ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 5-star recruit TJ Leaf decommits from Arizona

Cal has already called, according to his AAU coach. I doubt we get him, but you never know with our coach.

Reactions: ukbengals5787
He could be the PF that were missing for 2016.

What's the word on him? Is he leaning any certain way?

Tea leaves suggest staying in conference.

He doesn't look that good to me. I'd take him but he doesn't strike me as top 10 good even in a class void of bigs.

Reactions: BigKari
Which if true will raise the question, again, about what exactly goes on with guys who play on Adidas sponsored AAU teams?

Nike AAU players might tend to look at Nike schools, but there are plenty of examples of guys who played on Nike AAU teams that ended up at colleges sponsored by Adidas. There seem to be stunningly few cases of the reverse happening. When things gets to be that blatant, people tend to start noticing.

Which if true will raise the question, again, about what exactly goes on with guys who play on Adidas sponsored AAU teams?

Nike AAU players might tend to look at Nike schools, but there are plenty of examples of guys who played on Nike AAU teams that ended up at colleges sponsored by Adidas. There seem to be stunningly few cases of the reverse happening. When things gets to be that blatant, people tend to start noticing.

Bingo.

I've posted similar comments on here before. Jerry Meyer said the other day that shoe companies are controlling recruiting more than ever before, and it's obvious to me that Adidas is the biggest perpetrator.

When I find out UK is recruiting a stud Adidas recruit, and people on here hang on his every move, I just smile and shake my head.

The future of Adidas is a bit uncertain now as their German owners are looking to sell them?

ADVERTISEMENT