ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Richard Pitino's job appears to be safe despite troubles on and off the court

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Amelia RaynoVerified account ‏@AmeliaRayno 2h2 hours ago

ICYMI yesterday: Pitino's job appears to be safe despite troubles on and off the court. http://www.startribune.com/richard-pitino-s-job-appears-to-be-safe-despite-troubles-on-and-off-the-court/371174971/…

Even more foretelling of Pitino’s return is his contract, which calls for $7 million in buyout payments should the university fire him this offseason. Norwood Teague — in one of his last acts as athletic director before resigning because of accusations of sexual harassment by two university employees — signed Pitino to a two-year extension this past summer that both gave the coach a raise and more than doubled the buyout terms, increasing them by a whopping $4 million.

“Seven million is a good chunk of change, no doubt about it,” University of Minnesota Board of Regents Chairman Dean Johnson said. “Does it weigh into the equation? I would guess it does.”

not surprising. syracuse set the example. take the hit. keep it rolling. there was a time when this stuff mattered...it really doesnt any more. big time coaches at big time schools....too big to fail. at the end of the day...let the PR firm handle it.

Reactions: .S&C.
I wish I had picked a career where you could stink up the joint and then get paid millions to leave. What a country.

Edit- Had to chuckle at this comment to the article:

Replaced Tubby with Pitino, bad move. Pitino only had success with Tubby's recruits. Look at Pitino now that all Tubby's recruits have graduated and moved on.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYExtemper
In this world, there's really no ethical code to live by. People today don't even care if the ten commandments are taken out of government buildings/schools, and things like this are all a trickle down effect of an anything goes society. It's the world we are living in now.

These schools know this, so really, they just simply don't care. When people start actually caring again, we will see some change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT