ADVERTISEMENT

OT All 30 MLB teams to play each other in 2023

Less division games is stupid. They might as well just drop the NL and AL tags. It's all one league now.
Interleague play has ran its course but they keep shoving it down our throats.
World Series and All Star game means way less than it once did.
I'll always watch the Reds but baseball no matter who you root for will never be popular again

Hell I'm a sports fan and watch everything, thought they already did play each other. They had me fooled I guess.

Less division games is stupid. They might as well just drop the NL and AL tags. It's all one league now.
I'll always watch the Reds but baseball no matter who you root for will never be popular again
Yeah it’s like East/West now in the NBA.. this was always going to happen, that’s why the NL got the DH, they wanted to blur the lines. It’s whatever to me. I ain’t mad

I don’t have a problem with it. It gets a bit old see the Reds play the Brewers 19 times so a freshen up is fine
Yes indeed, division play gets monotonous. I can always get up for the Cubs & Cardinals, Milwaukee & Pittsburgh gets boring though the Reds sure could use a series win once in awhile with the Pirates.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
So the Reds, for example, trade more games against regional rivals like the Cardinals and Cubs for games against the Rays and Diamondbacks. What a great idea. Why did it take so long to come up with this?

As for seeing more desirable teams like the Yankees and Red Sox, I was fine with that happening every few years instead of every year. Made it more special.
Dbacks are NL, the number of games played against them stays the same at 6 or 7.

This will include 13 games (across four total series) against each division opponent, decreased from 19 (across six series). That’s seven home games and six away games (or vice versa) against each opponent for a total of 26 home games and 26 away games.

How many games will each team play against non-division league opponents?

Each team will play 64 intraleague games (32 home games and 32 away games), decreased from 66.

Teams will play six games against six league opponents and seven games against four other league opponents. This is the reverse of the previous format, in which teams played six games against four league opponents and seven against six league opponents.

How many Interleague games will each team play?

This is the biggest change, with 46 total Interleague games for each team (AL vs. NL and vice versa), an increase from 20.

Teams will play a home-and-home series (four games total) against their natural Interleague rivals (Yankees vs. Mets, Dodgers vs. Angels, Cubs vs. White Sox, etc.) and another 42 games against other Interleague opponents, including seven series (21 games) at home and seven series (21 games) on the road.

I think I copied and pasted all relevant info

I'd be interested in the divisions being mixed up too. I enjoyed some of the Reds rivalries back in the day with the Braves, Dodgers & Giants though geographically it did not make much sense to be in the NL West with Atlanta, San Francisco & LA. It was fun though. Milwaukee can go back to the AL for all I care. I liked playing Houston more in the NL Central awhile back.

Last edited:
Reactions: natchezrule
I'd be interested in the divisions being mixed up too. I enjoyed some of the Reds rivalries back in the day with the Braves, Dodgers & Giants though geographically it did not make much sense to be in the NL West with Atlanta, San Francisco & LA. It was fun though. Milwaukee can go back to the AL for all I care. I liked playing Houston more in the NL Central awhile back.
Know the reason Cincinnati and Atlanta were in the west? Bescause the Cardinals and Cubs cried and moaned. They got to play the Phillies and Mets while the Reds were in the bloodbath west. Reds still have the 3rd most NL west division titles to this day

the entire concept is terrible and further separates real baseball from whatever it is we’re calling this mess. Baseball needs to remain traditional and be the antithesis of the NBA, not a part of what they do. Just awful what’s being done to the game.

• Wow
Reactions: bigc45157
Dodgers are the class of the NL. Braves #2. Cardinals don’t have the pitching to stack up. And the Mets luck of infield grounders finding a hole will end when postseason play starts

hoping Ceattle can do some damage

Dodgers are the class of the NL. Braves #2. Cardinals don’t have the pitching to stack up. And the Mets luck of infield grounders finding a hole will end when postseason play starts

The Dodgers have injury issues with their starting pitching. I’m hoping for a repeat from my Braves, but repeats are so rare. They definitely have the talent to do it.

Reactions: ORCAT
The Dodgers have injury issues with their starting pitching. I’m hoping for a repeat from my Braves, but repeats are so rare. They definitely have the talent to do it.
Locking guys up long term at the rate they’ve been doing is a strategy not used by many teams. I like it, got that core locked up for a while and they’ll continue to add. Very well run organization

surprised Ian Anderson has regressed. I’m no fan of Atlanta. I just hate the city so much I couldn’t cheer for any of their teams

Tbf it hasn’t been as popular for a long time. And the reason is just like the NBA: talent imbalance. When you have one or two teams just crushing everyone else, it kinda takes the fun out of it. Now there’s a lot of reasons for said talent imbalance but most of it is money. Sister teams are killing sports in general. At least for fans of other teams.

Yes there will always be the die hates that will always root for their chosen team, but that just doesn’t pay the bills. For a team to make money it has to win, at least a little.

Luckily it’s not as bad in baseball but it’s still there.

LA will be fine. Still hold a lead of 19.5 games ahead of 2nd place San Diego. Just got Dustin May back. Walker Buehler stings to lose but he's having his worst season yet in MLB. The entire rotation with an ERA below 3.00. Rest Kershaw down the stretch for October, Gonsolin, Urias, May and Tyler Anderson with 13 wins. Not to mention their weapons offense.

Last edited:
LA will be fine. Still hold a lead of 19.5 games ahead of 2nd place San Diego. Just got Dustin May back. Walker Buehler stings to lose but he's having his worst season yet in MLB. The entire rotation with an ERA below 3.00. Rest Kershaw down the stretch for October, Gonsolin, Urias, May and Tyler Anderson with 13 wins. Not to mention their weapons offense.
Well yeah, they’re going to easily win their division but the playoffs are a different matter. I think the Braves and the Mets would give them problems.

Well yeah, they’re going to easily win their division but the playoffs are a different matter. I think the Braves and the Mets would give them problems.
Well, I think the Dodgers are going to be a problem for the Braves, Padres, Phillies, Cardinals and the rest of the teams in the NL Pennant chase. Mets lol they'll be lucky if Scherzer doesn't have a dead arm again in the postseason which LA was smart not to offer him the contract New York did.

A "different matter"? The playoffs are the same for everyone, to be the best, have to beat the best to win it all. LA is the best team in MLB and the only 80-win team in the NL even with the injuries. Kershaw back soon. Lowest bullpen ERA in MLB, 3rd highest batting average as a team in MLB. You basically said it, LA is going to win their division easily. Must be some merit behind them as to why they hold a near 20-game lead and they should be worried about everyone else and the wheels are supposed to all fall off in October? LOL

Last edited:

You must have missed Montgomery. You’re in a for a rude awakening if you think the Braves stack
Up to our team.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
The Braves are the bear and the bear will maul you.

The Braves are the bear of choking I’ll give ya that. I’ll never forget those HOF arms in the 90’s barely squeezing out a single ring lol. And they almost lost that one too.

That current ring was total luck. Braves won’t win another for at least 30-40 years.

I’m expecting our 12th World Series ring this season. Most of the NL, most outside the team that paid for theirs. There’s the cardinals then there’s everyone else.

I’ll let John Smoltz finish this post up.

“I played a lot of baseball and I loved most of my
Teams, but I have to say there’s a special quality to playing in St. Louis that i hadn’t experienced before “

Many players feel this way. Just look at what it’s done for Albert getting back. look at what Montgomery is doing. He’s attributing it to playing in STL.

Jealousy will get your teams nowhere. Drew that goes for you too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
Not much interest in MLB any more since players swap teams so often. Prima Donna's like most professional sports. More me than team. Celebrate every little play like it was most important ever.

• Wow
Reactions: bigc45157
Not much interest in MLB any more since players swap teams so often. Prima Donna's like most professional sports. More me than team. Celebrate every little play like it was most important ever.
Nyjer Morgan left a long time ago and Joey Bats/Bryce Harper aren't flipping bats anymore. You should give it another shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
St. Louis is like the Great Value version of the Yankees. That's why they always have to let you know how good they are instead of letting the results speak for themselves. Like Kansas fans of the NCAA, won a couple titles this century and beat up on their soft division/conference.

St. Louis is like the Great Value version of the Yankees. That's why they always have to let you know how good they are instead of letting the results speak for themselves. Like Kansas fans of the NCAA, won a couple titles this century and beat up on their soft division/conference.

Kansas has won 11 World Series rings? Great analogy there buddy. In case you didn’t know World Series are extremely hard to win. And we’ve done it better start to finish than anyone who wasn’t just buying up talent.

And of course the division has suffered. Lol. They’ve had to play the cardinals for decades.

I’d ask your team but I’m almost certain it’s the Reds. Which means debating you really isn’t fair and I want you to have a decent day so, later bro.

Kansas has won 11 World Series rings? Great analogy there buddy. In case you didn’t know World Series are extremely hard to win. And we’ve done it better start to finish than anyone who wasn’t just buying up talent.

And of course the division has suffered. Lol. They’ve had to play the cardinals for decades.

I’d ask your team but I’m almost certain it’s the Reds. Which means debating you really isn’t fair and I want you to have a decent day so, later bro.
I think I hit a nerve

Lifelong Yankees fan via Watertown, NY
giphy.gif

The Braves are the bear of choking I’ll give ya that. I’ll never forget those HOF arms in the 90’s barely squeezing out a single ring lol. And they almost lost that one too.

That current ring was total luck. Braves won’t win another for at least 30-40 years.

I’m expecting our 12th World Series ring this season. Most of the NL, most outside the team that paid for theirs. There’s the cardinals then there’s everyone else.

I’ll let John Smoltz finish this post up.

“I played a lot of baseball and I loved most of my
Teams, but I have to say there’s a special quality to playing in St. Louis that i hadn’t experienced before “

Many players feel this way. Just look at what it’s done for Albert getting back. look at what Montgomery is doing. He’s attributing it to playing in STL.

Jealousy will get your teams nowhere. Drew that goes for you too.
That’s funny because I compare the 90s braves to Cal

• Love
Reactions: Gromcat
ADVERTISEMENT