Jordan Brown Recruit 6-11 194 7-0 8-11.5
Hamidou Diallo UK player 6-5 199 6-11 8-5.5
Louis King Recruit 6-6 204 7-0.5 8-8
Kevin Knox UK player 6-8.75 209 7-0 8-11
Romeo Langford Recruit 6-5 196 6-10.5 8-6.5
Immanuel Quickley Recruit 6-3.5 178 6-7.75 8-2.5
Cameron Reddish Recruit 6-7 203 7-1 8-8.5
PJ Washington UK player 6-8 237 7-3

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2017/06/20/usa-measurements-for-uk-basketball-players-targets/

Quickley at 6-3.5. I like it.

First thing that pops out is Bol Bol being 7-3 with that absurd wingspan/standing reach. Unbelievable.

The next thing that catches my eye is that Knox is 6-9. He could potentially be unguardable and an absolute mismatch all over the floor. He can play anywhere from the 2-4. Would be way too big for a SG to guard and way too quick for a PF to guard.

The line up below would be a terror getting up and down the floor and would have legit shooters at the 1, 3, and 5 spots with 2 and 4 being able to keep defenses honest as well.

Green
Diallo
Knox
Vanderbilt
Washington

That potential line ups for next year will be a fun thing to watch. Will have multiple ways to beat teams.

Vanderbilt is listed at 6'9 as well, plus we have 6'10 Gabriel, so we have tons of options to potentially go with 3-4 guys that are 6'8+ and still not be a "twin towers" lineup.

It's one thing to play Dakari Johnson and Shagari Alleyne together. It's another to play 3-4 "bigs" who can dribble, pass, shoot, and switch on every screen.

The More I watch Knox the more I think he has the potential to be the best SF we've had here period. The kid is so fluid with the ball and can shoot the ball very good. We're going to be alot better IMO next year than we thought with Diallo, Vanderbilt, Knox and others. So much versatility and length with skill.

The More I watch Knox the more I think he has the potential to be the best SF we've had here period. The kid is so fluid with the ball and can shoot the ball very good. We're going to be alot better IMO next year than we thought with Diallo, Vanderbilt, Knox and others. So much versatility and length with skill.
And folks are forgetting Gabriel. No reason he can't blossom into a special sophomore. He'll certainly have a lot of competition in practice to motivate him.

First thing that pops out is Bol Bol being 7-3 with that absurd wingspan/standing reach. Unbelievable.

The next thing that catches my eye is that Knox is 6-9. He could potentially be unguardable and an absolute mismatch all over the floor. He can play anywhere from the 2-4. Would be way too big for a SG to guard and way too quick for a PF to guard.

The line up below would be a terror getting up and down the floor and would have legit shooters at the 1, 3, and 5 spots with 2 and 4 being able to keep defenses honest as well.

Green
Diallo
Knox
Vanderbilt
Washington

That potential line ups for next year will be a fun thing to watch. Will have multiple ways to beat teams.

Love that lineup offensively.

No rim protector on defense, though.

Cal is all about defense, so I am not sure he would use that lineup much.

Would be a fun lineup to watch. That team should be able to put points on the board.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
PJ Washington with a +7 wingspan is not getting enough play.

That allows him to play all over the floor.

This is amazing for a kid that's 6'8''.

Just think about having this lineup:
1. Alexander- 6'6"
2. Knox-6'9"
3. Washington- 6'8"( with the 7'3" wingspan)
4. Gabriel- 6'10"
5. Richards- 7'0"

How could any team get an open shot?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

1. Alexander- 6'6"
2. Knox-6'9"
4. Gabriel- 6'10"
5. Richards- 7'0"

I know a lot of people have Green at PG, but from what I am seeing there could be several options at PG and as Cal said last night whoever gets the ball can take it.

Love that lineup offensively.

No rim protector on defense, though.

Cal is all about defense, so I am not sure he would use that lineup much.

Would be a fun lineup to watch. That team should be able to put points on the board.

Rim protection coming from one position is a bit overstated. UNC had very little of it last year, as did Villanova (both teams blocked 3 shots per game as a team) the year before. Duke was hardly a tremendous shot blocking team in 2015. That's three straight title teams without elite shot blocking.

If he wants to, Cal will be able to use Washington (7’3” wingspan, and agile), alongside numerous 6’8” to 6’9” guys who can handle the ball, defend, and run the court.

He wouldn’t give up much in the realm of shot contesting either if he went with Washington/Vandy/Knox over Richards alongside two of those guys. Unless, of course, Richards or SKJ surprise most of us and come out averaging 2 to 3 blocks/game.

Rim protection coming from one position is a bit overstated. UNC had very little of it last year, as did Villanova (both teams blocked 3 shots per game as a team) the year before. Duke was hardly a tremendous shot blocking team in 2015. That's three straight title teams without elite shot blocking.

If he wants to, Cal will be able to use Washington (7’3” wingspan, and agile), alongside numerous 6’8” to 6’9” guys who can handle the ball, defend, and run the court.

He wouldn’t give up much in the realm of shot contesting either if he went with Washington/Vandy/Knox over Richards alongside two of those guys. Unless, of course, Richards or SKJ surprise most of us and come out averaging 2 to 3 blocks/game.

Different styles for different teams.

Cal needs rim protectors in his defensive schemes.

On another note, didn't realize that Shai Alexander is now up to 6'6" with a 6'11" wingspan. Measured at 6'6" at Hoop Summit.

I noticed the 237 lbs as well. [thumb2]
Washington is a great rebounder as well. I think we will def see him as the de facto center quite a bit.

I mean a positionless team of all 6'7 guys is what Cal has always dreamed about, well it's pretty darn close to happening. I just think teams will not be able to match with this team, there should always be mismatches at multiple positions!

Washington is a great rebounder as well. I think we will def see him as the de facto center quite a bit.

I mean a positionless team of all 6'7 guys is what Cal has always dreamed about, well it's pretty darn close to happening. I just think teams will not be able to match with this team, there should always be mismatches at multiple positions!
I agree. He's got some Chuck Hayes in him and some Terrence Jones. Nice hybrid.

If that wingspan on Washington is correct then WOW. I've even seen some of his highlights and his arms didn't look freakishly long but they must be. He could be s defensive juggernaut... May even play C with his weight.

Love to see Cal sign all six of the recruits he has at the U19 camp.

2018-19:

Starters

G Quickley(6'3 FR)
G Langford(6'5 FR)
F Reddish(6'7 FR)
F Brown(6'11 FR)
F Bol(7'3 FR)

Bench

G Gilgeous-Alexander(6'6 SO)
G Baker(6'4 SO)
F King(6'6 FR)
F Killeya-Jones(6'10 JR)
F Wynyard(6'10 JR)

I think Bagley ends up staying out West and Williamson ends up either staying home or going to Duke or UNC.

If Cal gets the six he has under his wing right now, then missing out on those other two won't be that bad.

I know it's unlikely he gets all six, but stranger things have happened.

1. Alexander- 6'6"
2. Knox-6'9"
4. Gabriel- 6'10"
5. Richards- 7'0"

Cal has mentioned Vanderbilt to be point forward. Just so you know.

I believe he hinted that he can go extremely big if he wanted to. He might toy with it little here and there with Vanderbilt, Diallo, Knox, Gabriel, and Washington.

Reactions: catben

I believe he hinted that he can go extremely big if he wanted to. He might toy with it little here and there with Vanderbilt, Diallo, Knox, Gabriel, and Washington.

Cal once mentioned he'd love to have a 7' PG, Vanderbilt would be close to that.:D

Cal's "Positionless Basketball" will be a reality this season. I LOVE IT!![banana]

Reactions: WildMoon
HAMI 6-6 BOUNCY......that's his quote...and he is bouncy 45 v is a high flyer ...6-11 wing too he's going to really suprise a lot of people

Reactions: catben

The combinations seem limitless with this team. Another lineup I can envision:

G Diallo(6'5)
G Knox(6'9)
G Vanderbilt(6'9)
F Washington(6'8)
F Richards(7'0)

That's a great combination of size and skill. That length would be hard to score on. The smallest guy has a 6'11 wingspan!

Four guys that handle like guards around our best post presence.

Shooting might suffer without Green on the floor.

We have so many combinations, it's not even funny. Should be a versatile team.

Could be the most unselfish team Cal has had. Most of our guys can handle and pass like guards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT