ADVERTISEMENT

Open competition will be a great thing next year

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Other than maybe Knox or if Diallo stays, this is the first time in Cal's era there are not many sure fire starting players. We have a lot of talent, but who knows what the lineup/rotation will be to start and end the year.

Richards might be the only true center we have, but we could go small with some of the forwards. Sacha is also an interesting option here.

At our 3/4 spots, there is a log jam. Washington, Vanderbilt, Wenyen, Jones, Knox can all play wing or power forward. Some can/will (as mentioned above) move up to the 5 if needed.

Green, Baker, and Alexander are unknown but talented options at our guard spots. Add in a Johnson or Diallo and the rotation will be tricky. Green seems to have the PG spot, but after watching Shai a few times I'm not gonna give him the spot(even though its Cal's spot to give lol). Knox can even move down to the 2 supposedly.

A very deep and talented roster, but very flexible as well. I think you can see some good competition in practices to fight for their roles. Its not like past years where you knew who was gonna play and who could step in just in case. Maybe it will be good to see a "best player, best lineup" will play after experimenting with different options.

True.Many solid players but I don't see any stars like last season.It should be an interesting year with more losses than usual under Cal but good by March.

ADVERTISEMENT