ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

I wonder if we'll beat these clowns in Rupp Arena ? After the Vandy game, no home game is safe. lmao. Sad.

Some of you blaming the refs are just ridiculous. How about we can't shoot the ball? Knox was off, end of story. How many misses from 3???? How many did Missouri make more than us? How many offensive rebounds did they get?

Reactions: Calsthebomb
We definitely got outplayed. We also got screwed by the zebras on numerous occasions. It was only a matter of time.

Reactions: Fox2monk
1. At least none of our guys have pulled a Terrence Phillips. Quality individual!

2. We have never hired a parent to get a player and then his brother.

SAD Mizzou. Sadly it wasn't a fair fight.

Some of you blaming the refs are just ridiculous. How about we can't shoot the ball? Knox was off, end of story. How many misses from 3???? How many did Missouri make more than us? How many offensive rebounds did they get?

Almost as ridiculous as your agenda huh...

Martin is a shit offensive coach, but once his teams buy into his defense and get to work then they are a top 5 defensive team. The problem is that he takes so long to get his team to buy in that they already typically have poor losses and don't or barely make the tournament.

That sucked. 4 more road games against much better teams. No way to win the SEC now. But definitely need to hang on to one of the byes. Will have to take care of business at home and hope steal one or two on the road.

Michael Porter Jr isn't a Jarred Vanderbilt situation. MPJ, as you call him, is a top 5 pick. He's not going to play and then risk that injury coming up again. Not going to play. Common sense.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
1. At least none of our guys have pulled a Terrence Phillips. Quality individual!

2. We have never hired a parent to get a player and then his brother.

SAD Mizzou. Sadly it wasn't a fair fight.

Hey, atleast we kicked Phillips off the team. Bill Self would have given him the starting role.

If this game isn't proof to Cal that somebody need to sit (namely Diallo and Richards) and Vanderbilt and Jones get their minutes then I'm not sure what will.
And you think that Washington played a better game!!??? GO CATS!!!

The rule doesn’t change just because we don’t like it. The rule is stupid but you still play by the rules

That's not the question. The point is that a timeout shouldn't save a team from having to get it across the line in 10 seconds.

Totally agree. We can't shoot so we should at least try to force a couple turnovers extra each game. We need the possessions because we can't score.
I tend to agree; however, our offense doesn't seem to work to get anyone a shot. GO CATS!!

That's not the question. The point is that a timeout shouldn't save a team from having to get it across the line in 10 seconds.

It’s the same rule for everyone so we gotta live with it. Let’s stay on track and put the blame on cal and the staff for not being up to date on rules ... 9 million a year ... you know the rules of your game right?

Reactions: mgrody
When Hami (8), PJ (8), Quade (11) and Wenyen (8) all take more shots than Knox (6) we're probably in trouble. Shai was 5 for 16. Just need to forget this game and move on...

Reactions: Fox2monk
And you think that Washington played a better game!!??? GO CATS!!!

Than those 2? Um yea he did. He's far from perfect but somebody has to play. I'm not sure why some kids seem immune to being benched. Even when they consistently make the same dumb plays game after game. We need Vanderbilts energy for 28-30 minutes a game or we are going absolutely nowhere.

Wish he was a none and done at this point.

Then next year will be addition by subtraction for all these Diallo haters but his BBALL IQ sucks and he cannot shoot. I wish Cal would ban that mid-range jumper. He hasn't made one all year.

Herro will provide much needed shooting and skill from his spot. I just hope his defense is adequate and not kwilt like. He seems athletic enough to be able to guard a guy his size.

Than those 2? Um yea he did. He's far from perfect but somebody has to play. I'm not sure why some kids seem immune to being benched. Even when they consistently make the same dumb plays game after game. We need Vanderbilts energy for 28-30 minutes a game or we are going absolutely nowhere.

Cal needs to preach Vanderbilts effort every practice and that should be the standard for every player who plays.

Have that bad a night shooting, chances are you are going to to get beat. Aspects of our game were actually pretty good, else we get blown out.

Look on the bright side, at least the troll slime and Cal haters are happy. I’m sure Zay and his “type” are just a quiver.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I hope these players want to beat all of the SEC teams that have beaten them. If I were a player on this team I wouldn't rest until I beat them good. Players and fans from other team always want to rub it in when they beat Kentucky. I hope our players take that to heart.

Not how I saw it. I still don't understand why he was in the game after the first 10 minutes. GO CATS!!

When Hami (8), PJ (8), Quade (11) and Wenyen (8) all take more shots than Knox (6) we're probably in trouble. Shai was 5 for 16. Just need to forget this game and move on...

We need a shot chart like this

Knox(14)
P.J.(8+)
Quade (8+)
Hami (6-8) all drives for and ones
Vanderbilt (8) when hes in game shape
Richards (6+) if he is playing well
Wenyen(6) 3 set threes and the rest drives
SGA (14) any combo of threes/drives
SKJ (4) smooth jumper and put backs

That should our March line up and around attempts for each guy. Thats averaging 74 shots a game. If each possession took all 30 seconds of clock then would be 80 possissions a game but the average shot is around 16 seconds I believe. That would be 150 possessions per game. Which all.things equal is 75 per team. Turnover, fouls, and all that effect all these numbers but it's not of reach to take 70 - 75 shots a game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT