ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss vs uofl point spread

LOL

Well, I am confident I will never work for Glenn. And, the next time I cheer for a team that has Lane as HC will be the first.

If Japan, North Korea, Notre Dame and Louisville are ever in the same conference, I’ll be sitting between Dennis Rodman and a fat Asian dude with a piss poor hair cut.

BETTER DEAD THAN CARDINAL RED!!

Steam rolled? Lol.

Well, it was 13 to nothing late in the third, NC State not having been shut out in any half of play in ACC play. Then we surrendered over 100 yards of unsportsmanlike-like penalties, to put them back in the game: 45 of their 69 yards on a 4th quarter drive.

They never had a real shot, but we played the last 18 minutes of the game like we had money on them keeping it close?!?!

Hey, Country Club, you’re our resident ACC man, now that Card fans rarely visit: what was that bowl record in 20/21 for the old Atlantic Coast?

Well, it was 13 to nothing late in the third, NC State not having been shut out in any half of play in ACC play. Then we surrendered over 100 yards of unsportsmanlike-like penalties, to put them back in the game: 45 of their 69 yards on a 4th quarter drive.

They never had a real shot, but we played the last 18 minutes of the game like we had money on them keeping it close?!?!

Hey, Country Club, you’re our resident ACC man, now that Card fans rarely visit: what was that bowl record in 20/21 for the old Atlantic Coast?

You must have me confused with someone else lol - I'm not an 'ACC' fan. I've said many times, I think the whole conference fandom thing is dumb. Just thought calling a two point win "steam rolling" somebody was funny. FWIW, I was pulling for you to beat them by at least a couple touchdowns.

Last edited:
I think the whole conference fandom thing is dumb.

There’s an interesting split nationally on that very point.

My family is scattered across the SEC, in Tennessee, Bama, Florida and Kentucky. And all perceive belonging to the SEC as a financial, recruiting and competitive asset to their respective schools and programs. Hence all celebrate with that annoying “SEC” chant.

That is missing in other conferences, and I do not envy them.

It is as entirely rational for a North Carolina or Clemson fan to dismiss conference comparisons and comparative pride, as it is for fans of SEC schools to place massive “SEC” logos on all facilities.

There’s an interesting split nationally on that very point.

My family is scattered across the SEC, in Tennessee, Bama, Florida and Kentucky. And all perceive belonging to the SEC as a financial, recruiting and competitive asset to their respective schools and programs. Hence all celebrate with that annoying “SEC” chant.

That is missing in other conferences, and I do not envy them.

It is as entirely rational for a North Carolina or Clemson fan to dismiss conference comparisons and comparative pride, as it is for fans of SEC schools to place massive “SEC” logos on all facilities.

Fair point. That's the first time I've gotten a really good explanation for your conference solidarity. And one that makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
I think part of that's also related to our histories. We're offshoots of the same conference, the old southern conference, but the SEC has looked about the same, since its inception, comparatively speaking. You still have 10 (?) of your charter members, mostly all large public schools, whereas the ACC only has 5 of our charter members. Of course there were only 7 to begin with, but as you can see we've added more teams to get to 14. And we have more small private schools like Duke where most of the students are actually from NJ instead of NC or a neighboring state. Whereas SEC expansion added better fits both culturally and geographically. I'm showing my age a bit, but I think some of us would like to see the ACC go back to 8 or 9 members.

Last edited:
You give up 288 yards on the ground? That's pretty much steam rolled.
anyone who watched the game knows it wasnt even close, in fact, so lopsided that our players felt like they could act like goof balls and still win. They were right but not by much and they should have kept focus and waltzed to the easy win they should have gotten! Anyway, the teams were not very close to being really competitive with each other.

You give up 288 yards on the ground? That's pretty much steam rolled.

Hey, I'm not a State fan. But I'm going to call it like I see it. They were missing 4 starters (3 in the front 7 and a safety) on defense. You guys ran the ball the entire game. Win by 2. Good win? Yeah. State probably had no business being ranked, but any bowl win is a good win. Steam rolled? Nah. That's not even a lot of yards lol. You only threw the ball what 20 times?

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not a State fan. But I'm going to call it like I see it. They were missing 4 starters (3 in the front 7 and a safety) on defense. You guys ran the ball the entire game. Win by 2. Good win? Yeah. State probably had no business being ranked, but any bowl win is a good win. Steam rolled? Nah. That's not even a lot of yards lol. You only threw the ball what 20 times?
missing players is not much of an argument
both teams were missing players

missing players is not much of an argument
both teams were missing players

Look, if you want to say you steam rolled State in the Gator Bowl, I say go nuts lol. I think most people would laugh at that but that's just my take. Means ab-suh-loot-lee nothing. I mean, you got the win, right? That's what's important.

yeah, i wouldn’t characterize it as a steam roll either. We moved the ball well, but it wasn’t comfortable until that last UK TD in the 4th

Look, if you want to say you steam rolled State in the Gator Bowl, I say go nuts lol. I think most people would laugh at that but that's just my take. Means ab-suh-loot-lee nothing. I mean, you got the win, right? That's what's important.
hmm..........not sure how you got all that out of me stating the fact that both teams were missing players

How ironic??!! That’s exactly how much the opinion of a Tar Heel fan matters on a UK message board. (As I’m sure the same would be for a UK fan’s opinion on a Tar Heel board.)

Did you think I meant it some other way? Kind of a bizarre response given that's basically what I said.

Last edited:
Okay, this thread got derailed somewhere near Poughkeepsie NY and wound up in Omaha. Sorry, but I'd like to get it back on the tracks, because I truly have an important question about the point spread.

WHY?

Why do so many bettors think Louisville can keep this within 7-8?

I know the reflex answer is Ole MIss's defense. Yes, it was horrendous last year, but I think they'll be improved just by virtue of experience; they can't get much worse. And looking at what UL lost and retains on offense, I don't think they're going to score nearly enough to stay within a touchdown or two. Or three. I think this is about a 47-14 kind of game, if not worse.

So please tell me what it is about this game that should discourage me --- ahem . . . a friend --- from laying some money down?

Reactions: sefus12
Okay, this thread got derailed somewhere near Poughkeepsie NY and wound up in Omaha. Sorry, but I'd like to get it back on the tracks, because I truly have an important question about the point spread.

WHY?

I know the reflex answer is Ole MIss's defense. Yes, it was horrendous last year, but I think they'll be improved just by virtue of experience; they can't get much worse. And looking at what UL lost and retains on offense, I don't think they're going to score nearly enough to stay within a touchdown or two. Or three. I think this is about a 47-14 kind of game, if not worse.

So please tell me what it is about this game that should discourage me --- ahem . . . a friend --- from laying some money down?
I heard they lost one of their best LBers to the portal.

Don't remind the UL message board crowd. Many of them will just get more giddy. I can see it now:

"Oh, Jones was so turrrble Kiffin kicked him off the team and nobody except Eewkay would take him. The other players around him made him look good."

Can you tell I'm still bitter from not getting to destroy play them last year? And I really don't hate UL or their team. Their message board fans and the former employees of the athletic department, however....

WHY?

That's on me. Sorry. I lean towards Ole Miss in this one. Louisville is still in rebuilding mode.

WHY?

Come on man. Are you an idiot?

Everybody knows they lost 2 really good WRs and a really good RB.

Everybody also knows that the uofl backups are better than the starters.

They'll prob score more on Ole Miss this year than they would have last year if they had played.

Come on man. Are you an idiot?

Everybody knows they lost 2 really good WRs and a really good RB.

Everybody also knows that the uofl backups are better than the starters.

They'll prob score more on Ole Miss this year than they would have last year if they had played.
Yeah, thanks for bringing me back down to earth. I let my mind get away from me for a few minutes and forgot about the awesomeness that is Louisville football.

You saved me from losing a lot of money!! Now I'll throw a few Bennies on UL's moneyline.

Thanks!! I'll always remember how you helped me out!!

Fair point. That's the first time I've gotten a really good explanation for your conference solidarity. And one that makes sense.

And we tend to believe other fans are being disingenuous when they claim not to understand it.

I won’t burden you with a list of “conference accomplishments,” but will simply say I struggle to name an area where the SEC trails (yes, we won our first women’s’ volleyball championship, but watch that grow).

We are currently 2nd to the Bug Ten in conference division for TV money, but the new contract (2023 forward) for rights for the SEC Game of the week are supposed to put us in a different stratosphere. There has been talk that that the current division could jump 50 percent, or double, just from the GOTW.

In short, nothing succeeds quite like success. When recruits, without prompting, make special note of “my first SEC offer,” we know we have done something right!

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
And we tend to believe other fans are being disingenuous when they claim not to understand it.

I won’t burden you with a list of “conference accomplishments,” but will simply say I struggle to name an area where the SEC trails (yes, we won our first women’s’ volleyball championship, but watch that grow).

We are currently 2nd to the Bug Ten in conference division for TV money, but the new contract (2023 forward) for rights for the SEC Game of the week are supposed to put us in a different stratosphere. There has been talk that that the current division could jump 50 percent, or double, just from the GOTW.

In short, nothing succeeds quite like success. When recruits, without prompting, make special note of “my first SEC offer,” we know we have done something right!

We're a women's soccer school.

They did get Cole in their stocking, I'd Pass on that. They had Little and the lost him. As Satterfield tries to Turner around, UL seems to have gotten a bit Wertz. As I Reed it, UL won't be Duncan on anyone in the SEC or ACC as far as recruiting is concerned.
It's gone too far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT