ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Twitter in Absolute Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sources do you recommend following?
I work in the financial services field, so a lot of my info comes from those folks... WSJ, Reuters, Thompson One, etc. Other wise...

Legacy media: Fox Business is the most tolerable (mainly Stuart Varney. Charles Payne is the best on the investment side, but he doesn't get as political as Varney). Tucker is still the best IMHO... and that's it. The rest of them are just entertainment (and not even good at that).

Twitter: I follow Rand Paul, Charlie Kirk (very underrated), Bongino (a little too sensational at times), Vivek (dude is SHARP... he won't win in 24 but needs a prominent position on the national scene), Jordan Peterson. and Rep Jim Jordan... those are the best for good info IMHO.

Musk, Adam Carolla, Hodgetwins, James Woods, and especially CATTURD... are great for entertainment along with good info. Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) is pretty good also... but I find myself disagreeing with him more and more.

I work in the financial services field, so a lot of my info comes from those folks... WSJ, Reuters, Thompson One, etc. Other wise...

Legacy media: Fox Business is the most tolerable (mainly Stuart Varney. Charles Payne is the best on the investment side, but he doesn't get as political as Varney). Tucker is still the best IMHO... and that's it. The rest of them are just entertainment (and not even good at that).

Twitter: I follow Rand Paul, Charlie Kirk (very underrated), Bongino (a little too sensational at times), Vivek (dude is SHARP... he won't win in 24 but needs a prominent position on the national scene), Jordan Peterson. and Rep Jim Jordan... those are the best for good info IMHO.

Musk, Adam Carolla, Hodgetwins, James Woods, and especially CATTURD... are great for entertainment along with good info. Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) is pretty good also... but I find myself disagreeing with him more and more.
Imagine recommending a media personality whose own company filed statements in court saying he doesn't speak facts and anyone who listens should be skeptical of what he says

mjlol.png

Reactions: GeraldV
In case. anyone still actually cares about this:

Elon Musk values Twitter at about $20 billion, according to an email seen by The Information and The New York Times. Musk shared the valuation, a significant drop from the $44 billion he paid to buy the company last fall, in a memo he sent to Twitter employees on Friday announcing a new stock compensation program. The billionaire reportedly warned Twitter’s significantly diminished workforce that the website was still in a precarious financial position. “Twitter is being reshaped rapidly,” he wrote, adding the company had, at one point, been four months away from running out of cash.
It’s also worth noting that the estimate likely reflects the difficulties Twitter has faced as a direct result of Musk’s decisions. At the start of 2023, the company’s daily revenue was reportedly down 40 percent from a year ago after more than 500 of its top advertising partners had paused spending on the platform. Many of those companies left following the firm’s messy relaunch of Twitter Blue, which saw verified trolls abuse the service to impersonate brands. Based on recent reporting from The Information, there were only about 180,000 Twitter Blue subscribers in the US at the beginning of February, suggesting the service is nowhere close to making up for the financial downturn Twitter has experienced since Musk’s takeover.

In case. anyone still actually cares about this:

Elon Musk values Twitter at about $20 billion, according to an email seen by The Information and The New York Times. Musk shared the valuation, a significant drop from the $44 billion he paid to buy the company last fall, in a memo he sent to Twitter employees on Friday announcing a new stock compensation program. The billionaire reportedly warned Twitter’s significantly diminished workforce that the website was still in a precarious financial position. “Twitter is being reshaped rapidly,” he wrote, adding the company had, at one point, been four months away from running out of cash.
It’s also worth noting that the estimate likely reflects the difficulties Twitter has faced as a direct result of Musk’s decisions. At the start of 2023, the company’s daily revenue was reportedly down 40 percent from a year ago after more than 500 of its top advertising partners had paused spending on the platform. Many of those companies left following the firm’s messy relaunch of Twitter Blue, which saw verified trolls abuse the service to impersonate brands. Based on recent reporting from The Information, there were only about 180,000 Twitter Blue subscribers in the US at the beginning of February, suggesting the service is nowhere close to making up for the financial downturn Twitter has experienced since Musk’s takeover.

