ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ole Miss accused of using burner phones to hide recruiting contacts

They did alot more than that. Back to Nutt they had someone taking test for kids to get qualified, remember Nutt signed 39 kids one class. They gave one kid 85K , his brother a scholarship, his gf a scholarship, moved his family into a house at Oxford and paid living expenses. Now they can hand out their academic scholarships to who they want, but you can't provide housing and utilities and hand them 85k in cash. They spend about a quarter mil on one class. It was told on UGA's board Mark Richt was one of the coaches who turned them in to the NCAA, Saban is believed to be the other. Richt did file a complaint to the SEC offices about their recruiting practices. But in fairness, they saw it all around them State paying kids not to take officials to other schools, AU outibdding State for Cam, Freeze was so arrogant about it he thought he could get away with it because he was a "Good Christian man", To me his actions are much worse than Petrino, Petrino got seduced by a good looking woman half his age, lots of us older guys have fell into that trap and he won't be the last one to fall or it either. Freeze on the other hand everytime he spoke he led with his religion and it turns out he is Jimmy Swaggart Jr, talking the talk but not walking the walk.

Makes you wonder how widespread this sort of thing really is. I'm not saying the cliche "everyone is doing it, they just aren't getting caught" because I would like to believe there is still some purity in my favorite sport, but I'm also not naive enough to think that Ole Miss is the only school/coaching staff doing this sort of thing. They certainly weren't the first to do it.

With that said, I have to ask the same question as K_time, why are the players involved still allowed to play? Seems to me that they should be punished as well. That would be one way to help prevent it in the future. That, and banning coaches found guilty from ever coaching in the NCAA again.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Ole miss was beyond corrupt. But the worst apart about was that freeze played this super spiritual/religious guy. As a Christian that makes me sick. I'm not perfect at all but to get on stage/tv/radio and do that means he has sociopathic tendencies and is a full blown hypocrite.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
People want players to be kicked out of college football because grown adults cheated ?
Pass on that idea.

ADVERTISEMENT