ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

I'm sure they will come around but the lack of defense on the pick and roll, the poor FT shooting, the lack of offensive flow - typical for a bunch of frosh. Sucks but this will be a longer process is my guess this year.

Smh
So many saying we should have patience
Cal said it was going to be a rough start
Yet here we are

Reactions: WildMoon
Well, it's difficult for boys just out of high school to learn how to defend experienced (21-23 year old) college players. Hopefully, as the season progresses we get a lot better on D and O.
I agree, but they better figure it out quick. It's open every time they just aren't passing to the open guy.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Young Cats getting a test early. Veteran teams don't turn it over as much, so no fast breaks.

only 2 rebounds by our big's so far. Diallo 0-4...conversely Knox only getting 1 attempt so far has a lot to do with it.

Going to take a while for this team to find its identity and understand their roles.

We may see a lot of different starting 5s this year.

14 points in first 10 minutes. Time to pick it up. Let’s go, this is silly

I'm sure they will come around but the lack of defense on the pick and roll, the poor FT shooting, the lack of offensive flow - typical for a bunch of frosh. Sucks but this will be a longer process is my guess this year.
UK fans always forget beginnings of the year. Number 5 ranked John wall team beat Miami oh on a buzzer beater. That Miami team finished the year 12-15.....and that UK team had Patterson, Miller, and liggins experience

Knox and Washington both just got blocked by a terrible white dude from Utah Valley St....for real

We as fans need to relax and accept what the team for what it is. We need to exercise more patience with this team than possibly any other team Cal has had. This team has no almost zero college BB court experience. The talent is there, it is just going to take time on both ends of the court. I believe they can be a really good defensive team as they gain game experience. That will allow to get out and run. I am just going to sit back and watch the games and not get all worked up and stressed if they make mistakes and lose a few games. As long as they play hard, give good solid effort and improve as the season progresses, then I will see where we are come March..I am just glad the BB season is here..Not getting stressed, I will leave that for my golf game..LOL..GO Cats

ADVERTISEMENT