ADVERTISEMENT

Our Potetial Defensive Star Power in ‘20 ( and beyond!)

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
It has occurred to me that with all our former 4 Star players committed (and a couple who are expected) and counting those already here, then a remarkable possibility exists!

For those who follow star ratings, it is possible that Kentucky could see moments next season when all eleven players on defense are former Rivals 5 Star or 4 Star players.

Given the uncertainty of RS seasons, and the level of development of many upperclassmen who were shy of 4 Star status (Boogie Watson among many) it might not come to pass.

But as I expect 5 Star Justin Rogers to sign and play, there is an even greater likelihood that we will have momentary lineups on defense that will average former 4 Star status.

I find that pretty remarkable, as there have been many recruiting cycles where Cat fans nearly wet their pants when they heard a rumor of a 4 Star visiting campus.

Great post. The even better thought to me is we have upper clansmen in many spots with NFL talent that will be backed up by 4 star players still trying to crack the starting lineup. Pretty surreal

Next year's defense is poised to be Top 3-4 in the SEC. I think top-to-bottom it will be better than the 2018 team.

The only big question mark will be replacing the DT (less so if Hoskins gets a sixth year and Justin Hilliard at OSU has already heard back from the NCAA on his petition) and DE positions.

After that the smaller questions marks are every individual continue to improve in the off-season.

Great post. The even better thought to me is we have upper clansmen in many spots with NFL talent that will be backed up by 4 star players still trying to crack the starting lineup. Pretty surreal
I’m very very excited about our defense next season!!

Several who I think could be dominant!
Bohanna/Mcall if they put in the work!
Oats and Square!
We should be very strong in the middle. With tremendous speed at the 2 ld positions.
Also think our DB'S will be very strong!
Only question would be replacing Taylor an Carter!
There is a lot of talent there to replace that! Looney looked very solid,and I expect him to take the opportunity and put in a Good Sr year!
Then you have a lot of young talent including freshman coming in who should supply a lot of depth.
I really think we could go 9 deep at Dline next year!

ADVERTISEMENT