ADVERTISEMENT

OMG, hold the phone

davekersey

Junior
Oct 10, 2007
Naples, Florida
This weekend is HUGE. Word is: IF UK can pull this off, the sky isn't even the limit. And, Cunningham is keying on WHO can make him a number one draft choice in one year. AND, he wants to be a part of a dream class. GET THIS: Cal is going all in on Kuminga to make the dream class a reality for Cunningham. Kuminga is expected to reclassify, and UK is right up there among the potential leaders. Can you imagine? Cunningham AND Kuminga? WOW, it just might happen. Let us pray.

This weekend is HUGE. Word is: IF UK can pull this off, the sky isn't even the limit. And, Cunningham is keying on WHO can make him a number one draft choice in one year. AND, he wants to be a part of a dream class. GET THIS: Cal is going all in on Kuminga to make the dream class a reality for Cunningham. Kuminga is expected to reclassify, and UK is right up there among the potential leaders. Can you imagine? Cunningham AND Kuminga? WOW, it just might happen. Let us pray.
It all sounds great, but nothing really new here. It could be potentially astronomical if it all happens, but no guarantee.

Good stuff, Dave.

KB

I am trying not to get my hopes up. But that would be such an ideal tandem paired with who we have

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I’m not usually big on praying for my sports teams, but I’m on my knees as we speak. It’s for a dream class so no smart ass remarks.

tumblr_mk5n3hfrNe1qf0ux9o3_250.gifv

Cade, Clarke and Kuminga would rival what Shiteshefski just pulled off last year.

Sweet.Baby.Jesus.
I think it is a given our class is the best in the CBB history with Cade ( because that means Brown is probably coming too and with askew in the bag already) with or without Kuminga . He would basically make our class one that might never be reached again .

That being said I refuse to believe we get Cade AND Kuminga . Just seems impossible . Just 1 of them to go with Jackson and Askew and 1-2 more bigs.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
I typically enjoy reading your posts. This one actually has no new information. Of course, all of us hope UK signs every great high school player.

Barnes also relatively saying the samething. I like what i read on him. Simply wants to get better and be one n done. The school that can make that happen. Thats where he is going. My dream school is oregon, but at end of day i do what best for my career! Kentucky bound and soon! Gut feeling. Thoughts?

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Cunningham, Kuminga, Clarke, Askew, Boston, Ware, Fletcher, Brown(?) and Traynor (?)

Plus a returning Allen, possibly Brooks, and more?

Yeaaaaah, that infamous phrase we never wanna hear again might make a comeback. 4T&O

Why is this weekend so significant? Is the staff pushing for a commitment while Cade is here? Are we behind and looking to use it to catch up?

Reactions: Cats192
Barnes also relatively saying the samething. I like what i read on him. Simply wants to get better and be one n done. The school that can make that happen. Thats where he is going. My dream school is oregon, but at end of day i do what best for my career! Kentucky bound and soon! Gut feeling. Thoughts?
The way it seems to be working out our starting 5 course possibly be this next year.
Cunningham
Clarke
Boston
Kuminga
Brown...Like wtf is really going on??? With a possible bench that includes Askew, Ware, Jackson. Hell we don’t know if Juzang or Brooks will be bk with quickley and Allen.. that’s an insane amount of talent with a limitless amount of potential lineups.

When you say the weekend is huge--are we thinking we're going to get a commitment this weekend?

Good stuff, Dave.

KB

Good stuff ? Not bashing DK, but i read all of this yesterday from about 4 different sites / people. Now if DK says he heard something from a inner circle and has stuff to add to the all ready known info, it may be "good stuff", but all that info he posted is all ready out there. This is exactly why some of the posters on this board call him out. Now Dave did not come out and try to say it was HIS info, but he also did not come out and say he was just happy to read the same stuff we did. The "Hold The Phone" is a bit dramatic and leans on the side he has heard something more about it. If so, he probably needs to touch on it, or people will have their pitchforks sharpened up.

Good stuff ? Not bashing DK, but i read all of this yesterday from about 4 different sites / people. Now if DK says he heard something from a inner circle and has stuff to add to the all ready known info, it may be "good stuff", but all that info he posted is all ready out there. This is exactly why some of the posters on this board call him out. Now Dave did not come out and try to say it was HIS info, but he also did not come out and say he was just happy to read the same stuff we did. The "Hold The Phone" is a bit dramatic and leans on the side he has heard something more about it. If so, he probably needs to touch on it, or people will have their pitchforks sharpened up.
I’m an old pimp on this board. I decided to show him some love. He’s done quite well lately.

KB

I won’t allow myself to get too excited .

A couple of months ago folks had us getting Clarke, Green, and Christopher and it looks like we will end up with 1 out of the 3. A very good one out of the 3 I might add.

Yeah if it was up to the players I think Cal would have had several classes where great players would have loved to play with other great players but as long as there are handlers and those who think they know better then the player himself, it probably won't happen much. But then there is the Cal effect. :)

I typically enjoy reading your posts. This one actually has no new information. Of course, all of us hope UK signs every great high school player.
Is Dave not allowed to post things other than things he is hearing or providing behind the scenes info? I think Dave has been around long enough to just post general statements or thoughts without getting grief from others.

We’re not going to have a team with BJ Boston, Cade Cunningham, Terrence Clarke, Johnathan Kuminga, and Devin Askew on it.

None of those guys are coming off the bench and as good as they all are individually it would be idiotic to have them all on the floor together with nobody standing over 6’7.

Cal is working very hard right now but there seems to be a ton of false hope being shoved in everyone’s faces the past couple days.

Sometimes we have to remember that guys like Dave aren't getting paid to tell us what they hear or know. Plus unlike you I hadn't heard it before so it was news to me. I'm sure the guys who stay on here and around probably hear more but remember its not a bad thing to have more info.

We’re not going to have a team with BJ Boston, Cade Cunningham, Terrence Clarke, Johnathan Kuminga, and Devin Askew on it.

None of those guys are coming off the bench and as good as they all are individually it would be idiotic to have them all on the floor together with nobody standing over 6’7.

Cal is working very hard right now but there seems to be a ton of false hope being shoved in everyone’s faces the past couple days.

I think the false hope comes mainly from the fans after they hear ANYTHING positive about a recruit. Like wow, Todd likes the color BLUE, he's coming to Kentucky. :)

Get Kuminga and Cunningham and a few of Cal's bucket list dreams quickly come into view:

- 7 players in a draft
- 40-0 (although I think this is the least likely of the list for all the obvious reasons)
- All-freshmen starting five wins the title
- UK features the 1-2-3 picks

I think UK reasonably could end up with half of those goals being reached (not all of them), and I'm by no means expecting anyone outside of Askew/Jackson at this point, but if it somehow came together, Cal's winning his second title with the greatest collection of OAD talent ever assembled.

I believed that his first 5-6 years. I'd love nothing more than to see him stick it to the rest of the collegiate world.

You got to remember in that period it was being said by many HCs and the Media that it would never work and it was a bad plan to recruit one and dones. But then K came up with a new plan (but the same plan) of recruiting one and dones and it was a masterpiece plan according to the Media. So recruiting became way more competitive after the early years with the other elite programs doing it.

It's a wonder anybody that hears anything ever posts it on here for us to read, only to get blasted by some other "fan". I mean I love when people pass along what they've heard, because this is where I get most of my info regarding the Cats.

DK, et al, keep posting what you hear and know that most of us enjoy it and appreciate it. Carry on and GO 'CATS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT