ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ethan Hawke. How awful of a fan is this guy. This story can't be made up.

From the link:

“That happened around the same time LeBron decided to go [back] to Cleveland. And there was something about him going back to Cleveland that is so righteous, so cool and it marked some transition in my willingness to accept LeBron’s greatness. … I didn’t have a team, and I have followed with beautiful fandom the LeBron James movement. And I am in a period of ecstasy right now watching one of the greatest players to play the game have one of the greatest seasons.”

Is Ethan Hawke "Snarks"? [laughing]

Heckuv a life. Goals and aspirations are astounding...

No. Guy may not be on in Gods good graces. I don't think you should take the chance. If you insist please go ahead but no one will touch it with a 10 foot pole.
I'm hoping he was sarcastic in that interview.
If not, he may ACTUALLY need our prayers.

Reactions: BBUK
When you get used to the benefits of being famous and a celebrity, something as logical as having to pay for a sports ticket that you haven't had to pay for in the past seems egregious. Certainly not sticking up for Hawke, but everything has to be put into perspective. Hopefully one day he'll understand how entitled of a move this was. But as a current Knick fan I can understand finding any reason to jump ship as their organization drives me up a wall on a daily basis. Yet I still find myself rooting for them.

Yahoo! and other internet sites allowing "bloggers" to post articles that include facts but are written based on the blogger's opinion are ruining the way we get our news. People are entitled to their opinion but as the person delivering the information to the general public it doesn't seem right to insert your own personal opinion. (Cue the CNN/MSNBC/Fox News bashing)

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Generally anti-hollywood, but I haven't seen any other reasons to dislike Hawke, so a pass for now. What about the other issue.. Knick's organization just GIVING $7,000 tickets away to people that don't need them, simply to draw attention?

Typical psycho idiot who apparently only sees things in political views so has to bring it up in every conversation.

Because, ya know, I’m sure there’s no way any Hollywood person who is a Republican could have an entitled mindset too.

Typical online tough guy who is really a little bitty snowflake living in the ole trailer park.

Typical online tough guy who is really a little bitty snowflake living in the ole trailer park.

Shut up, please. There was nothing political about that article yet you had inject it. Only a simple mind labels large groups of people. Which is why our system is broke, people only want to see black and white.

There is zero wrong with this article. Celebrities get free stuff, that's just the way it is. And if I can get free stuff, then why would I pay for the same stuff. That would be as stupid as thinking one party is evil and another party is angelic.

Love Training Day, but because of Denzel. Hawke was just the instrument Denzel played on. Any Gen X actor could have played his role, Bale for example. As far as free tickets, if that's what makes you lose your fandom, you weren't really much of a fan, were you? There's a reason we are known as the Big Blue Mist. Our fandom will pay almost any price to see our team. We get in, and it ainta for free.

Wow!! Didn’t know who he was before reading and now will be forever out of my memory. What a pompous ass

He was married to Uma Thurman and had a couple kids. She dumped him for banging the nanny, who he then married. (The nanny is about one-fifth as hot as Uma Thurman in photos I saw.) That pretty much sums up the guy's level of maturity and judgment.

By the way -- Bonus reason to laugh at the guy: He named a kid....(wait for it)....Indiana. Not sure if it is a boy or a girl, I hope either way the kid isn't a basketball fan.

Last edited:
I had great expectations for this thread, but how do we discuss hollywood without mentioning the crazy left? What im going to do is bow out, because its not possible for me to do so.

Hollywood can inject marxist and progressive views on us, even in our movies and during awards, but sane people cant talk it back.

And the libby elites just keep setting the table "listen to me then shut up".

And people wonder why that side is getting their asses kicked and need new third world voters to make it.

Ok now im done.

I might be on my own here, but I don't pray for guidance for anyone who has a net worth of $55 million.
harsh...the Knicks took back his free tickets...no compassion? now, he has (sniff, sniff) to pay to attend an NBA game...oh, the humanity! This is the kind of stuff one would expect from N. Korea; not the Knicks
IF the Knicks are going to not give freebies to our illustrious Hollywood crowd, who will?

Love Training Day, but because of Denzel. Hawke was just the instrument Denzel played on. Any Gen X actor could have played his role, Bale for example. As far as free tickets, if that's what makes you lose your fandom, you weren't really much of a fan, were you? There's a reason we are known as the Big Blue Mist. Our fandom will pay almost any price to see our team. We get in, and it ainta for free.

Bale is 10x's the actor he is.

Training Day was his best movie.

I don't know .... I really liked his character, Goodnight Robicheaux, in the most recent version of The Magnificent Seven (also with Denzel Washington). He was also quite good in Gattaca (Uma Thurman) and The Newton Boys (Matthew McConaughey) in the late 90s.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

I didnt like training day. Denzel sucks playing a bad guy. Just cant feel it.

Reactions: kev69
ADVERTISEMENT