ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UL gets second commit

Their basketball team AND their football team sucks. Chris Mack couldn't even beat an FSU team last year that David Padgett beat multiple times with a bad UofL roster. UK fans are not worried about Chris Mack. At. All.

After we smack you round this year you can always say "wait until next year", or the next year, or the next year or the next year....and so on.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Now they have 3 with 4 star Williamson. Probably soon to have number 4. Why would any good recruit commit this early to a school like UL when they could hold out for much better schools. Wonder if some of them are thinking about perks on the side?

Now they have 3 with 4 star Williamson. Probably soon to have number 4. Why would any good recruit commit this early to a school like UL when they could hold out for much better schools. Wonder if some of them are thinking about perks on the side?
I’m sure Mack is selling them on plenty of PT but is he mentioning the potential of more sanctions?

Can’t wait for the next round of sanctions to drop.

This is what I am thinking. After the news came out about falsifying recruiting documents, and after all the other stuff that they still have yet to be charged with, I am thinking that the death penalty has to be on the table.

Last edited:
Well they ain't signing yet so any bad news and its probably lets get the heck out of Dodge.

Reactions: USSLair
Kansas. [laughing]

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article218431730.html

"Williamson — who averaged 12.7 points and 6.3 rebounds per game for Drive Nation this past spring and summer AAU season — played for the same AAU team as Louisville recruiting targets Victor Owuakor, Jahmius Ramsey and Drew Timme.

He is a player whom recruiting analysts have been watching closely, wondering if he’ll actually make all five visits before committing to a school. His mom and brother are KU graduates and he’s actually called KU his “dream school.” Also, he made more than 10 unofficial visits to schools earlier in his high school career.

“The (Louisville) Cardinals are right there in the mix with four-star wing Samuell Williamson as Kansas and Oklahoma sit as the stiffest competition,” Corey Evans of Rivals.com wrote on Friday. “But with a major need on the perimeter and a scoring role evident, Louisville could catch Williamson’s eye.”

Landing a top 7 or 8 class in his first year is better than what most programs do. This board really thought that Mack was going to be coaching up walk ons and top 200 players the first 5 years of his tenure. Seriously? Aren’t you all the smartest and well educated basketball fan base in the country?? That’s what I’ve heard for years..

Dude, there's a reason why Mack has only been able to land 2nd rate talent, JUCO and transfers from SAMFORD. You think that all your troubles are over? They're not. The results of the FBI investigation still looms. Even one of your most prominent alumni, Jerry Eaves, has said repeatedly, that BIG trouble is coming for the program. Why do you think Mack demanded 7 years on his deal...? Because he knows they're going to be a DUMPSTER FIRE FOR THE NEXT 3 TO 5!!

I think the NCAA will be handing down sanctions for the schools involved in the FBI scandal sometime during this season. Louisville is gonna get hammered hard and will probably see at least a couple years post season ban. Most of these players will probably be backing out of their commitments when this happens. There's no chance these players ever play for Louisville.

He's not Pitino. That's all i'm gonna say about that. You'll see as early as year 3 and 4 when he's losing double digit games and is a perennial middle of the pack ACC team. Powder is not in the depleted Big East anymore. Good luck with that "top 7-8 class". Williamson is in the 40's. You're not getting Ramsey or Watts. Nickleback is rated, what? 115? Withers is like in the 90 range. LOL. You might get Igiehon if Cal doesn't put the full court press on him. So you might get a cute little top 12 ranked recruiting class, but it won't stop the beatdowns we're gonna keep giving you.
You’re right about Ramsey, he isn’t coming... I’d hold that assumption off on Watts... I think something is brewing there. Probably an 80% chance with Igiehon at this point. And David Johnson would be a surprise if he didn’t pick UofL.

The national guard will have to be called to the Chicken bucket this year! OMG! Cats are going to destroy the Tards. It will be over by halftime. Good luck with the Tubby/BCG type recruits moving forward lmao.

Landing a top 7 or 8 class in his first year is better than what most programs do. This board really thought that Mack was going to be coaching up walk ons and top 200 players the first 5 years of his tenure. Seriously? Aren’t you all the smartest and well educated basketball fan base in the country?? That’s what I’ve heard for years..
If they all sign! We will see how it finishes. Hard to have much faith in Louisville athletics considering they are the only team ever to used to have a championship. Best case scenario he has you guys good enough to boost UK SOS and tourney resume when we spank that ass every year.

Mack has little choice but to get 3-4 star guys and develop a team for 2-3 years down the road. Nothing against Mack, but UofL is getting everything it deserves.

I am going to laugh when these players either want out of their commitment or transfer out after UL receives multiple post season bans.

Wonder when or if they will edit this:
capture_by_manoluv-dcnic9m.jpg

Maybe Mack is telling these recruits that they are not going to get in trouble since they fired their coach?

My niece and her husband were over today, and he was bragging about Powder killin' it recruiting. I honest to God, laughed at the statement. He kinda got offended.

Reactions: Fox2monk
4 players with an average ranking of 82 according to Rivals. 4 star sounds good on the surface, but the last 4 star ranked player by Rivals in #134. That's really not something to be proud of. I'm actually glad they are wasting schollys on mid major players.

4 players with an average ranking of 82 according to Rivals. 4 star sounds good on the surface, but the last 4 star ranked player by Rivals in #134. That's really not something to be proud of. I'm actually glad they are wasting schollys on mid major players.
They should be lucky to get walkons, I don't know what those kids are thinking, or being told.

Rocket Watts has committed to Michigan St.

https://247sports.com/college/louis...-on-an-unofficial-visit-on-Tuesday-119419503/

Rocket Watts 'liked what he saw' at Louisville
ByJODY DEMLING

Detroit Old Redford High School point guard Rocket Watts spent the day on Tuesday on an unofficial visit to the University of Louisville.

The 6-foot-2 Watts, considered one of the best pure scorers in the Class of 2019, toured the U of L facilities and spent some time chatting with new U of L coach Chris Mack and his staff. Watts had been offered by Mack when he was at Xavier.

“Everything went well,” Old Redford coach Craig Covington, who was on the visit with Watts and Old Redford junior Isaiah Jackson, told Cardinal Authority. “We already had a bit of a relationship with coach Mack from when he was at Xavier."

As far as Louisville is concerned, Covington said Watts “really liked what he saw.”

“Louisville is in that upper echelon,” Covington said. “Like I told coach Mack, Louisville is not considered a blue blood school, but they are on the blue-blood level. They are on the same level as North Carolina, they are on the same level as Duke and Kentucky."

“I believe it really stood out for (Watts).”

tenor.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk and BBUK

https://247sports.com/college/louis...-on-an-unofficial-visit-on-Tuesday-119419503/

ByJODY DEMLING

Detroit Old Redford High School point guard Rocket Watts spent the day on Tuesday on an unofficial visit to the University of Louisville.

The 6-foot-2 Watts, considered one of the best pure scorers in the Class of 2019, toured the U of L facilities and spent some time chatting with new U of L coach Chris Mack and his staff. Watts had been offered by Mack when he was at Xavier.

“Everything went well,” Old Redford coach Craig Covington, who was on the visit with Watts and Old Redford junior Isaiah Jackson, told Cardinal Authority. “We already had a bit of a relationship with coach Mack from when he was at Xavier."

As far as Louisville is concerned, Covington said Watts “really liked what he saw.”

“Louisville is in that upper echelon,” Covington said. “Like I told coach Mack, Louisville is not considered a blue blood school, but they are on the blue-blood level. They are on the same level as North Carolina, they are on the same level as Duke and Kentucky."

tenor.gif
Haha I just spit out my tea! They’re no where on the same level as UK, UNCheat, or Puke!

Reactions: Cindog28
You’re right about Ramsey, he isn’t coming... I’d hold that assumption off on Watts... I think something is brewing there. Probably an 80% chance with Igiehon at this point. And David Johnson would be a surprise if he didn’t pick UofL.
I actually think this kid is a good looking player, In a few years with thirty lbs on him. He is a good athlete but just seems a little slow right now. A really good get for the cards. He’s definitely got some work to do on his shot and could play a little harder but that will come. Anyway ,I hate to be too nice to the dirty cards, but I think they picked up a good piece with this kid.

ByJODY DEMLING

tenor.gif

So he told them to his face they are not a blue blood but then says they are? Me thinks he was saying that to be nice lol. What kinda name is Rocket, is that a nickname?

Reactions: Cindog28
With KU being his dream school, and he commits to University 6 tells me all I need to know about him.

And the U6 Ho-down marches on.

Mamma don’t let yo babies grow up to play at U6. They’ll turn into thugs, get into drugs and stuff. . .

Sorry Willie.

So he told them to his face they are not a blue blood but then says they are? Me thinks he was saying that to be nice lol. What kinda name is Rocket, is that a nickname?
It's like Mack told him, "We aren't #1. More like #1 1/2." [laughing] Apparently it didn't fool anyone except the kid's high school coach because the kid committed to Michigan St..

"Rocket" is a nickname. His birth name is Mark Watts, Jr.. o_O

ByJODY DEMLING

tenor.gif
On the level of UK? Is he really that stupid or just trying to be funny?

you see why kids and their parents love cal so much. he doesnt sell bullshit to kids. a lot of kids buy into it. thats why you see so many kids transfer and bad mouth coaches after their college days.

but mack is doing a good job landing ass end top 100 recruits. they def will have more talent then ga tech/wake forest/etc.

ADVERTISEMENT