ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Is giannis antetokounmpo a All Star/ Future HOF'er?

FrankUnderwood

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2017
Bluegrass State!
Been watching some videos of him etc on YouTube over the summer and man this dude is a beast . Nearly 7 foot , but mobile , quick , very athletic , can create his own shot , handles the ball well , and is a beast down low.

It's like he can play 4 positions .

Still not exactly sure how to pronounce his name - he needs an abbreviated nick name lol

When does he become a FA? I'd love to see him go to a team with a chance at a title

Thoughts ?

Definitely an All Star and certainly on track for the HOF but needs to keep improving and making runs in the playoffs.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
He's already not just an all star but all NBA. If he stays healthy, he should be a multi-year all star with a very solid chance at a HOF career.

I have to imagine he'll be Hall of Fame if he simply stays healthy. I love my man Tracy McGrady, but if he can make HOF while having his career cut short and doing nothing in the post-season.. Giannis Sdjfnjfgvjnegjdbv should walk to the HOF.

I have to imagine he'll be Hall of Fame if he simply stays healthy. I love my man Tracy McGrady, but if he can make HOF while having his career cut short and doing nothing in the post-season.. Giannis Sdjfnjfgvjnegjdbv should walk to the HOF.
Good comparison betwenn the two if thats what your doing. TMac also suffered from Mings injuries and such. A healthy Tmac was as good as Kobe.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Talk about a "what if" player.. Same with Yao, who also got his HOF help by being, arguably, the most important non-American player in the history of the game.

Which raises the question...will KAT be a HOF'er? He was drafted the same year as the Greek Freak and is averaging 7 PPG and 5 RPG more over those 2 years than Giannis is.

1. He's an all-star level at this point of his career and going forward barring injury w/o a doubt IMO. Especially in Eastern Conference.
2. HOF is a harder call...but if he can sustain Bucks in playoffs for 4-5 more years and make a 2nd-3rd or even finals run...we'll start to be able to gauge if he's going to be a HOF worthy candidate.

He''s going to be one of those guys that stand to be a top 5 NBA guy as Lebron and Durant age in next 4 years and give the mantle of top shelf NBA player. I'd argue K. Leonard, Westbrook, hopefully a health Anthony Davis, etc...along with the Greek Freak will begin to take those all NBA spots in years to come.

KT is with out a doubt heading towards a HOF. AD and DMC too. All 3 have done things stat wise that no other players have done. However, all need to win a lot more games.

Reactions: ganner918
Greek freak, Kawhi Leonard, and Anthony Davis feels like the next best trio in the league. (Kawhi already is in the current best trio)

Which would put him into HoF. I mean. They have to put someone in every year.

He's already not just an all star but all NBA. If he stays healthy, he should be a multi-year all star with a very solid chance at a HOF career.
What this guy said. He was a starter in the All-Star game and he was second team All-NBA. He's arguably at the top of he list of young guys who could be the best player in the league soon.

KAT becomes the only player in @NBA history to record 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 100 three-pointers in a single season! Also youngest to ave 25 and 10.

The Hall of Fame criteria in the Basketball is not as high. I think we look at the Baseball HOF's insane judgemental selection process and think its super hard, but like mentioned above T-Mac got in.

I think honestly if you win awards and are good for a decent amount of time you get in.

Reactions: ganner918
A more worthy NBA accomplishment and the one most folks go to will be the next 50 greatest players list 50 years from now...whomever decided that one to begin with?

The Greek Freak is a really interesting player. I think he has tons of potential and could be the franchise changer for the Bucks at this rate.

Greek freak, Kawhi Leonard, and Anthony Davis feels like the next best trio in the league. (Kawhi already is in the current best trio)

Which would put him into HoF. I mean. They have to put someone in every year.

Agreed. I have Kawhi at 3rd behind Bron and Durant

Reactions: WildMoon
That's who I have for my current top 3.

I feel like AD will surpass Kawhi because of his insane potential.

Kawhi does it all. Makes shots, finishes in traffic, can handle the ball, DEFENDS, and gets into passing lanes. But what really solidifies him in my top 3? His demeanor. He is emotionless. While LeBron is pounding his chest, or recording himself dancing during a workout......Kawhi says nothing. Kawhi could drain a dagger and not even blink. Wish there were more just like him.

Kawhi does it all. Makes shots, finishes in traffic, can handle the ball, DEFENDS, and gets into passing lanes. But what really solidifies him in my top 3? His demeanor. He is emotionless. While LeBron is pounding his chest, or recording himself dancing during a workout......Kawhi says nothing. Kawhi could drain a dagger and not even blink. Wish there were more just like him.

I have Kawhi in top 3 now.

I was referring to new generation top 3. I think it'll be AD, Kawhi then Greek freak. I do have a bit of UK bias in regard to AD. :joy:

Lebron "pounding his chest " while Kawhi "says nothing " lol? What ? [roll]

On top of pounding his chest , lebron is also winning titles and making it to the finals nearly every year .

That being said Kawhi is a beast and will be a top 3 player for the next several years imo

I run Giannis at the 1 in NBA 2K :)

You getting 2k18?

I preordered the "gold" edition or whether it's called (deluxe?)

Anyways - I have 2k16- but skipped ok 2k17 to wait for 2k18.

From what I've seen and read it's gonna be pretty amazing

Xbox or PS4? Xbox one S here - wanna trade gamer tags?

You getting 2k18?

I preordered the "gold" edition or whether it's called (deluxe?)

Anyways - I have 2k16- but skipped ok 2k17 to wait for 2k18.

From what I've seen and read it's gonna be pretty amazing

Xbox or PS4? Xbox one S here - wanna trade gamer tags?
I’m probably getting 18, I haven’t preordered though. I’m on PS4, my dude! Well, PS4 and PC. My tag on both is just like on here, TIE543 if you ever decide to come to the Sony train or become PC master race ;)

I’m probably getting 18, I haven’t preordered though. I’m on PS4, my dude! Well, PS4 and PC. My tag on both is just like on here, TIE543 if you ever decide to come to the Sony train or become PC master race ;)

Haha I was a sony guy from Ps1- PS3 (even the PS vita ) but last year I just couldn't pass up the deal I saw for the Xbox one S . And I now have like ...140 ish? Games downloaded / for the Xbox one so like
It would be super expensive for me to get a PS4 and rebuild a library
That being said I still love Sony :)

Reactions: TIE543
I got both ps4 and xbox one but I play 2k on xbox

Wanna play sometime ? You like madden? GTA ? I have a ton of games (wife got pretty pissed when I went on my game shopping spree lol )

I don't get to play as much as I'd like as I've been running my home business the last 3 years, but I still manage to get a few hours a week in - typically at night after the kids and wife are asleep

Reactions: DraftCat
Well funny thing is I only play 2k on Xbox all my other games are on PS4 :)

Only got xbox cause most of my friends have xbox but I prefer the PS4 personally. I got Madden on PS4 and GTA

Lebron "pounding his chest " while Kawhi "says nothing " lol? What ? [roll]

On top of pounding his chest , lebron is also winning titles and making it to the finals nearly every year .

That being said Kawhi is a beast and will be a top 3 player for the next several years imo

Did I say LeBron was a bad player? What did I miss. Why are you telling me he is in the finals nearly every year? Are you saying that he doesn't pound his chest or make videos of himself dancing? I don't understand. Go back to playing video games at home all day long while you build your "business".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT