ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar and the roster. …..

bigbluedon

All-SEC
Oct 17, 2012
God forbid but what happens if Oscar gets hurt and is out for the year or a very long time. Are U all comfortable with Toppin Collins and Ware as our front line? I’m not and I hope Kingsley commits and comes in to play in the fall. We need a viable post presence after Oscar. We have proven to be an injury prone team the last few years.

Yeah I'm not going to get too caught up in "what happens if Oscar gets hurt?!" stuff. What happened in 2012 if Anthony Davis got hurt? Any team is going to be affected greatly if the best player got hurt. You can't get too wrapped around the axle worrying about that, imo

Yeah I'm not going to get too caught up in "what happens if Oscar gets hurt?!" stuff. What happened in 2012 if Anthony Davis got hurt? Any team is going to be affected greatly if the best player got hurt. You can't get too wrapped around the axle worrying about that, imo
I think with having 3 open scholarships that someone is going to reclass this year. I hope it’s Dillingham. Having that kid for two seasons would be excellent.

Oscar won’t get injured, it’s not in his DNA. But if he somehow did, the season would pretty much be over, and we would just have to accept it and wait for another season.

But he won’t 😁

Reactions: dl51344 and ORCAT
Can’t sweat injuries. A star goes down, there’s no replacing them.

If Tshiebwe gets hurt, we aren’t making a Final Four or winning a title.

But I would like to add Kingsley Onyenso. Just for a little more depth.

Last edited:
Man, that’s like saying “What if Kobe went down for the Lakers?” Or Jordan for the Bulls.

Or Brady for the Bucs.
Or Judge for the Yankees?

It would suck and there wouldn’t be anything you could do but go next man up and deal.

Some guys on your team are just irreplaceable, like Grady last year. No one could do exactly what he could. Same would go for Oscar.

Man, that’s like saying “What if Kobe went down for the Lakers?” Or Jordan for the Bulls.

Or Brady for the Bucs.

It would suck and there wouldn’t be anything you could do but go next man up and deal.

Some guys on your team are just irreplaceable, like Grady last year. No one could do exactly what he could. Same would go for Oscar.
Did you have to say that? LOL!

EXACTLY!!!

(97 was a very rare exception)
It came to my mind too. Luckily we had another All American in Mercer, a steady senior in Epps, and Wayne Turner ready to step up in a huge way after Anderson went down. Turner was huge in that tournament - just went back and looked at the box scores and he was playing >30 mpg and making huge contributions. Unreal the kind of depth we had those days.

It came to my mind too. Luckily we had another All American in Mercer, a steady senior in Epps, and Wayne Turner ready to step up in a huge way after Anderson went down. Turner was huge in that tournament - just went back and looked at the box scores and he was playing >30 mpg and making huge contributions. Unreal the kind of depth we had those days.
Unreal depth, but still fell short that year.

I'd be more concerned that we didn't add another shooter via the portal, there's injury prone Fredrick and that's about it. If Oscar has a bad injury it is what it is, nobody would expect a deep run after that.

Or Brady for the Bucs.

Good answer but we have no one now that can come close to filling the void. That is what I am getting at.

Good answer but we have no one now that can come close to filling the void. That is what I am getting at.

Without googling, you can’t name Brady’s back up. It’s Blaine Gabbert and he also can not come close to filling the void IF Brady went down.

Every team has those if’s and ours happens to be “IF” Oscar goes down.

You act like every other team has Shaq as a backup.. lol

Reactions: bbncal02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT