ADVERTISEMENT

OT Yanks have gone from 61-23 to 73-48

It all started when the St. Louis Cardinals swept those d@mn Yankees with a three-game sweep!
Started when they hired Aaron Boone. That guy isn't "him".

Also kidding aside, look what their record is since they played the Astros in late June. There's your answer. They were never that good, poorly constructed roster that is too HR reliant. Those teams fade this time of yr and can't beat good pitching. Next 3 games? Manoah of Toronto. Scherzer/DeGrom of Mets. Good luck! LOL

It hasn't even gotten cold yet and the ball won't fly in October like it does in June-Aug. Rizzo & Donaldson are over the hill. Torres isn't the can't miss prospect everyone thought he would be. LeMahieu is 34 and a lot of money tied up there too. Aaron Hicks is dead weight in CF and Stanton is hurt once again. At least he's shown up in the postseason for them in recent years when it matters the most and they're going to have to back the brink trucks up for Aaron Judge.

Cole ever since he left the cheating Astros has been hit or miss, not #1 ace material like a Corbin Burnes or Jacob DeGrom. Trevino may have been an All-Star catcher for them this year but it just proves the lack of depth for quality backstops in the game today. New York hasn't had a legit franchise catcher since Jorge Posada retired. Lastly, the Cuban missile Aroldis Chapman is no longer the effective closer that he once was and has been removed from the closer's role.

Injuries are catching up and dudes who were on fire at the beginning of the season are now struggling awful. I saw they’ve scored like 11 runs in the last 8 games or something of that nature.

As a Yankee fan I am not having a good time lol

San Diego hasn't been much better since mortgaging their future at the trade deadline. 6-10 and Brandon Drury is hitting around .207, Josh Bell .121 before tonight. My concern for the Reds if they were going to keep Dury would have been his ability to maintain success based on his track record in MLB indicating he is highly unlikely to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk

Also kidding aside, look what their record is since they played the Astros in late June. There's your answer. They were never that good, poorly constructed roster that is too HR reliant. Those teams fade this time of yr and can't beat good pitching. Next 3 games? Manoah of Toronto. Scherzer/DeGrom of Mets. Good luck! LOL
DeGrom is on a tear, he looks amazing.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
San Diego hasn't been much better since mortgaging their future at the trade deadline. 6-10 and Brandon Drury is hitting around .207, Josh Bell .121 before tonight. My concern for the Reds if they were going to keep Dury would have been his ability to maintain success based on his track record in MLB indicating he is highly unlikely to do so.
San Diego has a legit team but Tatis is a fool, dude has all the talent in the world and would make their lineup incredible but keeps doing dumb stuff and now he’s suspended for 80 games.

Injuries are catching up and dudes who were on fire at the beginning of the season are now struggling awful. I saw they’ve scored like 11 runs in the last 8 games or something of that nature.

As a Yankee fan I am not having a good time lol
They are always injured, the Yankees since their dynasty have had the mindset to go buy 2-3 300 million dollar players and let the rest of the roster suffer. It’s great having Judge(who is killing it), and Stanton, Donaldson, and Rizzo. They have tons of power but not a lot of speed or contact hitters. I swear most players don’t bat close to .300 anymore it’s Strikeout or HR. Their pitching, especially the bullpen hasn’t been great the past few years either. They will get a guy like Cole but then let the bullpen suffer.

San Diego has a legit team but Tatis is a fool, dude has all the talent in the world and would make their lineup incredible but keeps doing dumb stuff and now he’s suspended for 80 games.
The problem with San Diego is they pushed all of their chips in to win now with little help in the farm system in the immediate future, on top of Tatis' suspension that effects this year and 2023 going down the path the Angels have taken loading up on veteran stars at the top but rather underwhelming throughout the rest of the roster. If Soto re-signs that will definitely help though it's not guaranteed. They still have Machado and a good pitching staff though all 5 will be 30+ going into next year and Darvish has a couple good seasons at most left in MLB being 36.

Last edited:
They are always injured, the Yankees since their dynasty have had the mindset to go buy 2-3 300 million dollar players and let the rest of the roster suffer. It’s great having Judge(who is killing it), and Stanton, Donaldson, and Rizzo. They have tons of power but not a lot of speed or contact hitters. I swear most players don’t bat close to .300 anymore it’s Strikeout or HR. Their pitching, especially the bullpen hasn’t been great the past few years either. They will get a guy like Cole but then let the bullpen suffer.
Just a thought. When you have the money market like NY you can spend more than small market teams like Cinn.
The downside of it is players with huge long-term contracts seldom work out.
Cole, Stanton and Chapman seem to be in the age is slowing them down stages of their careers. I know Stanton was tearing it up but he has been very injury prone.
Also , George Steinbrener's death brought an end to a chemistry that resulted in 6 of the 27 titles.
George was unpredictable but his methods got results.
I think heads would roll if he were alive.JMO

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Just a thought. When you have the money market like NY you can spend more than small market teams like Cinn.
The downside of it is players with huge long-term contracts seldom work out.
Cole, Stanton and Chapman seem to be in the age is slowing them down stages of their careers. I know Stanton was tearing it up but he has been very injury prone.
Also , George Steinbrener's death brought an end to a chemistry that resulted in 6 of the 27 titles.
George was unpredictable but his methods got results.
I think heads would roll if he were alive.JMO
They are lacking solid contact hitters to get on base and set the table for all of the power hitters up and down their lineup. Stanton has been money for them in the postseason the last couple of seasons. 7 home runs, 14 RBIs in 30 ABs. They have lacked the pitching depth beyond Gerrit Cole and these days 1 ace isn't enough which is why they traded for Frankie Montas. Chapman has had a very nice, long career and it was only a matter of time until a flame thrower like him wears down. In the years prior, there was a logjam on the left side of the IF and something the Reds are very likely to see happen if they don't start moving their SS prospects around the field with their depth at the position.

