ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dan Dakich fired from Indy radio show

Hahah check out this rant about Scottsburg, he’s not too far off.

This video is snippets of a 6-minute segment Dakich did on Scottsburg. It includes cursing, talk of meth, AIDS and defecating. IndyStar recorded the podcast before it was taken down.
https://uw-media.indystar.com/embed/video/2888396001?placement=snow-embed
I bought a dog in Scottsburg years ago; probably 20. Would've been dangerous mean if he'd lived long enough. Got hit by a car when he was 16 weeks old, and had already bitten 6 or 7 of my friends and family in the couple of months I had him. Wasn't big enough to do any damage or break the skin, but he would've gotten there. He was a black german shepherd whose daddy looked like a black bear (but had the disposition of a grizzly w/ a bad tooth). Only time I can ever remember losing a dog and have the reaction "probably for the best"

I bought a dog in Scottsburg years ago; probably 20. Would've been dangerous mean if he'd lived long enough. Got hit by a car when he was 16 weeks old, and had already bitten 6 or 7 of my friends and family in the couple of months I had him. Wasn't big enough to do any damage or break the skin, but he would've gotten there. He was a black german shepherd whose daddy looked like a black bear (but had the disposition of a grizzly w/ a bad tooth). Only time I can ever remember losing a dog and have the reaction "probably for the best"
Some of them just “have it in them”.

This. Dan D works for clay and is doing well. Clay also got the mid day 180 guys from 104.5 in nashville sports radio as well. Clay travis has built a sports/culture/gambling media empire. And that doesn't even factor in his own radio and TV appearances.
Clay Travis has become everything Matt Jones wanted to be but couldn’t achieve. And Travis did it in the guise of a conservative which must tick off Matt Jones even more 😂

Not that I go out of my way to listen but always enjoy listening to DD. Ran into him every Saturday morning before CFB season on ESPNU Sirius in the car.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Clay Travis has become everything Matt Jones wanted to be but couldn’t achieve. And Travis did it in the guise of a conservative which must tick off Matt Jones even more 😂
Travis might be liberal (?), but if he is he certainly hides it very well. Except for him being a UT homer, I actually like him a lot; more so than MJ.

Reactions: kwhdmd and UKMKG
Bu
This. Dan D works for clay and is doing well. Clay also got the mid day 180 guys from 104.5 in nashville sports radio as well. Clay travis has built a sports/culture/gambling media empire. And that doesn't even factor in his own radio and TV appearances.
But he/they are royal douche bags. So there's that....

Reactions: shodaman
feeding them meth as a pup will do that.

I read this Gregg Doyel column yesterday. I don't typically listen to Indy sports talk, so I don't really know what all Dakich has done for Doyel to write this.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I read this Gregg Doyel column yesterday. I don't typically listen to Indy sports talk, so I don't really know what all Dakich has done for Doyel to write this.

A bit long and a bit who cares at times but interesting read as well.

Interesting to see all these UK Clay Travis fans nowadays. That certainly wasn’t the prevailing view here back when he was dropping takes like these:

Reactions: GGary

Doyle sounds like a dbag in that article, he was a supposed good friend of him but now he’s not and sounds like a woke clown. Yeah he’s made some dumb comments but most of that article was from the perspective of “he hurts feelings so that makes him Hitler.” Basically playing to Indy crowd, the only part of Indiana that would enjoy woke takes.

Interesting to see all these UK Clay Travis fans nowadays. That certainly wasn’t the prevailing view here back when he was dropping takes like these:

He’s a Tennessee fan of course he’s gonna hate on UK, I disregard his personal sports takes but he’s very reasonable on his general political outlook so I enjoy that. I’m not a “fan” but Outkick is good and promotes shows with people who can actually talk about topics.

He’s a Tennessee fan of course he’s gonna hate on UK, I disregard his personal sports takes but he’s very reasonable on his general political outlook so I enjoy that. I’m not a “fan” but Outkick is good and promotes shows with people who can actually talk about topics.

I'm not a fan either but he is entertaining in politics and sports. I read Republicans buy sneakers too and it was a good read.

And let's be real, we do have a lot of dumb fans. So does TN. There isn't much difference between tn and Kentucky in some areas. Clay is no different than your typical bro you engage in tn and ky smack talk with back in college days. We all made redneck and imbred jokes about the other fanbase. He just has a platform for his bias and smack talk.

That was quite a lengthy takedown. I get the impression that Doyel has been itching to write that column for a long time.

Fwiw, I grew to really like Dakich when he was doing ESPN games. I thought he was clearly the most knowledgeable and insightful (and brutally honest) analyst that ESPN had. And I thought his radio show was good the few times I listened in on it. The man is smart when it comes to sports.

But he also seems to have a self-destruct button where he just has to go off the rails with rants from time to time. And he doesn’t know when to dial it back.

Yep Clay Travis is really struggling- what a dumb comment
I live in Indy. The point is that his listening audience here in Indy didn't want that. Having ulta-conservative US Senator Jim Banks on his show was moronic. Indy is the liberal pocket of the state. Tone deaf. Dakich lost all respect as a basketball/sports person when he tried to turn political. Clay can pull it off. Dakich cannot - IN INDY.

You missed the entire point of my comment. So spare me the "dumb comment" - you're the dumbass. Oooh, how does it feel?

Last edited:
That's because Dakich isn't afraid to voice a real opinion. MJ, being a liberal Democrat has been trained to fear a differing opinion on anything. As a result he sounds like a shyster politician.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
I know Clay personally, he’s doing fine. He’s a good guy. Good family, too.

ADVERTISEMENT