ADVERTISEMENT

Over-reaction if we go 4-0 in the Bahamas?

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Despite coach speak where we could lose these games, has anyone bothered to look up these teams we are facing? I did. These teams are club teams basically and the one from Serbia is in 3rd place in their group A (there is a group B), so not even the best of those club teams. The San Lorenzo de Almagro team has a winning record but again a club team (these are not Olympic teams), and as we know the Toronto team won't even have Kyle playing (and again it isn't the Canadien national team but a Toronto club team). Of course given we have multiple new players turn-overs or things like that could impact. However, I will be surprised if we lose any of these games.

Of course like probably every Kentucky fan here I can't wait to watch our team. It will be fun, interesting, etc. None of this is meant to be negative. But, don't act like we are super just yet if we win all these games and handily. Let's see exactly what quality of opponents we do see on the court. Reviewing the information available on each of these different teams that you can find on-line does not suggest they are superstar teams. We shall soon see. Still awesome to see our team in action.

There will be far more overreaction from CBB media and rival fans/trolls alike if we lose just one game than there would be from the BBN if we go 4-0.

So you agree the usual suspects have been absent and will show up with a vengeance after a loss?
How can one disagree with that when it happens. There are those who are only vocal when things are not going great. I think it means they just are geared to emphasize the negative and they enjoy it. I know fans on here like that and ones in person as well.

Reactions: WildcatDJ and BBUK
How can one disagree with that when it happens. There are those who are only vocal when things are not going great. I think it means they just are geared to emphasize the negative and they enjoy it. I know fans on here like that and ones in person as well.

You wouldn't consider the usual suspects trolls?

Reactions: jedwar
You wouldn't consider the usual suspects trolls?
Not all, and I know where you're going with this, why not ban them. If it's overt that's something that definitely merits looking at. Some are negative by nature and genuinely like to be negative and miserable, some are indeed trolling. We strive to take care of it as needed and appreciate posters that help by using the report feature.

Not all, and I know where you're going with this, why not ban them. If it's overt that's something that definitely merits looking at. Some are negative by nature and genuinely like to be negative and miserable, some are indeed trolling. We strive to take care of it as needed and appreciate posters that help by using the report feature.

It was very transparent and you nailed it. That was where I was going. There's a couple that is so obviously trolls and they are the ones that I'm like why aren't these guys barred for life. They hate UK and everything about UK and its so clear. I know its not an easy job. I help moderate two forums. One is a free for all where you can almost do anything and not get banned. We have actually had members fly out to fight each other. One is the complete opposite, you can get banned over the smallest of slip ups. I appreciate your answer Jed and the job you do

Reactions: jedwar
It was very transparent and you nailed it. That was where I was going. There's a couple that is so obviously trolls and they are the ones that I'm like why aren't these guys barred for life. They hate UK and everything about UK and its so clear. I know its not an easy job. I help moderate two forums. One is a free for all where you can almost do anything and not get banned. We have actually had members fly out to fight each other. One is the complete opposite, you can get banned over the smallest of slip ups. I appreciate your answer Jed and the job you do
Thanks. We may have moderators but I view every member as such. We really do try to accomodate all. We have guidelines to follow but every member here can help moderate. Does everyone get the outcome they always desire, no but neither do we.

Reactions: Cindog28
Most members love the Cats, Cal and BBN. Others are fair weather fans who come and go. Others are trolls who have no life, don't work, buy their food with food stamps and free money. Now for the haters, snowflakes and cry babies. As some of you have already stated "they only come out during basketball or football season and a loss. These are the lowest of the low. They are sad, miserable, ugly people with nowhere to go, no one to love and no one to love them. They reside in a lower leave in the dark and only peek out when they have something to cry about or complain about. They are snot nosed hounds of hell that have been sent to the underworld long ago for hating Our Cats, Cal and Yes US BBN. Be ready to pounce when they rise up in the dark. I say we all rise up and pounce on them. Now I feel better. Love and Peace BBN.

I wish there was a link to the rosters of the clubs we are playing, that would be helpful.
I googled the Bahamas national team,if I looked at the right team they all seem to be 25 to 27 years old and have a bunch of players 6'5"to 6'8".In other words grown men, should be interesting.

Despite coach speak where we could lose these games, has anyone bothered to look up these teams we are facing? I did. These teams are club teams basically and the one from Serbia is in 3rd place in their group A (there is a group B), so not even the best of those club teams. The San Lorenzo de Almagro team has a winning record but again a club team (these are not Olympic teams), and as we know the Toronto team won't even have Kyle playing (and again it isn't the Canadien national team but a Toronto club team). Of course given we have multiple new players turn-overs or things like that could impact. However, I will be surprised if we lose any of these games.

Of course like probably every Kentucky fan here I can't wait to watch our team. It will be fun, interesting, etc. None of this is meant to be negative. But, don't act like we are super just yet if we win all these games and handily. Let's see exactly what quality of opponents we do see on the court. Reviewing the information available on each of these different teams that you can find on-line does not suggest they are superstar teams. We shall soon see. Still awesome to see our team in action.
not nearly as bad as the over reaction; if we lose 2 or more games

The over-reaction is more likely if the Cats go 2-2. There are some people we haven't seen on this board since Vanderbilt stayed in the draft who are already roughing out their 'shock-and-dismay' posts.
It's just not the same without em.

ADVERTISEMENT