ADVERTISEMENT

OT- National Guard

Bkocats

All-American
Jan 2, 2011
I know this thread will probably get moved, but I wanted to go ahead and share this news with my Big Blue family

Earlier today, my eldest son qualified at MEPS and was sworn into the National Guard. He will be leaving for boot camp in August, then will be doing his MOS in vehicle transport and maintenance.

Words cannot describe my pride and joy right now.

I know this thread will probably get moved, but I wanted to go ahead and share this news with my Big Blue family

Earlier today, my eldest son qualified at MEPS and was sworn into the National Guard. He will be leaving for boot camp in August, then will be doing his MOS in vehicle transport and maintenance.

Can he shoot? UK needs shooters. I keed I keed. Good for him and you. Good stuff.

giphy.gif

Congratulations to your son for his accomplishment and thank him for his service. I know you are one proud parent!

Reactions: Bkocats
Not only congrats but thanks to both him and his understandably proud mama! BBN honors him for his service to our country!

That is awesome. Congrats to you, him and your family!

Reactions: BBUK and Bkocats

Excellent Bev....I know that you and your family are super proud of your son....and....you have every right to be !!! I pray for his safety and that he be uber successful at boot camp and his assignments to follow!

AlohaCat

Reactions: BBUK and Bkocats

No love like a mother's love .God Bless You!

Congratulations, the best thing for any young man to do is to serve their country. I have always thought every young man should serve their time in service. I went in and grew up in a hurry. Best time of my life. Make you applicate the USA.

Your son is a REAL hero. Congratulations to you and please pass along thanks for his service to our country on behalf of the BBN.

Disclaimer - I’m in the business of PROUDLY providing all of the equipment and uniforms for all of the great men and women that serve this great country. Their stories need to be told! God speed to all of America’s hero’s!

Thanks guys
I’m still floating on air here

He’s so pumped about doing this too. He announced on Facebook earlier by quoting his oath. Have to say I teared up

Been in almost 10 years with the Kentucky guard and I can honestly say it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Tell him to Take advantage of the school benifits asap with his GI bill and his state or federal tuition, he just opened a door of limitless opportunities. Congrats!

He is getting ready to have a real learning experience, one that will help him the rest of his life..doors will open afterwards that maybe wouldnt have other wise...congratulations...and God speed to him.

A huge thank you to your son for his upcoming service to our country. Without fine young men like your son, we would not have the privilege of living in the greatest country the world has ever known and to enjoy UK Athletics!

Thank him for his willingness to serve! Much appreciated!

Been in almost 10 years with the Kentucky guard and I can honestly say it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Tell him to Take advantage of the school benifits asap with his GI bill and his state or federal tuition, he just opened a door of limitless opportunities. Congrats!
[thumb2]:americanflag:

Reactions: Bkocats and JL-23

[thumb2]:americanflag: And a BIG THANK YOU to all who have served and currently serving! [thumb2]:americanflag:

Proud of him and for you & Rob.. Jerry W.

Congratulation for You and Your Son. Got to love kids wanting to serve our country must be a great kid, but he would be right? He is your son. Happy for You and I'm sure you are so proud of him.

Very cool, congrats! Thank him for his service please

Nothing soothes like a mothers milk.

Congratulations I bet he's excited.

Semper Fi do or die who the hell are we?

Congrats! I'm a Navy veteran; my Dad was a young sailor at Pearl Harbor during the attack and made it a career. He lost a cousin on the USS Nevada.

No life lessons will ever compare to those of serving his country!

Thanks to all who serve or have served!

BEV- I’m sure you, your husband, and your entire family are beaming about this. You’re a good poster, nice person, and apparently part of a great family. Thanks to your son for giving his time to the most noble of causes and I wish him the best. Sounds like a great kid. Congratulations to all of you.

I would never suggest the military to anyone unless they really, truly, want it.

That said, make sure you tell him to volunteer for every deployment/training exercise he can. There are tremendous benefits to being a veteran once you get out, provided you put in the work.

On a side note: If he wants to make a career out of it, tell him to go fly UAV's. Buddy of mine did that in the Marine Corps and now he teaches new pilots at Boeing HQ; and he's dumb as shit.

If he can do it, anyone can do it. Hindsight is 20/20.

Tell him congrats for me.

I would never suggest the military to anyone unless they really, truly, want it.

That said, make sure you tell him to volunteer for every deployment/training exercise he can. There are tremendous benefits to being a veteran once you get out, provided you put in the work.

On a side note: If he wants to make a career out of it, tell him to go fly UAV's. Buddy of mine did that in the Marine Corps and now he teaches new pilots at Boeing HQ; and he's dumb as shit.

If he can do it, anyone can do it. Hindsight is 20/20.

Tell him congrats for me.

Very wise advice!

Huge congrats , I was in that position 4-5 years ago . my hard headed daughter did early entry to the Ohio NG . Camp Lost in the Woods ( Leonard Wood ) at age 17 in between her Jr and Sr of high school . As only she would do - politely but firmly ask " I'm going to do it at 18 on my own or you can sign off on it now " So off she went . Ended up platoon leader of over a 100 at age 17 . Was " coined " by two DI's . Won the hand to hand combat contest as well ( nearly dislocated her roommates elbow in the final , she said she couldnt hear her hollering tap above 300 screaming soldiers in training) She currently graduated college at age 22 , debt free , bought a 60K dollar home and is working FT at the local hospital ( NG training got her the job ) Her 6 years years is up in less than a year now -- she is strongly considering helicopter pilot school in Ga with the NG .

Reactions: Bkocats and lsvljoe
ADVERTISEMENT