ADVERTISEMENT

OT Boneheaded play by the Who Dey!

A 2 hand push? Unnecessary? They're fighting for yards for a field goal to decide the season. You're gonna let the MVP fight for anything extra? Nothing dirty or illegal there it's a bail out
He was out of bounds. Simple call!

He was out of bounds. Simple call!
Simple call but was more simple when Burrow got nailed the drive before. Take a ruler and show me the angle of burrow on his play which was an incomplete pass and Mahomes which was a run for positive yards. Maybe you'd like them to play in skirts next year?

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It was the right call. End of story.

Bengal fans don't bitch about the refs when the calls go your way.
Whose bitching...it was the right call but it sure as hell wasn't called when Burrow was going out of bounds against the Ravens and the piece of shit Raven player tried to take his knee out in the wildcard game...

Cincy got what it deserved. Their coach was bitching the entire game instead of coaching. It was no doubt a penalty.

Reactions: shano
Ya because assaults to women is above the stoolers players lol AB and Ben Roethlisberger walk into a bar
Haha....pretty strong point (and why just about any fanbase needs to be arguing moral behavior issues....most teams have their players with issues.

Sexual-assault accusations steal away from Ben Roethlisberger’s career | Commentary​

Big Ben was accused of rape in 2009 and 2010....So Mixon really isn't any worse of a dude to women then Big Ben arguably.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
It was definitely a penalty. If they didn't give a 30 yd punt return it would have went to OT. And if they would have given Burrow more time they would have won. Refs didn't cost them. DBs gave up 326 yds

It was definitely a penalty. If they didn't give a 30 yd punt return it would have went to OT. And if they would have given Burrow more time they would have won. Refs didn't cost them. DBs gave up 326 yds
I'm a diehard Bengal fan and yes it was a penalty,anyone who knows football knows it.We had chances..plenty.It sucks but against Mahomes you got to expect the unexpected.Hes going to throw it and you have to be ready.It was a good game and this time we got beat.Hard to beat Mahomes and the Chiefs 4 times in a year but the Bengals aren't going anywhere and the future looks bright.

Haha....pretty strong point (and why just about any fanbase needs to be arguing moral behavior issues....most teams have their players with issues.

Sexual-assault accusations steal away from Ben Roethlisberger’s career | Commentary​

Big Ben was accused of rape in 2009 and 2010....So Mixon really isn't any worse of a dude to women then Big Ben arguably.
I'm not arguing that exactly. Just saying you'll act high and mighty until your own guys are brought up. I don't agree with what Mixon did but i also don't act like it's horrible your guy did something outside of what we'd accept and it's OK my guy did. At the end of the day they enforced a call which is ok but to act like it's ok that they ignored the same call the drive before is crazy. People aren't wrong for thinking that both calls could change the outcome of the game but they both benefited only 1 team

Game was headed to OT and the Boneheaded Bengal hits Mahomes out of bounds to set up the 45 yd GW FG.

One of the biggest boneheaded plays in NFL history.

Glad this weekend is about over.

SMDH
Unreal, man......Just un-fukin real. I mean WTF was he thinking?

A 2 hand push? Unnecessary? They're fighting for yards for a field goal to decide the season. You're gonna let the MVP fight for anything extra? Nothing dirty or illegal there it's a bail out
Fighting for yards? Due he(Mahomes) was fukin 5 yards OOB.....He wasn't fighting for jack shit. I love the Bengals, man, but that play was fuking beyond dumb

Fighting for yards? Due he(Mahomes) was fukin 5 yards OOB.....He wasn't fighting for jack shit. I love the Bengals, man, but that play was fuking beyond dumb
He's advancing the ball and gets pushed running but burrow gets hit standing still and it's a no call? You can't make that make sense by simply stating it's the rules. Technically the rules were thrown out the window when it was a close play 5 minutes earlier. People have a right to question bad calls and comparing 2 calls isn't out of this world when they're that similar and go different ways

He's advancing the ball and gets pushed running but burrow gets hit standing still and it's a no call? You can't make that make sense by simply stating it's the rules. Technically the rules were thrown out the window when it was a close play 5 minutes earlier. People have a right to question bad calls and comparing 2 calls isn't out of this world when they're that similar and go different ways
He wasn't advancing the ball, dude----He was 5 yards OOB when he was hit. Its an easy call.

He wasn't advancing the ball, dude----He was 5 yards OOB when he was hit. Its an easy call.
He was running for positive yards and you could make the argument he was more of a threat for yards than Burrow was when he had threw a pass and was standing still and hit. That's my whole point is it was the "rules" apllied to one team. Plus, 5 yards!? You probably think that protractor between your legs is a ruler

He was running for positive yards and you could make the argument he was more of a threat for yards than Burrow was when he had threw a pass and was standing still and hit. That's my whole point is it was the "rules" apllied to one team. Plus, 5 yards!? You probably think that protractor between your legs is a ruler
How was he threat for positive yards, when HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS? He had BOTH feet OOB, on the white, when he ws pushed.

Dude you have to be trolling, or just having a hard time acceting the loss, and the dumbest shit ever.

"Threat for positive yards"?-----Just stop.

Edit: Well apparently the NFL doesn't want us to see it.

How was he threat for positive yards, when HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS? He had BOTH feet OOB, on the white, when he ws pushed.

Dude you have to be trolling, or just having a hard time acceting the loss, and the dumbest shit ever.

"Threat for positive yards"?-----Just stop.

Edit: Well apparently the NFL doesn't want us to see it.
Now show me the video of a flat footed burrow and tell me as a defender hitting JB was more Necessary than hitting Mahomes going for a game winning FG. I want the correct call too but when it gets ignored 1 way i don't know why you expect the other team not to be mad. Tell me the Burrow no call was wrong if you're gonna tell me the mahomes one was right

Now show me the video of a flat footed burrow and tell me as a defender hitting JB was more Necessary than hitting Mahomes going for a game winning FG. I want the correct call too but when it gets ignored 1 way i don't know why you expect the other team not to be mad. Tell me the Burrow no call was wrong if you're gonna tell me the mahomes one was right
It's irrelevant to the Mahomes play. Hell I don't evenknow what the **** play you are talking about with Burrow, TBH....???

Mahomes was well OOB. He wasn't fighting for extra yards----He was OUT OF BOUNDS. Clearly OUT OF BOUNDS.

I loathe the Chiefs. Have rootd for the Bengals since 1983. Endured like 20+ staright losing seasons. Trust me---I hate this loss.

But that was the right call, and an easy call...It just was.

He was out of bounds for sure but it looked worse than it really was to me because one of Mahomes' feet hit the other guy as he was running causing him to trip and fall. At first I thought Mahomes just took a dive to try and sell the penalty but his foot did clearly hit the Bengals player after he got touched which I think caused the fall. Tough call either way.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
It's irrelevant to the Mahomes play. Hell I don't evenknow what the **** play you are talking about with Burrow, TBH....???

Mahomes was well OOB. He wasn't fighting for extra yards----He was OUT OF BOUNDS. Clearly OUT OF BOUNDS.

I loathe the Chiefs. Have rootd for the Bengals since 1983. Endured like 20+ staright losing seasons. Trust me---I hate this loss.

Then maybe look up the Burrow play? The Mahomes call never happens if they make the more blatant call 5 minutes earlier for Burrow. Chiefs never see the ball again in the 4th if it's made. My disagreement isn't that they made a horribly wrong call but that they penalized a guy for a push on a QB who made himself a runner and ignored Burrow getting ran over after the ball was out of his hands as a QB in the pocket. Fans have every right for being mad that the rules were enforced on one team and not the other. If you can't understand the frustration from fans you're not looking at it as a fan

He was out of bounds for sure but it looked worse than it really was to me because one of Mahomes' feet hit the other guy as he was running causing him to trip and fall. At first I thought Mahomes just took a dive to try and sell the penalty but his foot did clearly hit the Bengals player after he got touched which I think caused the fall. Tough call either way.
THis is fair....TBH, I have seen worse in that same setting, not called. But fact of the matter is, he was clearly OOB---So why even out the official in a position to make a call? You have to be more disciplined than that. Just stop, and make them make a decison----Hail Mary, or a long FG. From where they were, I highly doubt he makes a FG. Game should have went to OT.

THis is fair....TBH, I have seen worse in that same setting, not called. But fact of the matter is, he was clearly OOB---So why even out the official in a position to make a call? You have to be more disciplined than that. Just stop, and make them make a decison----Hail Mary, or a long FG. From where they were, I highly doubt he makes a FG. Game should have went to OT.
Absolutely, totally on that Bengals player to not touch him. Just a horrible decision and no need for it. Game would have gone to OT for sure and who knows what would have happened there. Wish we could have seen that. I was pulling hard for the Bengals.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Then maybe look up the Burrow play? The Mahomes call never happens if they make the more blatant call 5 minutes earlier for Burrow. Chiefs never see the ball again in the 4th if it's made. My disagreement isn't that they made a horribly wrong call but that they penalized a guy for a push on a QB who made himself a runner and ignored Burrow getting ran over after the ball was out of his hands as a QB in the pocket. Fans have every right for being mad that the rules were enforced on one team and not the other. If you can't understand the frustration from fans you're not looking at it as a fan
No,you said it was a bad call....the wrong call. Now you are trying to say since they didn't make a call earlier,than they shouldn;t make that call.

Thats not how it works. If I blw a call in basketball, I don't go make another bad call, just to make sthings even....OR if I miss a call, I don't not make a call because of that.

Need to be disciplined there.

As for the Burrow play, its not the same. Not even close to the same.

No,you said it was a bad call....the wrong call. Now you are trying to say since they didn't make a call earlier,than they shouldn;t make that call.

Thats not how it works. If I blw a call in basketball, I don't go make another bad call, just to make sthings even....OR if I miss a call, I don't not make a call because of that.

Need to be disciplined there.

As for the Burrow play, its not the same. Not even close to the same.
How's it not close to the same? As far as being an unnecessary hit on a QB? You're splitting hairs and leaving it to judgement either way. If they didn't call that at the end i guarantee you there would be way less said about it than there is right now. It was a gift especially when you consider they ignored the same call or they wouldn't have even had the ball. Everybody has a right to question the calls at the end

The defender shouldn’t have touched him at that point. I wish he hadn’t, because it was shaping up to be a real classic of a finish, with OT being a strong possibility.

During live play, I thought Patrick M was trying to get a Best Actor nomination, but on replay it clearly showed PM was well OOB by the time the shove happened. It wasn’t egregious, though… the guy just had his adrenaline pumping, I guess.

And yes, Joe B clearly should have gotten a roughing call too, a few minutes before. The refs swallowed their whistles.

BUT the biggest “bad call” of the night was the intentional grounding Burrow got. Perine was right there “in the area” as a possible receiver. I’ve seen that flag picked up a hundred times before, if there was a player within a -short bus ride- of the incomplete pass. The “rules guy” commentator even said that was a weak flag.

Bottom line: The calls/non-calls favored the Chiefs more than the Bengals.

• Love
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

This is almost always called roughing.

ADVERTISEMENT