ADVERTISEMENT

Only title this team might win this year is an NIT.

This team wont win an NIT, they are a top 25-30 type team that will more than likely make the NCAA's and exit in the first or second round.Even if they do go to the NIT they wont win it.They arent winning ANY tournaments this year.Lord,take away Oscar and this team is terrible.

If we end up in the NIT I guarantee we won't win it. Cal is a terrible tourney coach.
Being in the NIT is like dating the ugly chick amongst a group of pretty girls. No one wants to do that or admit to it.

May make NCAA tournament. Will not accept invitation to the NIT. Our potential pros will not risk getting hurt.

They won win the NIT because they won’t be in the NIT. This team will make the tourney and depending on matchups can maybe make the second weekend

You guys are the most miserable bunch on earth.
The season could be just halfway over.
We have played 21 (14-7) and could play as many as 40.
Stay healthy, build momentum with the up coming games and beat UT again in Rupp.
Go into the SECT Catsville at say 22-9 and lets see what happens.
You guys give up waaaaay to easy.
Any Frenchman in this thread?

If we end up in the NIT I guarantee we won't win it. Cal is a terrible tourney coach.
Since Cal has been at UK he has the best tourney winning percentage by far. And he's beaten more higher seeds than any other coach too.

Cal is 31-9 in the NCAA for his UK tenure.

That 0-1 last year really hurt his percentage. But still 70%+

Last edited:
Reactions: Chitown Terry
Right now UK is about 34 on Kenpom. Looking at the last few years, nearly every team at that ranking level has made the tournament. Looking at the 5-game trend, I'd expect UK to end up w/in the top 30 on Kenpom by end of regular season, which almost guarantees a bid.

That’s not going to happen either! This team would lose the first game on purpose just to end the season. Plus Cal would know that and decline the invitation anyway.

No NCAA tourney, and Cal is probably toast! And spare us the “buyout” and the “incoming class” rhetoric. It’s white noise.

We'll go on the road and cows sphincter will swell up and we'll lose to a Bobby Morris 2.0

lj4Yds4.png

Leads to an interesting question. Would you rather have an NIT title than ______?
A) NCAA first round loss
B) NCAA 2nd round loss
C) sweet 16 loss
D) elite 8 loss

For me, definitely A. B, I'm not sure about. Definitely not C.

I wouldn't watch an NIT game, don't give a rats ass if they won it or not. It's inexcusable just to be talking about it.

Since Cal has been at UK he has the best tourney winning percentage by far. And he's beaten more higher seeds than any other coach too.

Cal is 31-9 in the NCAA for his UK tenure.

That 0-1 last year really hurt his percentage. But still 70%+
What's his record in the NIT? This team will give no effort in the NIT. Several probably won't play.

If this team ends up in the NIT, I will NOT be watching. Doing so would be like affirming that I am OK with it. Instead, I might just take Wilbon's advice and stand in front of Barnfart's house, flipping him two big birds.

ADVERTISEMENT