This is basically the Angels and Padres over the last decade. The Angels have arguably 2 of the best players in all of MLB with Ohtani & Trout and are below .500. Only been to the postseason once with Mike Trout. Signed Pujols, Hamilton, Rendon, Upton, Syndergaard all and did not work out for them. Trout with a back injury now that may effect the rest of his career.

The Padres also tried this with Kemp, Kimbrel, James Shields, Wil Myers, Hosmer & Justin Upton a few years back. Only Myers is still on the roster with a grand total of 1 home run this year. Now again with Juan Soto who can walk as a FA after 2024, washed up Josh Bell, an aging pitching staff and Machado is carrying them offensively alongside Soto with an underwhelming lineup beyond them.

Honestly, if you look at the Yankees situation over the last few years, Brian Cashman has gotten a lot more conservative considering the Yankees budget with Judge's pending free agency to come. Smartly passed on Carlos Correa, who is injury prone and has been nothing outside of the cheating Astros lineup with the plethora of options at SS/3B that New York has on their active roster and in their pipeline. Several other players too that The Boss would've made damn sure were in pinstripes. New York actually has had a really good bullpen over the last few years. 3rd lowest ERA in MLB this year at 3.01.

Last edited:
They are lacking solid contact hitters to get on base and set the table for all of the power hitters up and down their lineup. Stanton has been money for them in the postseason the last couple of seasons. 7 home runs, 14 RBIs in 30 ABs. They have lacked the pitching depth beyond Gerrit Cole and these days 1 ace isn't enough which is why they traded for Frankie Montas. Chapman has had a very nice, long career and it was only a matter of time until a flame thrower like him wears down. In the years prior, there was a logjam on the left side of the IF and something the Reds are very likely to see happen if they don't start moving their SS prospects around the field with their depth at the position.
Great points!
My point was huge, long-term contracts often become an albatross.
And there seems little going on in terms of holding the management accountable.
I think a shake up from top to bottom may be needed. JMO

This is basically the Angels and Padres over the last decade. The Angels have arguably 2 of the best players in all of MLB with Ohtani & Trout and are below .500. Only been to the postseason once with Mike Trout. Signed Pujols, Hamilton, Rendon, Upton, Syndergaard all and did not work out for them. Trout with a back injury now that may effect the rest of his career.

The Padres also tried this with Kemp, Kimbrel, James Shields, Wil Myers, Hosmer & Justin Upton a few years back. Only Myers is still on the roster with a grand total of 1 home run this year. Now again with Juan Soto who can walk as a FA after 2024, washed up Josh Bell, an aging pitching staff and Machado is carrying them offensively alongside Soto with an underwhelming lineup beyond them.

Honestly, if you look at the Yankees situation over the last few years, Brian Cashman has gotten a lot more conservative considering the Yankees budget with Judge's pending free agency to come. Smartly passed on Carlos Correa, who is injury prone and has been nothing outside of the cheating Astros lineup with the plethora of options at SS/3B that New York has on their active roster and in their pipeline. Several other players too that The Boss would've made damn sure were in pinstripes. New York actually has had a really good bullpen over the last few years. 3rd lowest ERA in MLB this year at 3.01.
Yeah I know they have started actually trying to build a team recently and that’s why they started hot this year. I just mean since around 2002 they tried to buy a chip every year and it didn’t work well like you stated with the Angels and Padres. I love what they Braves have done, they have their 5 core players all signed to minimum five year deals and the most expensive one is Acuna for 100M.

Yeah I know they have started actually trying to build a team recently and that’s why they started hot this year. I just mean since around 2002 they tried to buy a chip every year and it didn’t work well like you stated with the Angels and Padres. I love what they Braves have done, they have their 5 core players all signed to minimum five year deals and the most expensive one is Acuna for 100M.
Absolutely agree! Love what Atlanta is doing as well. They aren't afraid to promote their top prospects early to go along with their veterans in place and they hit the majors ready to go playing at a high level. Tampa Bay is definitely the blueprint for small market teams though you can argue Atlanta has the edge given they have managed to win multiple World Series titles without the Yankees/Dodgers budget.

Absolutely agree! Love what Atlanta is doing as well. They aren't afraid to promote their top prospects early to go along with their veterans in place and they hit the majors ready to go playing at a high level. Tampa Bay is definitely the blueprint for small market teams though you can argue Atlanta has the edge given they have managed to win multiple World Series titles without the Yankees/Dodgers budget.
For sure, that’s why I’ve always loved them. They aren’t as strapped as some small markets but they can’t buy players at will either and have had massive success for long periods of time.

Yanks won all 3...

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future - Yogi Berra

Reactions: kybloo92
Yanks won all 3...

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future - Yogi Berra
Yes they did, and did it in tough gritty way. Although Degrom not starting and Walker is decent but not same, but those were the type of wins that can break a slump too. Good wins against top tier teams/lineups.

It will all be fine boys and girls. Best to get the slump out of the way in the dog days of summer before it matters most in October when the Yankees will have postseason Stanton back in the fold with one of the top bullpens in the league to make the games shorter. Caught fire last September and the pitching staff is much deeper this season. Teams have to play in the cold too when they go to Yankee Stadium so at least New York is accustomed to it.

ADVERTISEMENT