ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Scot Boras makes some legit points about MLB and lack of competitive teams

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/...et-boras-says-mlb-needs-more-incentive-to-win

Yes, I know he has an axe to grind, but think he makes a lot of good points. There are probably ten teams right now that you know are not really trying to win THIS YEAR but are trying to cobble together a good minor league system and EVENTUALLY put a good team on the field. Reds, Marlins, and several others fall into this category. The Reds pitching staff is just awful, but they didn't try for Darvish and Arrieta. At some point, why should the fans pay top dollar or bother to watch the games on the local feed when the management is trying to MAYBE have a good team in 2020 or 2021?

Darvish or Arrieta wouldn't make much sense for the Reds at this stage in their rebuild.

I actually think the Reds' rotation could be solid this season IF they stay healthy. The bullpen still leaves a lot to be desired, but even it got a lot better toward the end of last season.

I actually agree with a lot of what he said. Baseball is by far my favorite sport in both college and professionally but it needs a shake up in some way.

Darvish or Arrieta wouldn't make much sense for the Reds at this stage in their rebuild.

I actually think the Reds' rotation could be solid this season IF they stay healthy. The bullpen still leaves a lot to be desired, but even it got a lot better toward the end of last season.

Yes I agree 100%, Reds pitching and UK football defense will both be be much improved next year, just like we have heard for decades. :rolleyes:

Yes I agree 100%, Reds pitching and UK football defense will both be be much improved next year, just like we have heard for decades. :rolleyes:

Come on now - The reds had anywhere from good to great pitching staffs in 2010/2011/12/13/part of 14... that’s really all you can ask for in baseball.

Still pissed in retrospect that we didn’t can dusty after 2011 and make our run at it in ‘12 with someone better than him or Price..

ADVERTISEMENT