ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tiger and Phil

Something I'd like top keep on in the background, but too cheap. Maybe if this becomes a thing I'll tune in.

And Phil did a side bet on the 1st hole.

I also wonder about whether the $200 K could be deducted as a donation to a charity, since it actually was a gambling debt?

I also wonder about whether the $200 K could be deducted as a donation to a charity, since it actually was a gambling debt?

Not sure. Tiger hitting everything right. Looks stiff. Phil 1 up thru 3. He’s in fairway on 4 and Tiger is right but safe.

Not sure. Tiger hitting everything right. Looks stiff. Phil 1 up thru 3. He’s in fairway on 4 and Tiger is right but safe.

I am not convinced that Tiger is back like most of the analysts think. Yes, he won the Tour Championship, but think about it. Tour events have 165 players and it gets cut to the top 60 and ties, which usually is 65-70. These are the guys that are playing the best for the week. I the Tour Championship he only had to beat 19 other players and there was not cut, obviously, so if the other 19 were off their game that week, then that is what he had to beat. Plus, even with a huge lead, he almost gagged it up and only won by two strokes. If you look at every other tournament, when he got in contention he hit it sideways. I think he is great for the game, but I do not think he will win another major.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
I am not convinced that Tiger is back like most of the analysts think. Yes, he won the Tour Championship, but think about it. Tour events have 165 players and it gets cut to the top 60 and ties, which usually is 65-70. These are the guys that are playing the best for the week. I the Tour Championship he only had to beat 19 other players and there was not cut, obviously, so if the other 19 were off their game that week, then that is what he had to beat. Plus, even with a huge lead, he almost gagged it up and only won by two strokes. If you look at every other tournament, when he got in contention he hit it sideways. I think he is great for the game, but I do not think he will win another major.

He is definitely back to playing winning golf. He can easily win the masters.

Tour Championship is 30 golfers.

Out of curiosity, would you consider yourself a Tiger fan, hater, or neutral? If not a fan, who is your favorite golfer?

I would rather watch a cock fight than that and I don’t condone the fighting of animals it’s wrong

On the other hand, he was top 5 at the pga and had the Sunday lead at the open

I am not convinced that Tiger is back like most of the analysts think. I think he is great for the game, but I do not think he will win another major.
This is how i feel as well. Personally ive never been a Tiger fan but i respect what he did for the game and how good he was at his best. I wouldnt mind seeing him win another before its all said and done.

Tour Championship is 30 golfers.

Out of curiosity, would you consider yourself a Tiger fan, hater, or neutral? If not a fan, who is your favorite golfer?

Yeah, I meant 30. I kind of like Tiger. I think he has overcome a lot of adversity. Lot of it of his own doing. I'm not one of those that go nuts over him, but I certainly don't pull against him, either. I really don't have a favorite player, but I think Tiger's return is great for the game.

Reactions: Aike
Yeah, I meant 30. I kind of like Tiger. I think he has overcome a lot of adversity. Lot of it of his own doing. I'm not one of those that go nuts over him, but I certainly don't pull against him, either. I really don't have a favorite player, but I think Tiger's return is great for the game.

Square thru 11. Both guys playing pretty bad. 20 bucks who cares. If I paid 50 I'd be wizzed off.

On the other hand, he was top 5 at the pga and had the Sunday lead at the open

That's my point. He can come from behind and get close, or he can rally and get into the lead, but he cannot seal the deal. I just think the Tour Championship was a unique situation, and he survived, because nobody shot well that final day. Even at that, he lost the big lead and limped in with a two stroke win. With a full field, and a cut where those left are on their games, I just don't see him winning another major. Of course I could be wrong and he wins four more, but over 40 nerves just don't hold up as well. His body may not hold up either. His back looks ok, but I am not convinced that he wasn't on the juice. It would explain a lot of his injuries.

Reactions: cropper7
The most fascinating stat for me in regards to Tiger...with all his wins he's never come back from a deficit after 3 rounds. No come from behind wins. I believe I'm right in that, but not 100% sure.

The most fascinating stat for me in regards to Tiger...with all his wins he's never come back from a deficit after 3 rounds. No come from behind wins. I believe I'm right in that, but not 100% sure.

That’s only in majors. He’s come back in non-majors plenty.

ETA: He’s also only relinquished a 54 hole lead once in a Major. When he’s on he’s on, but it’s hard even for someone as talented as Tiger to manufacture a Major Championship.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Getting good now. Tiger went one up and then Phil Birdied a 200 yard par 3 to even the match after 13. Phil won 300K on CTP. He's won all three CTP's.

Reactions: ala_kat2
How the tabloid paper in London, The Sun, reported on this. Pretty bad reporting (if that's what they call it)....

DO CHEATS NEVER PROSPER?
How family man Phil Mickelson is pitted against love cheat Tiger Woods in £7m golfing showdown

The ultimate showdown will see sex-mad Tiger Woods come up against Phil Mickelson - the devoted husband and father who skipped the US Open to attend his daughter's graduation

By John Western
23rd November 2018, 3:39 pm
Updated: 23rd November 2018, 4:44 pm

I’m a good golfer, and I always figured he was juicing too. He was just too good.

It wasn't how good he was, since he was still a skinny kid when he won his first Masters. It was how bulked he got. You can work out, but when you're skinny, you don't bulk up like he did without help. The Dr. from Canada, who got convicted of treating athletes with steroids was treating Tiger. Tiger says it was for something else, but there was a lot of smoke, and what else would he say?

That’s only in majors. He’s come back in non-majors plenty.

ETA: He’s also only relinquished a 54 hole lead once in a Major. When he’s on he’s on, but it’s hard even for someone as talented as Tiger to manufacture a Major Championship.

And these were pre-comeback. Sitting out for so long, especially after 40, takes its toll.

How the tabloid paper in London, The Sun, reported on this. Pretty bad reporting (if that's what they call it)....

DO CHEATS NEVER PROSPER?
How family man Phil Mickelson is pitted against love cheat Tiger Woods in £7m golfing showdown

The ultimate showdown will see sex-mad Tiger Woods come up against Phil Mickelson - the devoted husband and father who skipped the US Open to attend his daughter's graduation

By John Western
23rd November 2018, 3:39 pm
Updated: 23rd November 2018, 4:44 pm
Crybaby Brits, still mad because fat Monty never won a major.

Reactions: Blue wood
Sure. The checks will be paid to the charities. How the check came about isn't relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT