ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Roy Doesn't Like News & Observer Coverage of UNCheat

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
APSE @APSE_sportmedia · 2h 2 hours ago

UNC beat writer @_andrewcarter says he hasn't had one-on-one for-record convo w/ Roy Williams b/c he's upset with N&O's coverage of school

This post was edited on 1/19 2:03 PM by Smashcat

Roy only does interviews to the espn media machine. Who is convinced Roy did not know anything. Everyone else thinks Roy is a kook. Unc cheat just fired their system president. Roy will soon get his golden parachute offer and then vertigo will set in. Roy said it best himself " I don't want to be remembered by this AFAM Scandal". There is no way Roy can separate himself from this. Keep recruiting Roy.

and now....the end is near......and so I face.....that final curtain............

tumblr_inline_nfawhdjSHs1rfajnl.jpg

Originally posted by Kampus Korner:
I've spent a lot of time in North Carolina recently. I've been somewhat surprised at how many NC fans don't like Roy and want him gone.
Let's see...

.crying
"I don't give a ____ about North Carolina"
throwing out an opposing fan
bashing his players
bashing a player who signed for Mich St
constantly contradicting himself
lying
keeping PJ on the bench after repeated violations
criticizing his own fans
defending Wayne Walden as ethical
claiming he was proud of what his players did in the classroom and then saying he didn't know what they were doing in classroom
abandoning walk-ons on a hostile court
acting like Ernest T Bass

I'm sure there are more!

Originally posted by preacherfan:

I've spent a lot of time in North Carolina recently. I've been somewhat surprised at how many NC fans don't like Roy and want him gone.
Let's see...

.crying
"I don't give a ____ about North Carolina"
throwing out an opposing fan
bashing his players
bashing a player who signed for Mich St
constantly contradicting himself
lying
keeping PJ on the bench after repeated violations
criticizing his own fans
defending Wayne Walden as ethical
claiming he was proud of what his players did in the classroom and then saying he didn't know what they were doing in classroom
abandoning walk-ons on a hostile court
acting like Ernest T Bass

I'm sure there are more!
He was ok with taking all of those academic performance bonuses.

Originally posted by Smashcat:
APSE @APSE_sportmedia · 2h 2 hours ago

UNC beat writer @_andrewcarter says he hasn't had one-on-one for-record convo w/ Roy Williams b/c he's upset with N&O's coverage of school

This post was edited on 1/19 2:03 PM by Smashcat
BOOHOO, We don't like Jerry Tipton and the LHL coverage of UK,

Roy doesn't care about the cheating, its everyone knowing about it that he has a problem with...........

Originally posted by wildcatdonf:
Mr. Carter has gotten the same thing out of Roy without an interview as he would have gotten from Roy with an interview.
laugh.r191677.gif
In all seriousness, I never do get it when institutions of higher learning hire coaches who don't exactly seem to be all that bright. We did it with Billy G and they did it with Roy.

My favorite Roy Williams tic is his insistence that he typically does not swear, and yet he is the only coach I've ever heard swear repeatedly in live interviews. As in at least a half dozen times. The guy has a filthy mouth and yet tries to project this image as a gosh darn saint.

Originally posted by pascat:
My favorite Roy Williams tic is his insistence that he typically does not swear, and yet he is the only coach I've ever heard swear repeatedly in live interviews. As in at least a half dozen times. The guy has a filthy mouth and yet tries to project this image as a gosh darn saint.
He learned that lie from Dean Smyth. Dean said that he never called Roby a SOB because he did use that kind of language.
laugh.r191677.gif

If they had the turtleneck for an AD, they wouldn't have to deal with an honest media.

Its at daggum vertiga actin up that causes at

Originally posted by preacherfan:

He learned that lie from Dean Smyth. Dean said that he never called Roby a SOB because he did use that kind of language.
laugh.r191677.gif
And Coach K learned his foul mouth skillset from Deano and Bobby Knight. K has the art of intimidation down to a fine science.

If UK doesn't end up winning it all this year, I just hope anyone but Duke and UNC takes it home.

Slightly off topic but too funny:

An NC State fan yesterday managed to manipulate Google maps...so that if you googled "Map North Carolina"...and then typed into search "Cheater"...the map zoomed into (you guessed it) UNC-Chapel Hill!!

It got fixed overnight. But don't EVER piss off the Wolfpack fans, please.

Originally posted by sambowieshin:
More focus on cheating and the hiring of possible cheaters. Roy won't like this either. What other school would even take a chance on a controversial hire like this while under investigation???? Maybe UofL????

http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/19/4488576/unc-confident-in-gene-chizik-despite.html
It is nice to see UNC*** just openly flaunt NCAA rules and hire known cheaters. It should make Dean Smyth proud !!

"Several former Tigers players told Roberts, among other things, that during Chizik's tenure Auburn changed grades to keep players eligible, and that the school offered thousands of dollars in effort to keep potential NFL draft picks from leaving school."

The old Sargent Shultz defense has worked pretty well so far with the NCAA for Ole Roy and UNC***.

Do the fans there think anything will be done to them by the NCAA?

The NCAA will make up a rule that they have violated, but that they didn't know that they violated it, and so it is okay since they have penalized them selves by ????????? and so forth. No harm no penalty really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT