ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar

Good luck to the kid. Seems like a nice kid. It's a shame those around him aren't smart enough to realize that UK is the obviously better, smarter choice, but after 4 years he may have a shot at the league. Definitely hurt his chances with this decision though.

I don’t get why Cal even waisted a minute on Lewis and Tshiebwe. It was very obvious from the get go that the people around them were pushing the schools they ultimately decided to pick. Hell even the host parents for Oscar were huge West Virginia fans. Same with Lewis and his best friends family being Florida fans. Either Cal knows he’ll land some of the targets left or he needs to recruit some lower tier, diamonds in the rough. As of now none of the experts are picking UK for any of the targets left. I guess the insiders are right. They say Kentucky will go the grad transfer route again which is fine by me, especially if they’re as good as Travis.

Eh whatever . I never fret too much when we lose a kid to the WVU's of the world as it is obvious they don't want to play on the big stage and win at an elite level and as Cal says UK ain't for everybody. Best of luck to the kid though .

False, Huggins is very good at building relationships with his guys. I doubt the kids decision had anything to do with the "stage" and more to do with the relationship Huggins built as he recruited him for quite a while.

Rupp said if they aren’t smart enough to come here we don’t want em. Or something like that. Many experts think Cal could land Wiseman and Carey. It’s not all Gloom and doom. Some may be waiting to see who we sign. Who leaves. Would Oscar have scared anyone off

Haha wvu fan acting like they didn’t get beat at home last year by a freshman Kentucky team with cal beating “huggs”. Or us beating them like a drum in ‘15 or us beating them with knight on the way to a ff. In fact the only win they had was when we couldn’t hit a shot and they shot their wad before losing to duke

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Tshiebwe at the end of his Senior year trying to get noticed by nba scouts:

logo.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: awf
Huggins had a lot of talent at uc yet routinely lost in the first weekend year after year.

A. Wiseman
B. Carey
C. Stewart
D. Tschiebwe
E. Igehon

Options A through C are still on the table, and that's what matters here.

Even if we keep missing, it's hard for me to get too upset with what Cal has assembled on this current team.

Hope he likes the wvu campus. He’ll spend several anonymous years there.

Last edited:
Eh whatever . I never fret too much when we lose a kid to the WVU's of the world as it is obvious they don't want to play on the big stage and win at an elite level and as Cal says UK ain't for everybody. Best of luck to the kid though .
Thankful my daughter attends UK and loves it here but I pray she never turns into an arrogant UK basketball fan. So far, she's been level headed

THE SKY IS FALLING............THE SKY IS FALLING.......THE SKY IS FALLING! This has happened every year that Cal has been at UK..........

Reactions: TM2013
Thankful my daughter attends UK and loves it here but I pray she never turns into an arrogant UK basketball fan. So far, she's been level headed

Your first post reads like you and your daughter aren’t from “here.” I appreciate her level headedness and your parenting job but don’t get “arrogance” confused with confidence in Cal. That, and love for the program that comes with time, elation and heartbreak, not a recent change in mailing address.

Reactions: awf
I like kids in this mold of high energy and country strong. Sucks we didn't get him.

UK needs to find host parents for some of these foreign exchange students since it's working so well for these other schools. It's legal so utilize it.

UK needs to find host parents for some of these foreign exchange students since it's working so well for these other schools. It's legal so utilize it.
Huggins was the first to offer the kid, so let's just say it was the host parents to make yourself feel better

Reactions: jace2012
Cal never tips his hat in recruiting so we never really know where we stand. Sorry we missed on Oscar. Was surprised we were ever in with Stewart in the first place. Never thought we would land Carey and still don't. Wiseman is 50/50. I wouldn't mind a foreign big or a grad transfer who loved to rebound and set screens for the athletic guys we have coming next year.

ADVERTISEMENT