ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss vs uofl point spread

CJ UL beat writer Wednesday said UL thinks it will have a top 25-30 defense this year. He said he could see UL being the preseason #3 or #4 in the ACC.

• Haha
Reactions: Rockford
You're right.. Now the 21-0 76 Peach Bowl was a steamroll though 😄

Funny story. You might remember this, I don't know. Well, it wasn't funny at the time, but here goes....We had a pretty good team in 2015. Went 11-1 during the regular season. Less overall talent than what we have now, but we had some dudes...Marquise Williams, Elijah Hood, T.J. Logan, Ryan Switzer, etc.

Anyways, we lose to Clemson by a TD in the ACCCG. We get Baylor in a bowl game. This was back when Briles was their coach and they were pretty good. BUT.. their first and second string QBs (Seth Russell and Jarrett Stidham) were out with injuries. Keep in mind, we had Gene Chizic as DC, and he ran a pretty vanilla defense.

So Baylor rolls out kind of a spread single-wing look, and a combination of brilliant offensive scheming (Art Briles really was a damn good coach) and terrible counter-strategy on our part (we were totally unprepared) led to them rushing for over 600 yards (!) against us. The final score was 49-38, but the game wasn't that close. THAT is steamroll. They ran through us, around us, away from us lol. And we've been on the flipside of that too, just last season in fact. But I'll never forget that game.

Last edited:
Funny story. You might remember this, I don't know. Well, it wasn't funny at the time, but here goes....We had a pretty good team in 2015. Went 11-1 during the regular season. Less overall talent than what we have now, but we had some dudes...Marquise Williams, Elijah Hood, T.J. Logan, Ryan Switzer, etc.

Anyways, we lose to Clemson by a TD in the ACCCG. We get Baylor in a bowl game. This was back when Briles was their coach and they were pretty good. BUT.. their first and second string QBs (Seth Russell and Jarrett Stidham) were out with injuries. Keep in mind, we had Gene Chizic as DC, and he ran a pretty vanilla defense.

So Baylor rolls out kind of a spread single-wing look, and a combination of brilliant offensive scheming (Art Briles really was a damn good coach) and terrible counter-strategy on our part (we were totally unprepared) led to them rushing for over 600 yards (!) against us. The final score was 49-38, but the game wasn't that close. THAT is steamroll. They ran through us, around us, away from us lol. And we've been on the flipside of that too, just last season in fact. But I'll never forget that game.
We once got beat 73-0 by the Gators and IT WASNT THAT CLOSE. We know a little somethin about steamrolls!

ADVERTISEMENT