ADVERTISEMENT

OT Marvelous Marvin Hagler dead at 66

RIP Marvin

That first rd v the Hitman to this day is as savage as boxing gets.
I loved his moniker growing up so when we use to box around the neighborhood that was my guy. One bad dude
RIP

One of my favorite athletes ever. When he got screwed by the Sugar Ray Leonard **** show he told everyone to go **** off, left the country and never boxed again. Man of his word.

Echo the OP about that Hagler-Hearns fight--most exciting big time fight I've seen-when Al Michaels is talking of stopping fight due to cut and Hagler just destroys Hearns from moment ref checks the cut out.

My favorite fighter. The Hagler/Hearns fight was off the charts for three rounds (think it was 3). I remember right after the fight was over there was a Pizza Hut commercial on. It was Hagler eating a piece of pizz and he said, “Wonder what what’s his name is eating? Probably soup.” LOL. They obviously filmed the commercial with both fighters, but since Hagler won, his aired.

Marvin was a bad man. Always respected how he carried himself. Sugar Ray ran around the ring and avoided him the entire fight yet got enough rabbit punches in to win, he was a FREAKIN CHICKEN!! I can't stand Sugar Ray to this day because of that fight. Marvin had to LITERALLY scratch and claw for every opportunity he got, unlike Leonard who was a media darling from the time he was in Golden Gloves.

Marvin Hagler was a great champion and a man of honor. RIP Champ.

Marvin was a bad man. Always respected how he carried himself. Sugar Ray ran around the ring and avoided him the entire fight yet got enough rabbit punches in to win, he was a FREAKIN CHICKEN!! I can't stand Sugar Ray to this day because of that fight. Marvin had to LITERALLY scratch and claw for every opportunity he got, unlike Leonard who was a media darling from the time he was in Golden Gloves.

Marvin Hagler was a great champion and a man of honor. RIP Champ.

Sugar Ray was the Duke of the boxing world. Still a great fighter though.

An Officer and a Gentleman Blu-ray Release Date May 7, 2013

Had to give his DOR.
RIP

Reactions: DSmith21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT