ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma & Texas to SEC?

Yeah, here's your deal: the ACC would get ALL the money from Alabama, UGA, etc playing conference games in Death Valley every year. Lol. That's some real value there buddy.

You know no contract in college athletics is really binding. If CU wanted out and th he SDC wanted them, the courts would decide the buy out. But why would CU want to leave? Why swap a schedule where you are pushed 2 games a year for 6.

You know no contract in college athletics is really binding. If CU wanted out and th he SDC wanted them, the courts would decide the buy out. But why would CU want to leave? Why swap a schedule where you are pushed 2 games a year for 6.

tenor.gif

With an expanded playoff, I think the effect of being in a tough conference will be much more muted. And you’ll get the financial benefit of your conference making up half of the playoff teams every year. Plus the financial benefit of some $20 million regular season matchups.

Of course. Just about anything can be litigated. No one is forcing Clemson to stay in the ACC. They could join the SEC if that's what they want. They just couldn't take their media rights with them. They're a charter member. They voted for the GOR. And they signed off on it. But to your point, Clemson has it made, there's really no reason for them to leave.

And not everyone worships at the altar of TV revenue and conference distributions. There are a number of schools in the ACC that are like that. Notre Dame is another one. Their NBC contract was groundbreaking when they signed it, but if you look at it, it's pretty mediocre by today's standards. And they only get about $10 million a year from the ACC. It's just not what drives their decisions.

Last edited:
Of course. Just about anything can be litigated. No one is forcing Clemson to stay in the ACC. They could join the SEC if that's what they want. They just couldn't take their media rights with them. They're a charter member. They voted for the GOR. And they signed off on it. But to your point, Clemson has it made, there's really no reason for them to leave.

And not everyone worships at the altar of TV revenue and conference distributions. There are a number of schools in the ACC that are like that. Notre Dame is another one. Their NBC contract was groundbreaking when they signed it, but if you look at it, it's pretty mediocre by today's standards. And they only get about $10 million a year from the ACC. It's just not what drives their decisions.

I dont particularly want Clemson in the SEC, I believe they are abusing PEDs like no one else but that's a different story. I just dont see any advantage for them to come. Now if 2-3 more of the big name football schools decide to join up, they could get nervous, but by the time 2036 rolls around I wont be around and it wont make any difference. But right now CU and OSU are on different levels than anyone in their conference. CU has repped the ACC every year since the playoff and I think OSU has the Big10 every year they got in, why leave?

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
I dont particularly want Clemson in the SEC, I believe they are abusing PEDs like no one else but that's a different story. I just dont see any advantage for them to come.
In a relatively small population state, so do little to add to SEC TV market.

In a relatively small population state, so do little to add to SEC TV market.

The only way I see it happening is Carolina leaves, then SEC would go after them, or Coastal. I dont think CU would be interested, like I said how would it help their program? But UNC is improving, watch out for the U, they are bringing some of the legends of the glory days as support staff and are recruiting pretty well.

I dont know who he is, he isnt a writer for the Georgia rivals site, or 247, not sure about the new one. But if word is out that the SEC is shopping for a few more teams I am sure there would be some letting it know they are willing. I am just guessing and haven't heard any names, but Cinncy, UCF or Memphsis would be 3 that wouldnt surprise me if they reached out. I dont think OSU or Mich are interested, but a week ago I would have called BS on Texas and OU to the SEC.

Conference expansion is getting as cutthroat as recruiting,I am going to be cautious, not believe everything I read, but not disregarding it either.
Memphis reaching out to let the SEC know that it is willing to join the conference would be like me contacting Margot Robbie to let her know that I’m willing to hook up with her.

ADVERTISEMENT