1) he vastly overpaid and that was known at the time. That's why it was insane he offered it and even more insane the board tried to refuse it. The rejection of the insane offer was the first red flag something was up.

2) when he took over, Twitter had throngs and throngs of bots. Everyone knew it was bad, but Twitter was indeed lying about how bad it was.

3) There are a few potential advantages to putting out an under valuation, since they are privately owned. We'll see what else comes out

Still exists, it just can't get a simple campaign announcement to go off without a hitch. Little embarrassing for the platform and the candidate.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
We have a president that can't create a simple sentence without a hitch. Overloaded servers crashing isn't too embarrassing in that context.
Weird to turn a botched announcement from Twitter into shade against Biden. Regardless, the guy who can't create a sentence is probably going to win again next year so I don't know what to tell ya. Honestly just thought it was a little funny that Twitter couldn't perform a simple task.

Biden is an old man with a life-long stutter problem, Fetterman had a stroke. Joking about that kind of gives off asshole vibes, no?

Haha that is literally ignoring all of Bidens history of blatantly lying in public speeches. Joking about Fetterman having a stroke is probably in poor taste, but making fun of the fact voters have become so stupid they elect a stroke victim without the capacity to serve, that’s very much on the table.

Weird to turn a botched announcement from Twitter into shade against Biden. Regardless, the guy who can't create a sentence is probably going to win again next year so I don't know what to tell ya. Honestly just thought it was a little funny that Twitter couldn't perform a simple task.

Who cares? What does that have to do with the health of the company? Twitter is thriving under Musk, to your dismay.

Biden winning will depend solely on states ability to control Ballet harvesting. Dems have zero interest in stopping that, and for a sinister reason. So yes, he will almost certainly win.

Haha that is literally ignoring all of Bidens history of blatantly lying in public speeches. Joking about Fetterman having a stroke is probably in poor taste, but making fun of the fact voters have become so stupid they elect a stroke victim without the capacity to serve, that’s very much on the table.
Nobody was making fun of the voters, he explicitly said Fetterman himself. Regardless, it's not hard to see how people would vote for a popular candidate who ran an excellent grass roots campaign and was up against a TV doctor who wasn't even from the state.

Again, just thought it was a little funny that a big, important moment became a botched announcement. A few years ago we could've laughed about it. Now, it's gotta be personal, angry, with shade thrown at people who had nothing to do with the botch. Moths to a flame some of you are. Chill and smile occasionally and let's not pretend some awkward billionaire secretly loves us.

Nobody was making fun of the voters, he explicitly said Fetterman himself. Regardless, it's not hard to see how people would vote for a popular candidate who ran an excellent grass roots campaign and was up against a TV doctor who wasn't even from the state.

He was neither popular or running an excellent campaign. He ran against a horrible opponent in a blue state. He has already proven to be a horrific choice no matter what side of the isle you’re on. A stroke victim who lacks basic function, and is also mentally unstable should be disqualified from serving in political office. The job is too important.

Again, just thought it was a little funny that a big, important moment became a botched announcement. A few years ago we could've laughed about it. Now, it's gotta be personal, angry, with shade thrown at people who had nothing to do with the botch. Moths to a flame some of you are. Chill and smile occasionally and let's not pretend some awkward billionaire secretly loves us.
So ironic coming from you…

Reactions: 80 Proof
Millions of invaders are crossing the border, the FBI literally interfered in our election and subsequent politics, literally no public institution has any credibility anymore, the federal debt is nearing the point of no return, and the economy is is in ruins.

But it’s Twitter that’s in shambles.

Also an important distinction to note, Musk, like Trump, don’t love us, they hate “them”. The same “them” you lefties used to hate, and now love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT