ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar informing coaches of decision today, Public announcement Sat.

I felt great about Maxey, Allen and Whitney.... felt great about Oscar for a long time up until the UK visit when something happened that must of soured things.

What big man are people supposed to be confident in getting?

I'm not sure we are, but I can guarantee you most of us realize the situation. The coaching staff certainly does. .

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
90% of our fanbase was happy when Sheray Thomas committed.... being happy with a recruit doesnt guarantee us results on the court.

There's no way this is true. The fan base was split on Tubby's recruiting, and most were losing confidence in him in droves. 3 out of Tubby's last 4 classes were precisely the main reason many of us wanted him gone. We had a very clear understanding that Thomas and those other guys Tubby was bringing in were not sufficient enough.

There's no way this is true. The fan base was split on Tubby's recruiting, and most were losing confidence in him in droves. 3 out of Tubby's last 4 classes were precisely the main reason many of us wanted him gone. We had a very clear understanding that Thomas and those other guys Tubby was bringing in were not sufficient enough.

I was around back then under Electro_Blue .... people were happy... he was a top 50 recruit ....

Haters
Or
Mods didn’t like I posted stuff for free when they have a subscription people buy for info no where near as good as mine

One of the two. Probably combination of both I assume. People call me all sorts of nasty stuff in the past and nothing happened. People hate for whatever reason. If I get banned again I’m not doing it again.

I’m not coachx I don’t make up things I hear. I’ve been pretty clear I’m Not an insider by any sense of the term but have really good people I know who hear this kind of stuff. What’s relevant I share. Most I don’t share. If it’s something good or bad about UK and they say they don’t care if I post I share

I have much better material I don’t share
If you had better material, you would share it to gain some respect and faith in your words. CoachX is insightful and articulate with his word choice. I don't see that so much from you. And calling Frank a troll is hilarious. He's a legit mainstay on this board. You? Meh.

If you had better material, you would share it to gain some respect and faith in your words. CoachX is insightful and articulate with his word choice. I don't see that so much from you. And calling Frank a troll is hilarious. He's a legit mainstay on this board. You? Meh.

You da man berg!

Reactions: MbergCat
Electro Blue was a feared poster way back then and all of a sudden lost his pop. We checked around for him and heard he was dead.

If I didnt mention who I was back then... someone would look at my account and see this username started in 2012 and then try to say I wasnt around back then. just trying to nip that before it started lol

Reactions: Kybluedude
I was around back then under Electro_Blue .... people were happy... he was a top 50 recruit ....

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2003

or 112th.

I remember distinctly not being excited about Thomas as he was a part of that Bobby Perry, Shagari, Orbrzut class, a class which had no shot at replacing Hawkins, Fitch, Daniels, and Barbour. It was easily Tubby's 2nd worst recruiting class (to the Carter/Williams one) even with Sparks imo.

Our starting five before Tubby landed Rondo/Crawford/Bradley/Morris the next year would've been Sparks, Azubuike, Perry, Hayes, and Thomas (?) That group would've missed the tournament.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2003

or 112th.

I remember distinctly not being excited about Thomas as he was a part of that Bobby Perry, Shagari, Orbrzut class, a class which had no shot at replacing Hawkins, Fitch, Daniels, and Barbour. It was easily Tubby's 2nd worst recruiting class (to the Carter/Williams one) even with Sparks imo.

Our starting five before Tubby landed Rondo/Crawford/Bradley/Morris the next year would've been Sparks, Azubuike, Perry, Hayes, and Thomas (?) That group would've missed the tournament.
They seemed like great kids but lack the talent to make it to a final four.

Sheray showed a lot of promise before his health issues. Never the same after that.

Tubby's recruiting was cyclical. Never consistent. When he left he was on the uptick with Draymond Green and PPat and Meeks. Think Jorts maybe Liggins as well altho not totally sure about those. But that team would have made some noise.

Sheray showed a lot of promise before his health issues. Never the same after that.

Tubby's recruiting was cyclical. Never consistent. When he left he was on the uptick with Draymond Green and PPat and Meeks. Think Jorts maybe Liggins as well altho not totally sure about those. But that team would have made some noise.

Gillispie landed Patterson, Liggins, and Jorts, albeit Tubby set the table for Patterson.

Draymond wasn't a top 25 kid. He developed in ways no one saw coming.

Tubby's recruiting was in a downward spiral when he left UK.

when-you-leave-her-house-and-all-she-did-was-12657451.png

Gillispie landed Patterson, Liggins, and Jorts, albeit Tubby set the table for Patterson.

Jorts was JUCO, right? I don't consider that a recruiting win.

He basically only landed Liggins by himself.

Just go back and look at the forum vibe during Dakota Euton and Hunter McLintock (spelling?)...this board was foaming at the mouth for those scrubs...

Gillespie also landed Miller. A lot of those wins would’ve never happened without those 4 recruits billy landed. That’s the only positive you can say about his time at Kentucky.

Wasn’t Draymond around 75ish, I haven’t looked it up but I thought it was around there.

This is so confusing.
I thought he IS coach??

One of my best friends always contended that Sheray must have had a naked picture of Donna Smith that he blackmailed Tubby with as the only explanation for Tubby playing him adamently.

OT, I’ll never forget the night I was done with Tubby. We lost @LSU but had a chance to win at the end. We had a lineup of Sparks, Rondo, Crawford, Thomas, and Morris I believe on the floor and somehow we throw the ball to Sheray-Freaking Thomas on the block to win the game. It was so absurd that I thought ‘oh that was a busted play.’ Then, on the post game Tubby says “well we drew that play up for Chuck last year so we went to the same play with Sheray.” 3 Mcds AAs and Sparks and he draws it up for SHERAY?!?! I was done at that moment. Lol

One of my best friends always contended that Sheray must have had a naked picture of Donna Smith that he blackmailed Tubby with as the only explanation for Tubby playing him adamently.

OT, I’ll never forget the night I was done with Tubby. We lost @LSU but had a chance to win at the end. We had a lineup of Sparks, Rondo, Crawford, Thomas, and Morris I believe on the floor and somehow we throw the ball to Sheray-Freaking Thomas on the block to win the game. It was so absurd that I thought ‘oh that was a busted play.’ Then, on the post game Tubby says “well we drew that play up for Chuck last year so we went to the same play with Sheray.” 3 Mcds AAs and Sparks and he draws it up for SHERAY?!?! I was done at that moment. Lol

Tubby was would say, “looking back, I don’t think that was the best option for that lineup as Sheray was not Chuck Hayes.”

Haters
Or
Mods didn’t like I posted stuff for free when they have a subscription people buy for info no where near as good as mine

One of the two. Probably combination of both I assume. People call me all sorts of nasty stuff in the past and nothing happened. People hate for whatever reason. If I get banned again I’m not doing it again.

I’m not coachx I don’t make up things I hear. I’ve been pretty clear I’m Not an insider by any sense of the term but have really good people I know who hear this kind of stuff. What’s relevant I share. Most I don’t share. If it’s something good or bad about UK and they say they don’t care if I post I share

First off, you got a like from Zay, so that's not a good look.

I've been reading your posts and I seem to just get frustrated. I'm not bashing by any means, I'm just being honest. It feels like you try too hard to prove you "know" people. You claim not to be an insider but you claim to "hear things" from people in the know. So, what's the difference between the two?

I appreciate anyone who posts what they hear, no matter what it is. I'll always appreciate it. I think I'm intelligent enough to decide for myself what to believe and not to believe. You just get so defensive when someone tries to call you out and then it's like you try to hold info hostage by saying...."well, I only post a small but of what I know". When you do that, it just makes it feel a bit pretentious to me and it seems like others feel the same way about your post.

So, my point is, dont give in to anyone's bait around here. If you hear something and want to post it, then post it. There are many people on here that appreciate it all. Who cares what a few people say or how a few people react. Don't try to validate what you post by trying to prove your credibility. It just digs a deeper whole and you dont need to prove anything. They can take it or leave it but there are lots people on here that really do appreciate any kind of info. It's up to the individual to decipher what they want to believe/disbelieve for themselves. Well, that's just my 2 cents anyway and like always, I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:
His "handlers" are pushing him toward WVU, I'm sure they will get their way.
I hate handlers. They stick their noses where they don't belong by encouraging these you men to make decisions that only benefit the handlers themselves, not the actual player.

Reactions: westerncat
A drizzle is available....:rolleyes:

He may not be able to make it rain.....(someone else mentioned it.)

The kid was never gonna be able to go anywhere but WVU with the strings the family he was living with were pulling. When someone takes care of you for that long and requests you go to their favorite school... the guilt trip makes it hard, next to impossible to say no to.

The kid was never gonna be able to go anywhere but WVU with the strings the family he was living with were pulling. When someone takes care of you for that long and requests you go to their favorite school... the guilt trip makes it hard, next to impossible to say no to.

None of that is accurate

None

Of course it is. It was set in stone the day Oscar moved in with West Virginia fans. They built a relationship so strong that he would’ve felt guilty for choosing another school.

The fact you’re calling his host family “WVU fans” lets me know you’re full of shit and know nothing about the recruitment

Oscar tried to commit to WVU in 10th grade before he ever moved into his host family’s home, lol

His AAU handlers at the time convinced him not to

The fact you’re calling his host family “WVU fans” lets me know you’re full of shit and know nothing about the recruitment

Oscar tried to commit to WVU in 10th grade before he ever moved into his host family’s home, lol

His AAU handlers at the time convinced him not to
It’s the same host family that had Konate. Come on don’t be a homer. Good recruiting strategy getting on him really early.

It’s the same host family that had Konate. Come on don’t be a homer. Good recruiting strategy getting on him really early.

Yes because OSCAR requested that he be placed there

He’s with that family because of his preexisting relationship with Sags Konate, not the other way around. Oscar’s coaches at Mountain Mission changed and he wanted a new school so he asked to end up where he did

Huggs offered Oscar as an unheralded 9th grader and started bringing him to campus as much as possible.

Anything else is just sour grapes

ADVERTISEMENT