ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Dogs and Epilepsy

I do appreciate of few of you being honest and proving my point.

My retrievers were never bad diggers. I bought this Golden Pyrenees and my god she just won’t stop. Every time I let her out. Pyrenees are stubborn to the core. So I bought a smart collar and it’s worked wonders. She’s figuring out who alpha is.

There’s a girl who I’m helping get into college. She has lunch at the Salvation Army everyday because her food stamps are just enough to feed her and her aging mother / son dinner. She works 40 hours per week at Walmart.

I agree there are some shitty people in the world. But how anyone could want to help a dog over a person doing everything they can but still can’t hardly feed themselves? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

The dog craze in America is totally insane. That’s my opinion.
Well, sorry but if I ever had the chance to save you or my dog (probably any dog), you'd be on your own.

I love dog man, love dog.

You dudes are wild.

I generally enjoy your posts and their sometimes quirky nature, but I genuinely don't understand your participation in this particular thread and choosing to just down those who do have a love and passion for animals by placing yourself on some sort of pedestal with your choice of words.

You care more about humans than dogs. Great, wonderful. You've made your point. Your point, however, has absolutely nothing to do with the original point of the thread that you chose to highjack. OP was genuinely asking for some help and advice regarding his dog and seizures. He clearly put "OT and Dogs" in the title. You chose to click on it and rather than add to the conversation, you proceeded to start off with a gif that was in poor taste and continue to just rag on those who love animals and try to compare single moms in the Salvation Army.

That, is wild.

Again, generally enjoy your posts. Just don't agree with what you're doing in this thread.

I generally enjoy your posts and their sometimes quirky nature, but I genuinely don't understand your participation in this particular thread and choosing to just down those who do have a love and passion for animals by placing yourself on some sort of pedestal with your choice of words.

You care more about humans than dogs. Great, wonderful. You've made your point. Your point, however, has absolutely nothing to do with the original point of the thread that you chose to highjack. OP was genuinely asking for some help and advice regarding his dog and seizures. He clearly put "OT and Dogs" in the title. You chose to click on it and rather than add to the conversation, you proceeded to start off with a gif that was in poor taste and continue to just rag on those who love animals and try to compare single moms in the Salvation Army.

That, is wild.

I did not hijack. Dog lovers hijacked because when it comes to dogs they cannot even take a simple joke. It’s insane. So when they came I responded. I’m still responding.

I did not hijack. Dog lovers hijacked because when it comes to dogs they cannot even take a simple joke. It’s insane. So when they came I responded. I’m still responding.

Did your first post in this thread add or contribute to the conversation?

No?

Did it simply start shit? Yes?

That is hijacking a thread.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Did your first post in this thread add or contribute to the conversation?

No?

Did it simply start shit? Yes?

That is hijacking a thread.

No it’s called a gif. It was the first post. I said nothing. Lol. Man.

Some of you need to get some perspective and chill the hell out. No dog was harmed in the making of that gif.

Good grief dog enthusiast are impossible.

No, I'm not. My opinion.

I feel ya. My kids would without a dad. My woman without her man to support the lifestyle. My parents would lose a son. God would see his child die. But ole Spotty would be able to chase his ball on Friday. America’s values are right where they should be.

Me? I’d save you before my dog.

Do you ever watch the NFL?

I feel ya. My kids would without a dad. My woman without her man to support the lifestyle. My parents would lose a son. God would see his child die. But ole Spotty would be able to chase his ball on Friday. America’s values are right where they should be.

Not sure what the NFL comment means but as others have pointed out, humans can take care of themselves. I am supposed to care more about your family than mine? Sorry.

Not sure what the NFL comment means but as others have pointed out, humans can take care of themselves. I am supposed to care more about your family than mine? Sorry.

Do you watch the NFL? You said you’d save any dog before me. Not just yours. And it’s a dog. He’s not part of your human family.

Do you watch the NFL? You said you’d save any dog before me. Not just yours. And it’s a dog. He’s not part of your human family.
No, I do not watch the NFL. Not regularly at least.again, dont get the reference.

I live alone. Been alone for a few years now. So my dog IS my family. Maybe someday you will understand.

No, I do not watch the NFL. Not regularly at least.again, dont get the reference.

I live alone. Been alone for a few years now. So my dog IS my family. Maybe someday you will understand.

The reference is simple. Anyone who watches the NFL but claims to be a dog above all guy, is a hypocrite. The NFL reinstated a man who fought, tortured, and murdered hundreds of dogs. You cannot be a proponent of dogs and support the league. Yet I’d be willing to bet many here won’t give up the NFL for love of the dog.

America 2019.

1. Sports
2. Dogs
44. Humans.

Our priorities are superb.

I feel ya about the being alone part. He’s your family, nothing wrong with that.

The reference is simple. Anyone who watches the NFL but claims to be a dog above all guy, is a hypocrite. The NFL reinstated a man who fought, tortured, and murdered hundreds of dogs. You cannot be a proponent of dogs and support the league. Yet I’d be willing to bet many here won’t give up the NFL for love of the dog.

America 2019.

1. Sports
2. Dogs
44. Humans.

Our priorities are superb.

I feel ya about the being alone part. He’s your family, nothing wrong with that.
Yes, because Michael Vick makes up the entire National Football League.

Edit: I don't watch much NFL at all FWIW.

Yes, because Michael Vick makes up the entire National Football League.

The league reinstated a man who tortured and murdered hundreds of dogs. He could not have played had the league said no. It’s the entire league that made it happen. Top down.

You cannot support the NFL and claim a gif of a dog with a gun pointed at it is out of bounds without being the biggest hypocrite I’ve ever seen

Hey, @morgousky, I like you and all. But, this thread isn't about you. Like at all.

It’s cool man. I didn’t actually realize the gif would cause that issue.

I had a spaniel that had seizures. Would have one about every other month or so it seemed. Vet told me there’s really nothing that can be done, so they told us to just hold her while it was happening. She lived about 13 years.

I’ll leave the NFL comment for the hypocrites and phony’s.

That, is wild.

Again, generally enjoy your posts. Just don't agree with what you're doing in this thread.

Post of the year IMO. Articulated better than I could’ve through my anger/tears/sadness. @Cowtown Cat we are clearly not in the minority with our feelings for our dogs, F him.

Post of the year IMO. Articulated better than I could’ve through my anger/tears/sadness. @Cowtown Cat we are clearly not in the minority with our feelings for our dogs, F him.

No F you. I love dogs. But not above my fellow man. Private me anytime. Being told someone would rescue a dog before a child is sick, so yea, F you sicko.

Hole theory.

Look man I hope his dog is ok. I hope your dog is ok. I have no problem with dogs. I made harmless gif joking around and the cat women have come out of the woodwork to tell me they’d rather a human die than a dog, they’d watch me fall off a cliff to save a dog they didn’t even own, and now I’m being told to go F myself.

So stop quoting me and I’ll stop. Team up, I don’t give a sht. I’ve already told you guys to private me with anything else. I’m willing to go away and let him have his dog thread in peace.

Might want to revisit that Christian thing if you believe the way they do. The Bible is fairly clear about animals and humans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Nuroplex. It's made of essential oils and natural medicine for dogs and cats that have seizures. There are plenty of success stories
You has your chance to earn 50 likes, by asking how the dogs walk was, and you blew it. You’re still one of my favorite posters.

Look man I hope his dog is ok. I hope your dog is ok. I have no problem with dogs. I made harmless gif joking around and the cat women have come out of the woodwork to tell me they’d rather a human die than a dog, they’d watch me fall off a cliff to save a dog they didn’t even own, and now I’m being told to go F myself.

So stop quoting me and I’ll stop. Team up, I don’t give a sht. I’ve already told you guys to private me with anything else. I’m willing to go away and let him have his dog thread in peace.

Might want to revisit that Christian thing if you believe the way they do. The Bible is fairly clear about animals and humans.
I’m not heartless. If you were falling off a cliff, I’d definitely yell, look out below!

I've posted on here a few times here and there regarding our husky dog and how he's epileptic and has seizures. I'm just seeking advice that hopefully helps us in preventing him from having seizures. We love him dearly and my wife becomes a complete wreck every time he has one, and rightfully so.

He had his first seizure in December of 2016, the same month he turned one year old. Then, a couple weeks later, he started having cluster seizures on the eve of New Years Eve. We rushed him to the vet the next morning, where they put him on phenobarbital. The phenobarbital worked great and he didn't have another one for two or three months after that. He would only have one every couple months or so in 2017 and part of 2018.

From the second half of 2018 up until now he's been having them more frequently. He was having one or two a month, so we added another medicine called Keppra in October last year. So now we have him on the Phenobarbital and Keppra, along with Valium, which is strictly to avoid cluster seizures.

He's had four in one months time now. We're thinking about adding even one more medicine to help manage them, potassium bromide. Hopefully that'll work, I don't know. Again, any advice one could give would be beneficial and greatly appreciated. TIA.

Edit: I believe it was @Ocornett that offered advice to me a long time ago but can't remember what it was now.

We had a Beagle that hit her head, and she began having periodic seizures. The phenobarbital helped with the seizures, but it changed her personality. After 30 days, we took her off them, and she never had another seizure.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
No F you. I love dogs. But not above my fellow man. Private me anytime. Being told someone would rescue a dog before a child is sick, so yea, F you sicko.

“Sicko?” Who ever said that one had to be picked ABOVE the other? I was simply sharing what I am going through with MY dog simultaneously with the OP, together, hoping to find some answers. Your gif was in poor taste in response to the OP. Own your poor attempt (and fail) at humor given the OP’s (and my) situation.

Me? I’d save you before my dog.

I'd save you before my dog, but the decision would haunt me til I died.

I haven't gotten on your back about anything. We get along 99.99% of the time. Relax

I've posted on here a few times here and there regarding our husky dog and how he's epileptic and has seizures. I'm just seeking advice that hopefully helps us in preventing him from having seizures. We love him dearly and my wife becomes a complete wreck every time he has one, and rightfully so.

He had his first seizure in December of 2016, the same month he turned one year old. Then, a couple weeks later, he started having cluster seizures on the eve of New Years Eve. We rushed him to the vet the next morning, where they put him on phenobarbital. The phenobarbital worked great and he didn't have another one for two or three months after that. He would only have one every couple months or so in 2017 and part of 2018.

From the second half of 2018 up until now he's been having them more frequently. He was having one or two a month, so we added another medicine called Keppra in October last year. So now we have him on the Phenobarbital and Keppra, along with Valium, which is strictly to avoid cluster seizures.

He's had four in one months time now. We're thinking about adding even one more medicine to help manage them, potassium bromide. Hopefully that'll work, I don't know. Again, any advice one could give would be beneficial and greatly appreciated. TIA.

Edit: I believe it was @Ocornett that offered advice to me a long time ago but can't remember what it was now.

I’m on Keppra for my seizures and I haven’t had one in two years since I started it. My doctor also personally takes it for his seizure problems. It’s great with no side effects.

Good luck man! My dog is like my son and is a diabetic and has been through the mill with medical issues. But there isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. I have found some of the best help for my dog's situation with FB support groups. They have them for about everything to do with our furry friends. Again, good luck.

My dog was diabetic as well. Still feel the need to check twice a day to give it to him even after he passes away. I hated that he had it but it extended his life well longer than had it been caught and managed. He lived to be 15 years old.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
We get the 500 mg generic. Had been paying around $35. GoodRx app we got them for $16 at CVS this month, 60 count. Maybe that'll help.

Yep my script of 60 is exactly 16 bucks at Kroger for 500mg every month. Cheaper than with insurance right now until I hit deductible level.

The single thing I wouldn’t do is use Valium everyday. Only as needed after a seizure. benzodiazepines not only cause seizures after discontinued use, but can kill you. I came off Xanax bars and Opana at the same time and almost died from a seizure.

Seizures happening to your furbabies are very scary. We had a 15 year old dachshund who started having seizures. He became anemic and required a blood transfusion. The seizures continued from that day forward. His meds helped, but he would still have them. It finally got to a point one day where the seizure didn't stop and we rushed him to the vet. We had to put him to sleep. Best dog I ever had. Buried him under the big tree in the yard on a 0 degree windchill night snowing like a mad man.

Now we have an English Angora rabbit that broke its rear leg 3 weeks after we got it. Vet said the way it broke it needed to be amputated because it would never fuse together. $1000 later we have a 3 legged rabbit hopping around the house. It must have had an "unlucky rabbits foot".

My dog is a 16 year old Caucasian Mountain dog. He had seizures until he was 5? Maybe 6 years old? He got loose one day and was hit by a car. He's never had another seizure, since.
EDIT: my dog is still alive. He's a huge dog, and the car barely bumped him.

Last edited:
Good luck with the dog cowtown.

To the rest of you, good luck with this board. Summer seems to have brought out the worst in this place.

ADVERTISEMENT