ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha coverage of Higgins-UK

3 News Now spoke with Omaha’s other famous referee, the NFL’s Clete Blakeman, and he tells us Higgins is at the top of his game. [laughing]

John Higgins is about John Higgins. Has to be part of the show. Best officials are the ones you don't notice. He's one you frequently notice.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Not the first time this has happened folks - he's hated by other fan bases for similar screw jobs.

Sports Illustrated Article

That was written over a year ago. I hope they do an update. I'd think that to a ref, being known for being at the center of a lot of controversy is exactly NOT what they want. He is clearly trying to make games about himself. Now a very high profile crime committed against BBN and our blowtorch of attention. Not a good thing for his reffing career IMO.

Not the first time this has happened folks - he's hated by other fan bases for similar screw jobs.

Sports Illustrated Article
The slurpfest by some of the folks quoted in the article is nauseating. [sick]

Obviously the NCAA thought so highly of his work against UK that he gets to work the FF this weekend. Those who think he's going to get fired over his bias against UK will be severely disappointed. I just hope at the least he never works a UK game again.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
After reading that........maybe the dude is just burnt out.

He's reffed 99 games this season. That's the most of any ref. The guy that is 2nd (Keith Kimble) also did the UNC/UK game and he's reffed in 98 games.

No one wants to talk about a man of that age frosting his hair and tanning, mother of all red flags, IMO.

3 news now ...

They believe he failed to make a violation call or foul call that helped North Carolina knock off the Wildcats in a thriller.

Yeah, just a singular call. This person doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together.
Belief? Lol. This isn't belief or conjecture. It is a fact how he personally affected the the outcome of the game. It's a fact what UK's record is in games he was a ref. The video evidence speaks for itself. Not opinion. Not conjecture. Videotape doesn't lie.

Reactions: jarms24
So, let's give him the Final Four?

Yeah doesn't seem to make sense.

Why not cap how many games refs can officiate in a given season.

There are some seasons this guy does 80-90 games. Other seasons this guy does 30-60 games. I'm willing to bet he's better in those latter seasons than he is in the seasons he's doing 80+ games.

I have a second job. A work from home job. I'm limited to 40 hours a week but I can do them any time I want. I could spread it out and do 8 hours 5 days or I could work 24 hours in a given day if I wanted to. We get rated on at the end of every month. If I worked the 24 hour day, there's no doubt it would affect my ability to do my job.

This follows the same logic. Look at this guys schedule.

http://natstat.com/mbb/officials/john-higgins

That's insanity to me.

There are some seasons this guy does 80-90 games. Other seasons this guy does 30-60 games. I'm willing to bet he's better in those latter seasons than he is in the seasons he's doing 80+ games.

I have a second job. A work from home job. I'm limited to 40 hours a week but I can do them any time I want. I could spread it out and do 8 hours 5 days or I could work 24 hours in a given day if I wanted to. We get rated on at the end of every month. If I worked the 24 hour day, there's no doubt it would affect my ability to do my job.

That's insanity to me.

A few years ago, when the guy was running the Tony Green onthetake site, he'd point out that you'd see Tony calling as many as 3 games in the same weekend.

That's insanity to me.
I am sure he has a cozy relationship with the coordinator that does the assignments. Kickbacks are common where a lot of money is involved.

[/QUOTE]Belief? Lol. This isn't belief or conjecture. It is a fact how he personally affected the the outcome of the game. [/QUOTE]

Besides the fact that referees always affect the outcome of games, it is not a fact that he intentionally made bad calls

[/QUOTE]It's a fact what UK's record is in games he was a ref. [/QUOTE]

This is a fact, but the inference that he is the reason for those outcomes is not fact.

[/QUOTE]The video evidence speaks for itself. Not opinion. Not conjecture. Videotape doesn't lie.[/QUOTE]

The video shows that some calls were missed, and that many borderline calls went UNC's way. It doesn't even begin to describe the motivation for those missed calls.

I find that often times people use "facts" in an attempt to infer something that isn't proved by the facts, common in todays political arena, and many folks who predisposed to agreeing with that point of view will jump on them say see, there is proof.

I know I'll get blasted for this so go ahead but this is the way I see it. We Lost a heart breaker! My advice is give yourself 24 hours to cool off a little before posting or longer if needed.

The Idiots who left death threats to this man could face criminal prosecution if the law wants to push it. They will find a few and there were so many it could involve a lot of people. What is wrong with these people?

I'm as True Blue as can be so don't even go there. This is shameful, senseless, and criminal. I'll keep you In my thoughts and prayers.. and hope you grow up! This is serious and makes all the good fans look guilty.

If you were involved I'd quit bragging about it and hope nothing happens. If you see Law enforcement pull up. You might want to call a lawyer.

No mater what the reason threatening someone's life is serious business!

Reactions: Jazzycat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT