ADVERTISEMENT

Other examples of a coach going out of his way to NOT play his best lineup?

Billy G insisted playing Michael Porter over Deandre Liggins.

In the Vegas tournament at The Orleans (we played Kansas State the first night and West Va the next night) I had the opportunity to be next to Patrick Patterson's dad. We were losing to KSU in the first game and Liggins was on the bench as Porter continued to play (badly), even though each time Liggins came in briefly he gave us a great lift.

Finally, Liggins came in toward the end and lead us to a 2 point win. Just before the end I asked Patterson's dad (a really nice guy BTW) why in the heck Liggins didn't play over Porter......he looked at me, smiled and said, "I have absolutely no idea".

This is how I feel about Calipari's stubbornness. I have absolutely no idea what he is doing.

It happens a lot I think. Tubby played Brandon Stockton over Rondo toward the end and everyone knows about Saul Smith.

Calipari has done it a few times, but mostly with 5-stars like Whitney, Montgomery, or Gabriel.

Mark Curry comes to mind for me though with Gillespie.

I'd rather see other examples of coaches who:

1. Don't run an offense
2. Don't prepare specific game plans for opponents
3. Only play one defense
4. Make no adjustments to counteract what the opponent is doing
5. Don't structure the offense and defense to fit his roster or the players in the game at a given time.
5. Have no inbounds plays

I still have no idea why you all focus on lineups so much. Do you not see what the real issues are?

And then when you throw out that he's one of the highest paid coaches, it should just completely blow your mind. It's like we're living in some bizzarro world.

You guys are insufferable sometimes. Frederick couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, Toppin and Oscar had 1st half foul trouble and Reeves didn't hit a three all night. What the heck do you expect?

Reactions: Chitown Terry
I remember Pitino trying to play Delk at PG early in the 1996 season and it was a failed experiment that he abandoned by December.

Tubby played Bobby Perry at the 3 in 2006 when a 3-guard lineup of Rondo, Bradley and Crawford had more punch.

BCG’s entire tenure

The entire last half of Cal’s tenure.

We did win against a ranked UT at Knoxville with Stockton starting over Rondo while we lost to UT at Rupp earlier in the year with Rondo starting.

Rondo did get more minutes in both those games than Stockton. Tubby later admitted that Rondo was such a handful, so opinionated on how the game should be played he was ready for him to move on to the NBA.

not defending Tubby but in that situation, his coaching decision paid off.

Now Bobby Perry, man I could rant all day about decisions made with him.

Any other coach let a prima donna come in and ride the bench, use UK's facilities, make money, lie about playing, and leave for the NBA without logging a single minute of playing time?

Didn't think so.

Reactions: TankedCat
I think we have Homer Simpson as our head coach , just a dude that cant do anything right , scratch that .. Homer is lovable

ADVERTISEMENT