don't act like we are good, then you're excited for the games. You my friend just had a conversation with yourself.

Relax.

Gosh it's UK Basketball. It's called being a fan, not getting worked up if fans go nuts one way or the other.

Every good fan base is like this. Feel lucky we have a fanbase that gives a care so much.
GOD
i wanna give a care.[roll]

I’m kinda happy about the B-team angle. Last time around we had some guys playing soft defense for big stretches against us because they didn’t want to risk being injured in the olympics just for an exhibition with a college team. I could see some B-team type guys leaving their bodies on the court on the off chance it slides em toward the A-team.

Just pray we don't go 2-2 or some crap.

Yes. That would be season ending if we lost some pre exhibition games to national teams in August.

We will win all four games, without any doubt in any of them of the outcome. UK is a team filled with future NBA stars. Extreme talent will win over experienced mediocrity.

Mediocre national teams with a bunch of experience. Please stop acting like we are the Warriors.

I must be the only one that was around the last time Cal did this. Kentucky is paying the teams that they will face (that means they are working for UK) who wins or loses the games is 100% up to UK. These are not real games, they are practice.

We will win all four games, without any doubt in any of them of the outcome. UK is a team filled with future NBA stars. Extreme talent will win over experienced mediocrity.
You need to do more homework on these teams.

Sooo you make a post saying we should win them All but then you say don't act like we are good, then you're excited for the games. You my friend just had a conversation with yourself.

Well now the conversation includes you. Plus, I would say the number of responses to my post would suggest you are wrong as well. I didn't say, by the way, not to act like we are not that good, but I did suggest that the competition may be a bit over-rated and not to over-react.

San Lorenzo looks like the best of the bunch at a glance. Won 3 straight Argentinian league titles, has some guys who have played for Argentina's national team. Has size - Gani Lawal who played for Ga Tech and Joel Anthony. Anybody know if they're bringing their whole squad? Last time I know we had some guys not make the trips with their team.

It was funny how you worded it. It's all good. I have a feeling this could be the year. I knew all through the 2012 season, i thought we had it in 2015 but going 40-0 is a very stressful feat to accomplish the pressure is almost unbearable. Had we dropped id say 2 games, we would have took home 9.

I actually felt good with Fox and monk team, we beat NC and we bring home 9. This year has that feeling again. I believe we beat Duke, Kansas went from nothing to bringing vick back he ave 12 PPG and now they say 40-0 lol. Zion cannot shoot if his life depended on it! The only way zion scores is off dunks and free throws. That is a liability to me. Sorry @uk78

Elijah55, we are on the same page. Although I don't know we have to "Platoon" I do think that a big advantage this team has, similar to 2015, is the depth of talent. There may be some other teams with rival starting 5, but if we play a lot of the bench I don't see other teams that can keep up that pace. Injuries have been the downfall of several Cal teams and that is often forgotten. Hopefullly, this season everyone stays healthy and I share that "feeling."

Regarding Zion, the one thing you are forgetting is he is playing at Duke. If the refs give him the Okafor treatment where he gets to bully his way to the basket and the fouls are called on the defender that spells trouble. I never saw anything more ridiculous than some of the pushes Okafor would do with his body and not get called.

Many of our fans overreact to everything. So, of course, they will overreact to the Bahamas trip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT