ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Help me out fellow Bengals fans....

ZenCatFan73

Junior
Dec 19, 2015
Tatooine
Lifelong fan since '73, so you know what I've been through as a fellow Whodey.

Burfict, Pacman, Mike Brown - How do you reconcile these knuckleheads' BS in your minds?

Last edited:
I can not for the life of me figure out what Marvin has on Mike Brown. And I think Burfict is too good just to let go and go shine somewhere else. I thought this for sure would be the season a new coach was brought in. Guess not....

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
There's nothing u can do about Mike Brown. Unfortunately he owns the team. It sucks. Pacman has been good there. Not much off field issues. Same with Burfict. Now they both have had some on field issues, but this team isn't full of knuckleheads like it once was. I think Jordan Jones has some Burfict in him, but he is no talent like Burfict. Obviously what Mixon did was deplorable, but everyone deserves a 2nd chance and he has kept his nose pretty clean since that incident too. I thought it was time for a new coach, but again, Marvin's 15 years there have been way way way better than the 15 years before Marvin so while I don't agree with bringing him back, I'm not outraged over it.

Thing about Burfict is by a lot of accounts, he's a pretty good guy off the field. Seems like on the field, he toes the line, and has impulse control issues.

Life long Bengals here too. Wish I could offer up some form of consolation to my fellow Bengals fans but I believe this team has hit it's ceiling under this staff. I can certainly acknowledge the fact Marvin Lewis made Cincinnati competitive in 05, 09, 11-15 compared to the era before him. However, with the dynamics of the Cincinnati market and an owner like Mike Brown who is not a big spender by any stretch of the imagination, the run has gone stagnant the last couple seasons. I miss the days of Forest Gregg & Sam Wyche when this team could win a playoff game and make the Super Bowl. Not a Marvin Lewis homer and have been vocal about my stance on him for years but as long as Mike Brown is calling the shots as GM/owner, any coach will have there work cut out for them. One of Mike Brown's first moves as owner was firing Wyche. Wish they could get sold and an outsider with cash like Shahid Khan in Jacksonville would buy the team and not be afraid to spend. Of course that's not realistic to expect to happen but one can dream. Cincinnati needs to first get back to being able to make the playoffs again. After that, winning one playoff game is sadly what I would consider a realistic goal for the current state of the franchise but I'll take it at this point. As a lifelong fan of the Reds & Bengals putting up with the good and the bad, I just can't pump sunshine for these organizations any more.

Last edited:
I think Jags could win the Super Bowl.
Prior to the 2016 season, someone asked me who I thought would win the Super Bowl in a casual NFL discussion. My answer was New England, not going out on a limb there. I told them however, my sleeper pick was Jacksonville. Shahid Khan spent a lot of money upgrading the Jags that offseason and drafted Jalen Ramsey. Blake Bortles was coming off his 2nd NFL season in 2015 with 35 TDs and 4,428 passing yards with not much help around him. They failed last season and all of that cost Gus Bradley his job. Looked like a fool but now feel vindicated after the season they've had this year. I'm never right when it comes to sports predictions but had a good feeling that Jacksonville was going to surprise some people. Just was off by a season. Leonard Fournette has been a force for them when he has not been injured. Gave up 42 points today but had a strong defense this season.

Last edited:
They are one of only a few teams that did not kneel, they put out a note saying that politics and football don't mesh and the people paying to see the game came to watch football.
2017-09-24T142001Z_1_LYNXNPED8N0KR_RTROPTP_4_NFL-JAGUARS-RAVENS-e1506280881913.jpg

usa-trump-sport.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...icial-players-kneeling-national-anthem-london

As I was watching the Vikings/Saints game, I could not help but think, "what if the Bengals got rid of Lewis 4 years ago and promoted Mike Zimmer to head coach?" He has proven to be one heck of a head coach that has one of the best minds for defense in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT