ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss vs UK Women on SECN

It’s only going to get worse. We won’t have the best women’s player in the history of the program, Rhyne Howard, starting next season.

I guess Mitch will just let things crater like the baseball team or even the football team under Joker.

Reactions: gwjenning
I mean...I just clicked over to it. How are they ranked with an 8-6 record?
It has to be off the expectations of us having the best women’s player in college. We won’t be ranked after today even if we win. We’ve been destroyed 2 straight games before this one.

I’m actually happy with the fight in this group today. Edwards suspended again. Benton in a boot. Only 7 players.

Playing terribly shorthanded and not well coached. Played their butts off.

Edwards needs to be kicked off the team. Season is lost anyway. She let her team down with disciplinary nonsense more than once.

My brother asked me if I wanted to go to my niece’s (11) 1:30 game yesterday. I told him I love my niece but please don’t ask stupid questions. Girls’ basketball gives me a headache.

Until UK gets a coach that values Post play, we will NEVER compete for an SEC OR NCAA title. You have to have Centers that can score AND protect the rim. We haven't had that, even when Mitchell was the coach, and it's the reason we have NEVER been to a Final 4.

Not hard to figure out, yet we continue to run a scheme that doesn't place THE top priority on it.

Didn’t Elzy hire a really experienced former head coach to help with things this year? They underachieved last year but they are flat out terrible this year given the level of talent they have. Elzy may not get fired this year but it’s pretty obvious she’s out of her league.

There is no way she’s getting fired this year.
Yes. I'm not sure a gun to the head would get Mitch to fire her after this season.
I really wish Microwave Mitch wasn't so quick to hire her after a whole 6 games. Mitchell had us in a decent spot. We could have gotten an experienced coach.
Who knows, maybe she turns it around and we start winning when she gets her kids in here.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Didn’t Elzy hire a really experienced former head coach to help with things this year? They underachieved last year but they are flat out terrible this year given the level of talent they have. Elzy may not get fired this year but it’s pretty obvious she’s out of her league.
Yep, Gail Goestenkors. Former Duke coach. I was hoping she'd have more of an impact.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
It took Mitch 2 years to realize the BCG mistake. Elzy is already recognized by most as an equally huge mistake but because of race she’ll get at least one more year.

The women's program will continue to crater.

Why in the hell do they play women's games in Rupp where the place sits virtually empty. More boneheaded decisions from Barney and Co.

Reactions: KYExtemper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT