ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

We are strictly a perimeter-oriented BB team at this point. Seems we are very limited in scoring in the paint from our bigs. Richards had the ability but can't stay on the court due to always in foul trouble.

Can't stay on the floor due to refs who suck ass.

Nice mid range shot by Richards.. yes, they had ugly spurts, but this team has loads of potential....I like this team.

I think we would if Green , SKJ and JV were playing . But to be playing with calipari and Tai getting minutes to win by 20 is big regardless . I want to win by 20 though not 13 . We have lost focus for a few minutes.
And if Knox had a normal game
He’s really off today

We’re definitely coasting now

Our second half defense is a serious issue. I think we've been outscored in the second half at least 4 times this season already.

This half is why I’m not sure this UK team will ever be a legit threat this season.

What's happening on ESPN is a good reminder of just how hard it is to win true road games. What our 2015 team did was amazing.

Reactions: treyforuk
I think we will see a big difference in a month or so. We are definitely bored, up 25, losing focus (Freshman) gotta keep petal to the metal.

This half is why I’m not sure this UK team will ever be a legit threat this season.
You can't make that judgment when we are playing a team that was never a challenge. Our guys wouldn't be playing like this if the opponent was worth a damn.

Reactions: UK_fan_41102
2nd half effort was one of the worst all year. Maybe Coach Cal worked them too hard in practice and wore them down.

Meh
I’m not bothered
Yeah it could’ve been better
Freshmen really do have to learn to keep up the intensity when having a lead such as we had
Had a couple of injuries and Knox was off
Still see a lot of positives and I believe it will only get better

Reactions: Jazzycat
You can't make that judgment when we are playing a team that was never a challenge. Our guys wouldn't be playing like this if the opponent was worth a damn.

Possibly. But the effort was pathetic and laziness was ridiculous.

Monmouth is a horrendous team and to allow them to score nearly 50 in the second half and outscore you by 8 isn’t what legit teams do

All teams let off the gas a bit when up by that much.

JV out
Baker out
SKJ out
Queen out most of that 2nd half run by Monmouth.

you have to take that into account

Reactions: Jazzycat
Possibly. But the effort was pathetic and laziness was ridiculous.

Monmouth is a horrendous team and to allow them to score nearly 50 in the second half and outscore you by 8 isn’t what legit teams do
Okay, so it was a lack of effort in the second half, not lack of talent or coaching.
It's also early January with a freshmen team, not March. You're trying yo say this team is going nowhere based on their performance in the 2nd half of a game in December where the opposing team wasn't good enough to pique our players' interest level.up for very long.
It's just wrong to judge the teams fate based on their 2nd half performance today.

ADVERTISEMENT