ADVERTISEMENT

OT Boneheaded play by the Who Dey!

How was he threat for positive yards, when HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS? He had BOTH feet OOB, on the white, when he ws pushed.

Dude you have to be trolling, or just having a hard time acceting the loss, and the dumbest shit ever.

"Threat for positive yards"?-----Just stop.

Edit: Well apparently the NFL doesn't want us to see it.
Also there were 2 holding penalties on the same play that were not called. This is the same ref and his crew that were quick to call Logan Wilson for holding in the SB last year.

The defender shouldn’t have touched him at that point. I wish he hadn’t, because it was shaping up to be a real classic of a finish, with OT being a strong possibility.

During live play, I thought Patrick M was trying to get a Best Actor nomination, but on replay it clearly showed PM was well OOB by the time the shove happened. It wasn’t egregious, though… the guy just had his adrenaline pumping, I guess.

And yes, Joe B clearly should have gotten a roughing call too, a few minutes before. The refs swallowed their whistles.

BUT the biggest “bad call” of the night was the intentional grounding Burrow got. Perine was right there “in the area” as a possible receiver. I’ve seen that flag picked up a hundred times before, if there was a player within a -short bus ride- of the incomplete pass. The “rules guy” commentator even said that was a weak flag.

Bottom line: The calls/non-calls favored the Chiefs more than the Bengals.
As well as the non call on hands to the face on the intentional grounding play.

• Angry
Reactions: Dallas-Wild
No,you said it was a bad call....the wrong call. Now you are trying to say since they didn't make a call earlier,than they shouldn;t make that call.

Thats not how it works. If I blw a call in basketball, I don't go make another bad call, just to make sthings even....OR if I miss a call, I don't not make a call because of that.

Need to be disciplined there.

As for the Burrow play, its not the same. Not even close to the same.
Bullshit. That play on Burrow is textbook roughing. And there were a lot of critical missed calls that went one way. The block in the back to spring the punt return. The first down the Bengals got where the play was completed and the refs huddled and said no play for a false start. 5 downs. PI on Hilton that the rules guy said was a bad call, the intentional grounding with Perine in the area. When they stack up that one sided, it becomes questionable.

Last edited:
As well as the non call on hands to the face on the intentional grounding play.

Yep.
I didn’t realize (from your preceding comment) that this was the same SB crew. Makes sense. They called both of the games “one way” for most of the game, then switched to calling it the “other way” at the end, just in time to help the Rams/ Chiefs.

I don’t understand how anyone could say that it wasn’t late when both feet was out of bounds. You can’t argue video proof. And the extra down didn’t result in points for KC so that wasn’t the advantage either. KC got a decent punt return and was near the 50. #58 cost them the game, not the refs.

How was he threat for positive yards, when HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS? He had BOTH feet OOB, on the white, when he ws pushed.

Dude you have to be trolling, or just having a hard time acceting the loss, and the dumbest shit ever.

"Threat for positive yards"?-----Just stop.

Edit: Well apparently the NFL doesn't want us to see it.
Just saw the replay on ESPN. Had both feet out of bounds. IIRC, a player is OOB with one foot. So CLEARLY OOB when he was hit. Easy call and the right call.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If the NFL was so set on screwing the Bengals (which they did), they should have just determined the outcome of the game by a coin toss. That is usually how they try to screw the Bengals.

Reactions: Catfan2226
A 2 hand push? Unnecessary? They're fighting for yards for a field goal to decide the season. You're gonna let the MVP fight for anything extra? Nothing dirty or illegal there it's a bail out
And this is why I cheer against the Bengals. He was fighting for yards while running out of bounds.

Just saw the replay on ESPN. Had both feet out of bounds. IIRC, a player is OOB with one foot. So CLEARLY OOB when he was hit. Easy call and the right call.
I dont' think all are arguing it was not a late hit and reasonable to throw a flag. The part many are stating is why do those not get flagged (and happen in 4th qtr). Just all the close calls go Chiefs way is what many are saying.
1. On the same play out of bound...look at the blatant hold

2. Or the big punt return which set up the short field

3. Pretty obvious two steps after ball is out and hit on Burrow....not called

Again, will some Bengal fans post examples of the good officiating they got in Nashville and KC last post season? Because the titans for one got screwed. My point is these things happen.

Simple call but was more simple when Burrow got nailed the drive before. Take a ruler and show me the angle of burrow on his play which was an incomplete pass and Mahomes which was a run for positive yards. Maybe you'd like them to play in skirts next year?

I didn't watch the entire game so I have no opinion on Burrows. But was watch the play in question, QB was clearly out of bounds with both feet when he was pushed. It's a clear penalty, it would have been a penalty on a WR or RB, that's how late it was.

I didn't watch the entire game so I have no opinion on Burrows. But was watch the play in question, QB was clearly out of bounds with both feet when he was pushed. It's a clear penalty, it would have been a penalty on a WR or RB, that's how late it was.
They didn't call it earlier in the game when Mixon was hit that late out of bounds.

And this is why I cheer against the Bengals. He was fighting for yards while running out of bounds.
Say that last call was right but you gotta admit they missed the one on the drive before to even make it possible. Ever watch baseball? Ever see managers get mad when the strike zones different for one team or player? A strike is a strike right? Well only if they call it.

Say that last call was right but you gotta admit they missed the one on the drive before to even make it possible. Ever watch baseball? Ever see managers get mad when the strike zones different for one team or player? A strike is a strike right? Well only if they call it.
I don’t get why those defending the refs refuse to acknowledge that both can be true. The call on the Mahomes hit can be the correct call which it was though I don’t think you call it there based on the other things you let go and the refs missed a late hit on Burrow. Both of those can be true. That doesn’t even mention the awful intentional grounding penalty on Burrow when Perine was two steps from the ball, the missed blocks in the back on that last KC punt return, or the holding on Hendrickson that would have made the late hit offsetting penalties. KC may have won but they certainly weren’t the better team.

What about the 3rd and 9 that they had to play over?! Lmao what a joke.

The shove out of bounds shouldn't have gotten a call given the fact it legit decided the game; but it's at least justified as technically the right call.

However the do over 3rd down is so beyond absurdity I don't know what to say. Media and NFL got the matchup they wanted, so there won't be any heat but there should be. That was WWE level

Game was headed to OT and the Boneheaded Bengal hits Mahomes out of bounds to set up the 45 yd GW FG.

One of the biggest boneheaded plays in NFL history.

Glad this weekend is about over.

SMDH
First game I have watched any of all year, I turned it on with 7 minutes to go and watched the Bengals live up to their nickname of the last 40 years - "The Bungals"! If they don't try to complete two 40 yard well covered passes when they have second and 3 it probably wouldn't have mattered - what stupid play calling in the final minutes of the game period. The Bengals had momentum and were moving the ball on the ground and eating up clock - so the play calling was just about as bad.

No doubt that late hit was as stupid as it gets. I watched the guy sit on the sidelines and cry - that was a really stupid late hit and he did just hand the game away. Those plays always make you wonder about the game..............

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
The defender shouldn’t have touched him at that point. I wish he hadn’t, because it was shaping up to be a real classic of a finish, with OT being a strong possibility.

During live play, I thought Patrick M was trying to get a Best Actor nomination, but on replay it clearly showed PM was well OOB by the time the shove happened. It wasn’t egregious, though… the guy just had his adrenaline pumping, I guess.

And yes, Joe B clearly should have gotten a roughing call too, a few minutes before. The refs swallowed their whistles.

BUT the biggest “bad call” of the night was the intentional grounding Burrow got. Perine was right there “in the area” as a possible receiver. I’ve seen that flag picked up a hundred times before, if there was a player within a -short bus ride- of the incomplete pass. The “rules guy” commentator even said that was a weak flag.

Bottom line: The calls/non-calls favored the Chiefs more than the Bengals.
Perine was there, but what pissed me off on that play is they missed a clear hands to face penalty on KC. One of the defensive linemen had his hands in face of the Bengal offensive lineman pushing his head straight back. I thought the grounding was a bad call because of Perine, but to also miss an obvious hands to face penalty on them, while calling a penalty on us, was just awful.

NO one is disputing that call it was a correct call, it's obvious.

It's the NON calls in 4th Q people are questioning. Went one sided that last 12-10 mins.

I actually think Taylor screwed up time management when calling a TO after the Hurst catch on 1st down. There was around 47 sec I believe (going on memory) and I think you let it run knowing you have 2 timeouts and hurry to the line for a play around the 32 second mark. At that point its 3rd down, you use your 2nd timeout (leaving one) and there is probably 27 seconds on the clock. If the same played out and you get sacked on 3rd down, they Cheifs use that final timeout and they get the ball back with probably 15 seconds. At that point, its an OT game.

I get Taylor was trying to win it while he had the ball, but with 47 seconds left and where you were on the field, a hurry up for a 2nd down play seems to be the smarter play with 2 timeouts in your back pocket.

I also felt they should have ran a play before the 2 min warning....probably a run to avoid giving the Cheifs an extra timeout but Im guessing the risk/reward of the run wasnt worth it at the time and the Bengals got a first down after that anyhow.

Because YOU didn’t watch the whole game everyone should just ignore the rest of the game and no-calls. You say it would be a penalty on a RB REALLY?

this was far more obvious and wasn’t called.

Except it happened in the same quarter and wasn't called...

See above post lol

Again, will some Bengal fans post examples of the good officiating they got in Nashville and KC last post season? Because the titans for one got screwed. My point is these things happen.
Same lead Ref from the SB that called the bullshit hold on Logan Wilson Last year.

show me these things that happened to the Chiefs.

Show me the last time the NFL changed the rules right before the playoffs when they had a rulebook that 100% dealt with a cancelled game situation and seeding. This forced the Bengals to play their starters and lineman got hurt.

Show me any other time where hours before a conference championship where the NFL changes the rules like they did against the Bengals saying the no huddle offense would be illegal as it gives the Bengals an unfair advantage like they did when Wyche was their coach.

Yea these things just happen to everyone.

Same lead Ref from the SB that called the bullshit hold on Logan Wilson Last year.

Show me the last time the NFL changed the rules right before the playoffs when they had a rulebook that 100% dealt with a cancelled game situation and seeding. This forced the Bengals to play their starters and lineman got hurt.

Show me any other time where hours before a conference championship where the NFL changes the rules like they did against the Bengals saying the no huddle offense would be illegal as it gives the Bengals an unfair advantage like they did when Wyche was their coach.

I had completely forgotten about the no huddle offense nonsense that year.

I had completely forgotten about the no huddle offense nonsense that year.
Changed the rules hours before the Buffalo game because the week before Seattle faked an injury damn near every third down to substitute. NFL didn’t like the look and Levy the Bills coach bitched about their offense.

Reactions: TCurtis75

The setup for the AFC playoffs this year was complete bullshit.Coin flip my ass....yes there were blown calls that hurt the Bengals and helped KC,but the Bengals aren't going anywhere and Mahomes may very well have to leave the comfort of arrowhead next season for the playoffs.... Cincy is here to stay...people might as well accept it.

ADVERTISEMENT