ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OSU and Michigan Rivalry Got Heated Today

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
On Big 10 coaches call Harbaugh accused OSU of breaking practice rules. Then:

I enjoy UK's rivalries as much as the next fan, but I do love 365-days-a-year rivalries even more as a neutral observer w/o a dog in the fight. Just need Mike Leach and Lane Kiffin to be mean to each other and it'll be the cherry on top.

OSU vs UM used to be one of the annual great games of American sports. Now it sucks. It hasn't been a contest for years.

It's clear Harbaugh isn't the answer Michigan had hoped he was. But if they decide to go in a different direction, who will they turn to? Dabo won't go, Saban is near the end of a career, Coach O is home. Probably won't happen, but would put a little foe in the rivalry, Urban. That would spice things up. Not sure where else they can go.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It's clear Harbaugh isn't the answer Michigan had hoped he was. But if they decide to go in a different direction, who will they turn to? Dabo won't go, Saban is near the end of a career, Coach O is home. Probably won't happen, but would put a little foe in the rivalry, Urban. That would spice things up. Not sure where else they can go.

Urban going to UM would be like Pitino going to UL. The heat and tension for the first few years was intense.

petrino

Seriously, I think they would hire Urban in a heartbeat, but doubt he is interested. Then I think they will go after the level,maybe kick the tires on Bob Stoops and then Kirby, Mark Stoops will probably get a call. Who else they going after riley wants an NFL job? Harbaugh's issue he is so damn creepy kids get turned off, thus he can't recruit well enough to beat tOSU.

But it would be fun to watch the tOSU meltdown, dont you agree?

100% agree with you. A coach held in high regard going to your arch rival leaves most fans feeling betrayed.

Most OSU fans think highly of him. Going to Mich would cause meltdown of epic proportion. (Rightfully so!) But, it would be fun to watch. What would the TV ratings be for that first game??? Can you imagine the boos for the first game in Columbia???

Mich is gonna dig up Woody Hayes. He is still mad at OSU for letting him go. Hey! He's just as big of a stiff as Harbough.

I hate that THE has come out on top of the formerly great fight. I don't see MI coming back any more than NE has.

I hate that THE has come out on top of the formerly great fight. I don't see MI coming back any more than NE has.

They have made some bad hires, but I thought RichRod would have been more successful, Hoke hire was odd. But I thought Harbaugh would get things done. But I didnt realize he was such a goofy acting guy and kids woul DC nt care for him. It can probably be turned around, but it's going to take a little time and someone who can recruit at a level tOSU is. Not many of those guys out there.

I don’t see any way Urban would take the UM job, if offered. He’s a very different scenario than Pitino to UL. Urban was born in Ohio and was a grad assistant at Ohio State well before becoming the head coach. He was born into the OSU/UM rivalry and has likely hated UM for many years.

I don’t see any way Urban would take the UM job, if offered. He’s a very different scenario than Pitino to UL. Urban was born in Ohio and was a grad assistant at Ohio State well before becoming the head coach. He was born into the OSU/UM rivalry and has likely hated UM for many years.

Oh I don't think he would take the job, I just keep thinking of the meltdown it would cause the TOSU fan base. But with Urbana ego, would winning a championship at a 3rd school tempt him? Has that ever been done before? And there is another thing Urban has shown over his career, he has zero loyalty to anyone other than Urban. But unfortunately I think you are right and he won't take it if offered.

ADVERTISEMENT