ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Briscoe has played fine last few games. Don't let silly hate from others influence you. He also had multiple drives that set our other players to drive easily to basket that isn't counted in his assist. Dude balled today. He isn't a scorer, that's why he is hated. He only shot 6, and that's how we should keep it at. He is great rebounder and distributor. We have to challenge our 3 point shooter to make open threes.
I know :)

I give him crap a lot but IB did play well Tonight. To be fair, my main gripe with him is he tries to do too much. When he plays within himself, like tonight, and looks to pass first on offense he is good. When he is forcing his offense he is not.

But tonight I thought he did play well overall. He deserves recognition when he plays well too.
he backed off and let the game come back to him; how he played tonight is how he is most valuable.

Reactions: howercat
Are you that mad we won? We put together a 19 point turnaround in 13 minutes. Does it really matter who was in the game?
Glad we won. Just can't figure why he was pulled and never saw the floor again.

Reactions: howercat
Are you that mad we won? We put together a 19 point turnaround in 13 minutes. Does it really matter who was in the game?

people don't get that Mulder plays behind Briscoe. When Briscoe is ballin', there really is no role of him. Hawkins usually cover Fox/Monk. WG covers Willis. Hump covers BAM.

Glad we won. Just can't figure why he was pulled and never saw the floor again.

Ok. Guess I'm just surprised it would matter that much, considering how well we played to come back.

The players on the floor obviously did the job.

he backed off and let the game come back to him; how he played tonight is how he is most valuable.

Agree completely. If he has learned anything this year I hope this is it. Don't force offense. Allow it to come naturally and look to involve your team mates first. This type of play helps the team immensely more than him forcing his offense. That is not his game.

Reactions: Bkocats

yeah, his issue is when we are missing. He thinks that he needs to become the scorer. He just needs to keep driving, pull defense in, and let our scorers have easier shot. I wish there was hockey assist, so everyone can see how much he impacts the game.

yeah, his issue is when we are missing. He thinks that he needs to become the scorer. He just needs to keep driving, pull defense in, and let our scorers have easier shot. I wish there was hockey assist, so everyone can see how much he impacts the game.
That's why I was so proud of him tonight; as badly as our offense was first half, he didn't start forcing shots

Reactions: WildMoon
Thanks.

It was very quick.
It was not up for 15 secs

I knew I could go back and delete where I pointed it out to you. Next time if it happens to someone Ill just say something like you might want to check your last post(s) or something like that.

Dumb comment. UK wins- give Vanderbilt credit for playing like their tourney bid is on the line, just as it is.
No doubt about that, Vandy was flat out impressive tonight. They were hitting from everywhere.
Cal had to will UK to this win, the team couldn't execute a simple layup for most of the first half.

Why not? Our guys thrived with it. It was a brilliant move, if not UK was going down in a heap.

Vandy sucks at driving the ball. It works for them, many times will completely rip us apart.

Maybe surprise here and there, but no more than 3-4 possession at most. Too risky against disciplined teams...

Vandy sucks at driving the ball. It works for them, many times will completely rip us apart.

Maybe surprise here and there, but no more than 3-4 possession at most. Too risky against disciplined teams...
I didn't mean it was perfectly executed every time, nor did I mean keep it going every play against every team. But throw it in there more than Cal has (which has been really never this year).

Yeah, I don't think we should do it all game long, but springing it on an opponent here and there would be huge.

I didn't mean it was perfectly executed every time, nor did I mean keep it going every play against every team. But throw it in there more than Cal has (which has been really never this year).

yeah, i guess it might work.

Not that big of a fan of full court press. I'm glad that Cal did it today, but i think that arm extension was probably why he wanted to do more. Also rushing them was nice.

Fox is total butt tonight.
May-13-2016-1207.gif

Dang people the game didn't go into overtime.....Nip it. Nip it in the bud....

Have to sit Fox. Playing awful D and keeps getting stripped. I also noticed a limp
You're from Utah? Are you sure you're not here to stir up the fans? I mean, Utah has lost a lot of big games to UK...

Yeah, I don't think we should do it all game long, but springing it on an opponent here and there would be huge.

I agree. Use it in spots to energize us or disrupt them or at least break up the rhythm of a team trying to go on a run.

ADVERTISEMENT