ADVERTISEMENT

Our facility vs Duke’s facility (video tours)

KingOfBBN

All-American
Sep 14, 2013
I watched ours last week and then saw Duke’s facility tonight. Impressive. Both seem like paradise.

Vs

Gives an insight into what recruits see.

Reactions: Smashcat
Anyone want to take a look at these and comment?

I'm blown away by them. I saw Nova's from last year too. Doesn't compare to the two above.

Several things that stood out to me watching those videos:

#1 Does Duke come up with anything on their own? It seems like they just copy everything that Cal/UK does now. There was so many things Duke copied in that video that UK was the first to do.
#2 It sounds like Cal had his hand in a lot of the design behind our facilities.
#3 I noticed that Duke's facility seems to push Coach K much more where Kentucky seems to push the UK brand. That's not totally unexpected considering that Duke is nothing without K and UK has a more rich history, but also interesting to see the difference.
#4 Both facilities seem really nice, but I noticed as people in the comment section pointed out, Kentucky's facilities seems more decked out than Duke's. Duke's seems more like a mix of an old-time feel with modern improvement.

Extremely impressive. To me the difference in the two seems to be ours looks like something more suited to adults or older players while Dukes kinda looks more geared to younger kids. That might not make a bit of sense. One thing I liked with Dukes is it seemed like their weight room was next to the practice court and there was just a glass wall in between so you could see what was going on.

Btw I would hope that UK changes the wall graphic in the meeting room. The entire wall is from the UCLA game in Rupp last year. You can’t make a wall from a game we lost.:flushed:

Reactions: KingOfBBN
Makes you wonder doesn’t it , most everyone had pork belly penciled in to be the next coach when Rat face retired , but he bolts for Pittsburgh? That’s the best he could do ? You think the FBI and NCAA stuff was scaring Rat Face and he told pork belly it was time to go ?

#1 Does Duke come up with anything on their own? It seems like they just copy everything that Cal/UK does now. There was so many things Duke copied in that video that UK was the first to do.
#2 It sounds like Cal had his hand in a lot of the design behind our facilities.
#3 I noticed that Duke's facility seems to push Coach K much more where Kentucky seems to push the UK brand. That's not totally unexpected considering that Duke is nothing without K and UK has a more rich history, but also interesting to see the difference.
#4 Both facilities seem really nice, but I noticed as people in the comment section pointed out, Kentucky's facilities seems more decked out than Duke's. Duke's seems more like a mix of an old-time feel with modern improvement.

The room that’s enclosed and lit up with blue right before Duke takes the floor, is pretty dope. Just like the gear room and the iPad sign ins for the workout machines.

I’m amazed at the tech, really.

Reactions: sgrooms and Mr_GG
Btw I would hope that UK changes the wall graphic in the meeting room. The entire wall is from the UCLA game in Rupp last year. You can’t make a wall from a game we lost.:flushed:

Same. Alumni Hall in the mall sells this picture and I have no idea why because we lost.

I watched the Villanova one and what’s crazy for them is they have shoes that are for weight lifting only. Can’t wear them outside that room.

Nike does a fantastic job at taking care of these teams and giving them unique gear/shoes.

The room that’s enclosed and lit up with blue right before Duke takes the floor, is pretty dope. Just like the gear room and the iPad sign ins for the workout machines.

I actually really like that room right before they take the court.

Kentucky's is way nicer! I love the touch screen panels and screen panels at the top of the lockers.

This is a spot on take.

Reactions: howercat and Mr_GG

What's funny about that room is it's the room that honors tough defense, that's not really what duke is known for.

I though UK's was more impressive and I am trying my best to not be biased. But I loooooove mahogany and I just thought the layout was better.

But it's not like Duke's was chopped liver, it was freaking awesome.

Duke has a ton of nice sh!t. It looks like ours is more dated in the sense we did it all first and then Duke just copied it. They're storage room and museum stuff is pretty dope.

It's flattering to have undercover dook fans posing as UK fans. Don't worry, mrbud; I'm sure dook will still be just as powerful.as UK after K retires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT