ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Frank Martin on MJ vs. Lebron

Man, Jordan could score at will on Lebron..Jordan played with the flu IN UTAH vs. Stockton and Malone and scored 40 of Chicago's 90 points..and he played 45 minutes. Jordan was throwing up on the sidelines with a crazy ass temperature..he was having to make sure he wasn't getting dehydrated. If THAT didn't stop him or even slow him down, Lebron James big ass sure as hell ain't stopping him. Jordan could score and finish at the rim on anybody. The dude was dunking on Patrick Ewing and Charles Barkley and Karl Malone and Alonzo Mourning and on and on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-five-baddest-boys-of-the-bad-boys-era#slide1

FACT that Jordan was by far the most protected player in the league at the time (& perhaps ever.)

It's not a fact. It's your opinion. Every stop was pulled out by every team to stop Jordan. You name it they tried it. This is always the most laughable comment when talking about Jordan.

Case in point. Look at the title of this video. (bad call Jordan gets special treatment). Of course, as the guy goes to block the shot he hits Jordan on the head, but the guy who made the video doesn't want to point that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It's not a fact. It's your opinion. Every stop was pulled out by every team to stop Jordan. You name it they tried it. This is always the most laughable comment when talking about Jordan.

Case in point. Look at the title of this video. (bad call Jordan gets special treatment). Of course, as the guy goes to block the shot he hits Jordan on the head, but the guy who made the video doesn't want to point that out.

Is that seriously the best you can do? A play in which Jordan drives and get fouled. I'll grant you it's not a terrible call and the person who put the video together overreaches a little in the title, but in his defense that's a play which even today is likely to be uncalled, so I'm not sure how it advances your claims.

BTW, if you want to complain about the homer announcers not mentioning the hit to the head keep in mind that 1.) the Lakers announcers have ALWAYS been homers and 2.) although it was worse back in the 80's, even today probably at least 25% of the home announcers are homers. (this judged by watching a lot of League Pass).

As for Jordan Rules, yes it's my opinion and it happens to be one that was widely held at the time and still remains true today (IMO). The only thing the Pistons and a few others did was they decided that if they're going to be called for a foul anyway, they might as well get their money's worth.

Last edited:
LeBron or MJ is a fun debate. Yeah Lebrons finals record isnt the best but the man has had the longest stretch of sustained excellence that ive seen.

Barring injury or retirement, Lebron will be the NBA all time leading scorer when he does decide to ride off into the sunset.

I've got MJ over Lebron at the moment but Lebron might have enough tread left on the tires to pass him.

LeBron is losing a lot in this series. This would be an embarrassing loss but I still think Cleveland comes back to win the series. Golden State's going to kill either of these teams so it doesn't matter

Or think about this: one of the best PFs in Jordan's days was Karl Malone 6'9" 250.

Lebron 6'8" 250

Love to see any defender in Jordan's era, not named Scottie Pippen, check Bron. No way they could stop him.

That is what makes LeBron as good as he is. If he is 6'6' and 215 like Jordan was he wouldn't be the dominant player he is. If the question is who is the most talented LeBron isn't in the same conversation as the GOAT. If the question is who is the most physically dominant then he, Shaq and Chamberlain would be fighting it out for that crown. As for who is the greatest of all time it is a combo of both talent and physical ability so it really depends which factor you give the most weight in my opinion.

Yeah, that's about the only team to slow Jordan down..but it took a TEAM of the dirtiest collection of players ever..and probably the most physical and dirty style of defense ever..and Jordan still got his most times..he just had to work his ass off and take a beating to do so..but he did. And Jordan and the Bulls probably win game 7 vs. the Pistons if not for Scottie Pippen getting a horrible migraine just before the game in the 1990 Eastern Conference Finals and Jordan and the Bulls did sweep the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals in 1991..including a humiliating blowout win AT Detroit in Game 4 so bad that most of the dirty SOB Pistons walked off the court with like 4 or 5 minutes to go in the game..expected nothing less from that bunch.

Lebron has never faced such a defense nor would he ever play defense like that..he's soft compared to that type of defense. Lebron would freak out the moment he got elbowed right in the face or really got put to the floor (Like the Bad Boys were doing to Jordan).

Last edited:
I've recently decided this is an argument that has to be quantified. If you are talking about the best or goat and you mean overall most skilled/statically productive player of all time it has to be Lebron. If you mean the goat is the guy who is the most cut-throat winner and best mentalist to ever step on a basketball court and who I believe is the goat. That would be Michael Jefferey Jordan
I'd also put Larry Bird over LeBron as far as the cut-throat factor goes. LeBron is a freak athlete but his absolute will to win and heart are a notch below Jordan, Bird and Kobe imo.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Lebron lost his chance to ever surpass Michael in the 2014 Finals against San Antonio. The final 3 games were:
Game 3 Tuesday, June 10 Miami Heat 92–111 (1–2) San Antonio Spurs
Game 4 Thursday, June 12 Miami Heat 86–107 (1–3) San Antonio Spurs
Game 5 Sunday, June 15 San Antonio Spurs 104–87 (4–1) Miami Heat
James did well from a stats perspective but no player consider the greatest ever can ever have his team lose by almost 20 point three games in a row (two being at home). After that loss, LJ left the team for greener pastures (again). Great player--of course. Greatest player--no way.

That is what makes LeBron as good as he is. If he is 6'6' and 215 like Jordan was he wouldn't be the dominant player he is. If the question is who is the most talented LeBron isn't in the same conversation as the GOAT. If the question is who is the most physically dominant then he, Shaq and Chamberlain would be fighting it out for that crown. As for who is the greatest of all time it is a combo of both talent and physical ability so it really depends which factor you give the most weight in my opinion.
I know, Lebron is really just bigger and faster and more athletic and a better ball handler and smarter and a better passer than everyone else. Good shooter too, but that's it. If he were about 5 feet tall I doubt he would be as good.

Goats don’t have a losing record in the finals. Goats don’t lose three times in the first round. Goats don’t win three titles with a teammate being the best player in those years. Goats don’t get swept. Goats don’t quit on their team and go somewhere else.

Not sure there is a Goat. Maybe Russell?

I know, Lebron is really just bigger and faster and more athletic and a better ball handler and smarter and a better passer than everyone else. Good shooter too, but that's it. If he were about 5 feet tall I doubt he would be as good.

Better passer, ball handler and shooter than who? He isn't better than Curry at any of those things so I guess if Steph was 6-8 and 250 he would be the GOAT?

Goats don’t have a losing record in the finals. Goats don’t lose three times in the first round. Goats don’t win three titles with a teammate being the best player in those years. Goats don’t get swept. Goats don’t quit on their team and go somewhere else.

Not sure there is a Goat. Maybe Russell?

Lebron is most likely going to be the leagues all time leading scorer when its all said and done.

Lebron has taken teams full of nothing to the finals multiple times. My measure of greatness is sustained excellence and the ability to make others around you raise their level of play.

I have a ton of respect for Russell but he is #4 all time on my list. (I know Russell owned Wilt too) Jordan is number 1, Kareem 2 and Lebron is 3, but could be the goat when he hangs them up IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT