ADVERTISEMENT

OT Arkansas baseball collapse

Cardsstink

All-SEC
Mar 20, 2017
What a turn around. 2 outs, bottom of the ninth with a 1 game to none lead last night and a pop foul to seal the deal is not caught and now they are about to let it all slip away.

Unreal isn't it? All they had to do was catch that foul ball and there were 3 or 4 players there to do it, but it dropped. Ouch.

Reactions: Cardsstink
The second baseman could see himself being the center of the celebration but decided to run 6 foot past the ball

Reactions: Cardsstink
Baseball players are some of the most superstitious in all of sports and a single late negative play can head touch them into a complete tailspin. It’s like an ominous sign of fate to them.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I still can’t get over how bad of a read the second baseman took on that ball. He didn’t just over run it, at no point in time was he ever on the right track to catch the ball. He didn’t only over run it by six foot, it also landed 3 foot behind the path he was running on.

Reactions: TM2013
Not just 2 outs in the ninth, but 2 strikes as well. Reminds me of the Rangers/Cardinals Series a few years back, when the Rangers twice were one strike away from the title and blew it both times. I knew then they’d lose the next game, just like last night you knew it would be very difficult for Arkansas to win today.

After seeing the replay, the pop foul was clearly the right fielder’s play, I assume the fast charging second basemen called the other 2 off....Those 3 - heck, everyone in the state - will relive that play over and over for generations to come....

Reactions: TM2013
Baseball players are some of the most superstitious in all of sports and a single late negative play can head touch them into a complete tailspin. It’s like an ominous sign of fate to them.

That is so true. Even Major league teams collapse if something happens that is worrisome to the players. Even stepping on the lines and crazy stuff.

Maybe it’s from watching UK football over the years but I just knew when that play wasn’t made they would lose the game. Was watching the game the other night with a couple of friends and as soon as they tied it up I said this next guy will now go yard.

Reactions: uky8unc5
My son played in the CWS. Made Final Four. Toughest kid I ever saw play. Led the nation in Hit-by-Pitch twice.

If he had been one of the 3, an ambulance would be on the field before that ball hits the ground. Unforgivable...

Reactions: musrat59
ADVERTISEMENT