ADVERTISEMENT

One Time Transfer Rule: Final Passage on Thursday, April 15.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Spotted a reference to this elsewhere, and my twitter cut-and-paste failed. A female reporter named “Auerbach” tweeted it.

Apparently it is official with the end of the session this Thursday.

This should relieve any stress we might feel with Wan’ Dale and Levis and the other transfers coming in.

Spotted a reference to this elsewhere, and my twitter cut-and-paste failed. A female reporter named “Auerbach” tweeted it.

This should relieve any stress we might feel with Wan’ Dale and Levis and the other transfers coming in.
She is Red Auerbach's daughter.

Reactions: The-Hack

Things are back to normal a far as NCAA goes with visits, camps and coaches on the road. I think the immediate eligibility rule will not go as hoped. Teams may even stop recruiting HS kids for the most part and recruit the portal for the majority of their class.

Teams may even stop recruiting HS kids for the most part and recruit the portal for the majority of their class.

Yes. Those in need of a quick fix, and who are desperate. U of L brought in a lot Stats’ first year.

I can see filling gaps. Creating a cohesive team???

Somebody might, just as Snyder built K-State with Jucos, but like Snyder at K-State, it will be the exception and not the rule.

Yes. Those in need of a quick fix, and who are desperate. U of L brought in a lot Stats’ first year.

I can see filling gaps. Creating a cohesive team???

Somebody might, just as Snyder built K-State with Jucos, but like Snyder at K-State, it will be the exception and not the rule.

Hope you are right. I have just seen what it has done to HS ball in Georgia, both football and basketball. Only 2-3 teams have a realistic chance of a state championship, some years even less because those teams recruit the best players, Grayson recruited a QB from California last season, after he was declared ineligible at Valdosta.

I am just concerned that kids that end up being better than expected will want to abandon the team that gave them a chance for a team that will get them a NC before the hit the NFL.

Hope you are right. I have just seen what it has done to HS ball in Georgia, both football and basketball. Only 2-3 teams have a realistic chance of a state championship, some years even less because those teams recruit the best players, Grayson recruited a QB from California last season, after he was declared ineligible at Valdosta.

I am just concerned that kids that end up being better than expected will want to abandon the team that gave them a chance for a team that will get them a NC before the hit the NFL.
I think you are right, there will be some of that with guys that bloom late, they will try to go to a contender. I don't know if it will end up being wide spread but definitely will change things. I think the bigger impact will be with basketball, just because it's an easier transition from one team to the next.

ADVERTISEMENT