ADVERTISEMENT

OT All 30 MLB teams to play each other in 2023

The Braves are the bear of choking I’ll give ya that. I’ll never forget those HOF arms in the 90’s barely squeezing out a single ring lol. And they almost lost that one too.

That current ring was total luck. Braves won’t win another for at least 30-40 years.

I’m expecting our 12th World Series ring this season. Most of the NL, most outside the team that paid for theirs. There’s the cardinals then there’s everyone else.

I’ll let John Smoltz finish this post up.

“I played a lot of baseball and I loved most of my
Teams, but I have to say there’s a special quality to playing in St. Louis that i hadn’t experienced before “

Many players feel this way. Just look at what it’s done for Albert getting back. look at what Montgomery is doing. He’s attributing it to playing in STL.

Jealousy will get your teams nowhere. Drew that goes for you too.
Last years braves was not luck. They won that on the field and beat the dodgers straight up after folding the year before. Your hat has to be off to that

Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
You must have missed Montgomery. You’re in a for a rude awakening if you think the Braves stack
Up to our team.
Montgomery is fine but you’ve got no one else I’d be worried about. Mikolas and Wainwright aren’t guys going to stop the big boys in the playoffs

The Braves are the bear of choking I’ll give ya that. I’ll never forget those HOF arms in the 90’s barely squeezing out a single ring lol. And they almost lost that one too.

That current ring was total luck. Braves won’t win another for at least 30-40 years.

I’m expecting our 12th World Series ring this season. Most of the NL, most outside the team that paid for theirs. There’s the cardinals then there’s everyone else.

I’ll let John Smoltz finish this post up.

“I played a lot of baseball and I loved most of my
Teams, but I have to say there’s a special quality to playing in St. Louis that i hadn’t experienced before “

Many players feel this way. Just look at what it’s done for Albert getting back. look at what Montgomery is doing. He’s attributing it to playing in STL.

Jealousy will get your teams nowhere. Drew that goes for you too.
Atlanta has a really good shot at repeating. St. Louis has little to no chance of even making it to the World Series. The Braves are a much better team. Fact!

You must have missed Montgomery. You’re in a for a rude awakening if you think the Braves stack
Up to our team.
In all seriousness, as a Yankees fan, Montgomery has been lights out which is amazing so far. The guy is a good pitcher but consistency/injuries have always been a concern of mine while he was in New York. Maybe he will be like Javier Vazquez & Sonny Gray who thrive outside of the Bronx.

I just have one thing to add, and Crash Davis said it best; "I believe there ought to be a Constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter." Screw the DH. Bastardization of baseball. You're either a ballplayer or you're not. What's next? Pitcher's helper so they don't even have to field? If you're athletic enough to throw a ball at an elite level, you can probably learn how to hit one as well.

Reactions: natchezrule
I just have one thing to add, and Crash Davis said it best; "I believe there ought to be a Constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter." Screw the DH. Bastardization of baseball. You're either a ballplayer or you're not. What's next? Pitcher's helper so they don't even have to field? If you're athletic enough to throw a ball at an elite level, you can probably learn how to hit one as well.
Have you seen the “battered bastards of baseball” on Netflix? It’s awesome

I prefer our division rivalry games to having a one off against the White Sox or Orioles. But this was inevitable once they finally got the DH installed.

We threw the game. We didn’t need it and we’re resting arms to sweep cinci.

11 World Series rings I think we know what we’re doing but I could be wrong.
I hear ya. I like the cards dude. I tell my son about the Vince Coleman years. Something like 110 steals. That crazy. I loved tommy herr too

Reactions: Gromcat
This is a good thing.

And when this happens no one is really going to care whether it's 13/14 games vs division opponents or 18/19 games.

I hear ya. I like the cards dude. I tell my son about the Vince Coleman years. Something like 110 steals. That crazy. I loved tommy herr too

Those were the days. I was really young but those were my first player memories.

Herr was solid. I’ve actually got a game used bat of his.

We threw the game. We don’t need it. Let them think what they want. Makes it that much sweeter when they run into the buzz saw.

Less division games is stupid. They might as well just drop the NL and AL tags. It's all one league now.
Interleague play has ran its course but they keep shoving it down our throats.
World Series and All Star game means way less than it once did.
I'll always watch the Reds but baseball no matter who you root for will never be popular again
I don’t watch baseball so forgive me, but why does a team need to play the same team 19 times?

You could tell with those pitching moves we decided to come in in and smack the Braves around. Gonna sweep Cinci next. Last year for the boys. 12th World Series title around the corner.

• Haha
You could tell with those pitching moves we decided to come in in and smack the Braves around. Gonna sweep Cinci next. Last year for the boys. 12th World Series title around the corner.
Smack them around? LOL. You were lucky as hell to win. The Braves (actually Kinley) gave it away.

Your ace gave up 5 runs in 5 innings and exited the game behind our fifth best starter.

Your ace gave up 5 runs in 5 innings and exited the game behind our fifth best starter.

He’s resting. Entire team was put on ice. We’re not concerned with the Braves. Never really a need to ( yes last year the sun and the dogs ass) but we need to sweep the cupcakes.

I’m in cinci right now waiting on the game. Home plate seats. Friend of mine is a great guy to let us drive up and have them. But the Reds are gonna be abused.

we’ve got those vets that you’re scared to throw to. That’s what happened tonight.

• Haha
He’s resting. Entire team was put on ice. We’re not concerned with the Braves. Never really a need to ( yes last year the sun and the dogs ass) but we need to sweep the cupcakes.

I’m in cinci right now waiting on the game. Home plate seats. Friend of mine if a great guy to let us drive up and have them. But the Reds are gonna be abused.

we’ve got those vets that you’re scared to throw to. That’s what happened tonight.
I would hope so. The Reds are terrible.

I’m used to excuses and hearing losing. We hear it from the cubs on a regular basis. The Braves lol.

Acuna (one of the top players in the league) didn’t play tonight. We will be getting Ozzie Albies back very soon and probably Mike Soroka as well. If we’re at full strength in October, watch out!

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
You mean like that pitiful excuse you gave after that ass beating last night? LOL.

It’s one game. How many World Series does Atlanta have again? How many pennants?

I’m all clogged up I can’t even remember cuz we have so many. Arguing a Brave is like Kentucky arguing Florida basketball fans.

Bro I’m constipated I’m so backed up. I’ll give you a few pennants just to get some breathing room.

It’s one game. How many World Series does Atlanta have again? How many pennants?

I’m all clogged up I can’t even remember cuz we have so many. Arguing a Brave is like Kentucky arguing Florida basketball fans.

Bro I’m constipated I’m so backed up. I’ll give you a few pennants just to get some breathing room.
No doubt St. Louis has the better history. Neither I nor anyone else said otherwise. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the present. The Braves have won something like 19 of the last 26 or so against the Cards. They’re better than St. Louis right now and that’s all I care about at the moment.

You forgot within an hour how many WS St Louis has? May wanna get that memory checked. Probably all those veggie burgers

You forgot within an hour how many WS St Louis has? May wanna get that memory checked. Probably all those veggie burgers

What I forget? We got 11 and 12 on the way. Aside from the baseball prostitutes in New York that’s the most of anyone. Feels good.

No doubt St. Louis has the better history. Neither I nor anyone else said otherwise. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the present. The Braves have won something like 19 of the last 26 or so against the Cards. They’re better than St. Louis right now and that’s all I care about at the moment.

I can’t hear with all these rings jingling around in my pocket. Gotta be louder thunder.

Padres got their ass busted by the Royals 15-7. Both Josh Hader & Sean Manaea gave up 6 earned runs a piece. Basically mortgaged their future for a short window. If Soto doesn't re-sign after 2024 it's going to be all for nothing!!

Padres got their ass busted by the Royals 15-7. Both Josh Hader & Sean Manaea gave up 6 earned runs a piece. Basically mortgaged their future for a short window. If Soto doesn't re-sign after 2024 it's going to be all for nothing!!

Yeah it hasn't really worked out thus far for the Padres between Hader not being effective and Tatis being suspended.

Milwaukee likely made the right call moving Hader at the deadline. Even if he wasn't having a down year this season, he would have been out of their price range. Devin Williams makes this trade easier for them to absorb. The Brewers need some offense to go along with their pitching staff if they want to make a legit postseason run in the future.

Good, I'm getting tired of seeing the Reds lose to the same teams game after game.
Definitely looking forward to seeing more teams from the AL come to GABP. It was fun when MLB added interleague play back in 1997. It doesn't make sense to go years between games against teams in the same sport.

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT