ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Game Thread*****

You were saying. [winking]

What really changed to make the people pointing out what they saw in the first half? Kentucky still has many of the same problems and weaknesses posters have been pointing out for quite some time now. One half didn't really change or solve any problems, attacking the posters for being realistic about what they saw with a reaction the other way is doing the same thing they were if not worse on the other side. Kentucky still has a ways to go before the tournament in a few weeks, they need to get much better defensively and shoot more consistent, Monk basically had a career day shooting from the outside and probably at least doubled what he usually does from 3 and needed all of it to win the game. It's hard to expect that each game when they haven't really shown they can do it before...

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
What really changed to make the people pointing out what they saw in the first half? Kentucky still has many of the same problems and weaknesses posters have been pointing out for quite some time now. One half didn't really change or solve any problems, attacking the posters for being realistic about what they saw with a reaction the other way is doing the same thing they were if not worse on the other side. Kentucky still has a ways to go before the tournament in a few weeks, they need to get much better defensively and shoot more consistent, Monk basically had a career day shooting from the outside and probably at least doubled what he usually does from 3 and needed all of it to win the game. It's hard to expect that each game when they haven't really shown they can do it before...
Apparently you lack the intelligence to understand what a difference Fox makes to this team. You Gator fans need to worry about how we trucked your ass by 22 points after you choked up an 18-6 lead without our star point guard. So you can take your Gator ass back to your board of 10 posters and STFU.

Reactions: Aike
Florida really missed Egbunu. He is still the 2nd leading rebounder and blocker and 6th leading scorer on the team even though he has been out 4 four games.

Monk did not basically have a career day shooting from the outside. He had 5 threes today. He has 5 games on the season with 5 or more threes, including 8 against UNC and 7 against MSU. And 4 or 5 more games with 4 threes in a game. But hey don't let facts get in the way.

Reactions: GG24, BBUK and Aike
Apparently you lack the intelligence to understand what a difference Fox makes to this team. You Gator fans need to worry about how we trucked your ass by 22 points after you choked up an 18-6 lead without our star point guard. So you can take your Gator ass back to your board of 10 posters and STFU.

got completely neutralized by all 3 of UF's guards being in foul trouble with 4 each for the first time in all of their games combined and all the years they have been playing.. Made all that a complete wash

Allen got ripped out of there as fast as he was ripping the nets in the first half quickly

And he averages 3 threes a game. so he didn't double what he normally does.

why would it change, todays game basically changed nothing going forward on a neutral floor before the tournament. They both have a win on their home courts, one just being by much more than the other so it wouldn't really change much, while UK being down a player and Florida without egbunu.

got completely neutralized by all 3 of UF's guards being in foul trouble with 4 each for the first time in all of their games combined and all the years they have been playing.. Made all that a complete wash

Allen got ripped out of there as fast as he was ripping the nets in the first half quickly
[roll]Whatever helps you sleep at night chief. Hopefully you guys don't lay down in the SEC tournament like you have been doing the past 6 or 7 years except for one time and you get a chance to play us again.

Reactions: BBUK

Stop reaching in then.

Reactions: MojoYamamoto
[roll]Whatever helps you sleep at night chief. Hopefully you guys don't lay down in the SEC tournament like you have been doing the past 6 or 7 years except for one time and you get a chance to play us again.

i think you are forgetting about Florida winning the SEC Tournament 3 times in a row and four in less than just ten years apparently.. and making the final numerous other times in that same span.. That would be some bad wording for "laying down"

Per usual Cats got opposing teams best. Keep it up. We need some competition. Tired of "Cats vs opposing teams best effort on their home court"

i think you are forgetting about Florida winning the SEC Tournament 3 times in a row and four in less than just ten years apparently.. and making the final numerous other times in that same span.. That would be some bad wording for "laying down"
Since Cal has been here UK has four titles. Florida won it once. Those are the facts.

like i said, this post was going to be inevitable no matter what i said, same way our government continues to divide us between parties and names for groups.. Always gotta be black or white or an auburn or bama fan about discussing issues/topics objectively...

Let it be understood. you are not discussing objectively. You are not, no pretense of it please. Thanks and Be Good

Haven't forgotten. Wish you'd quit crapping the bed and be a permanent thorn in our side. Better for the conference

Yet again no mention of no Fox.

Haven't forgotten. Wish you'd quit crapping the bed and be a permanent thorn in our side. Better for the conference

what is this crapping the bed coming from, Florida has more NC's than any team in the conference and have done all of this in 9 years time.. They have actually had the most success in the conference, won the regular season title too and went undefeated and it's only been done twice... They are also the only team to go back 2 back since Duke in 91-92, they have had more success than anyone in the SEC in this time frame as a "football school".. when they are really both

what is this crapping the bed coming from, Florida has more NC's than any team in the conference and have done all of this in 9 years time.. They have actually had the most success in the conference, won the regular season title too and went undefeated and it's only been done twice... They are also the only team to go back 2 back since Duke in 91-92, they have had more success than anyone in the SEC in this time frame as a "football school".. when they are really both
You guys caught lightening in a bottle for two years. That's it.

So you are confirming a flash in the pan. A long flash but a flash non-the-less. When you have more than one coach win a title at your school come back and spout stats a little more. Be Good

LOL you forget one small detail in that time - BCG

of course, we try to forget him too, so that's fair

So you are confirming a flash in the pan. A long flash but a flash non-the-less. When you have more than one coach win a title at your school come back and spout stats a little more. Be Good

no one is spouting anything, im simply responding to the notion that Florida has somehow "crapped the bed" as an SEC team and asking why.. If they have been crapping the bed what the hell would you call the other teams in the conference in that time and even before that... Since 1999 the Gators have been to 9 sweet 16's, 7 elite 8's, four Final Fours, 3 NC game appearances and two NC's... that's a hell of a lot of success for any basketball school much less a football school in a football conference not named kentucky with much less talent. The only time Billy really had elite NBA level talent he went back 2 back with them... and doing it with multiple coaches doesn't really seem to matter, having the same coach there that long over 18 years is a hell of a feat.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
no one is spouting anything, im simply responding to the notion that Florida has somehow "crapped the bed" as an SEC team and asking why.. If they have been crapping the bed what the hell would you call the other teams in the conference in that time and even before that... Since 1999 the Gators have been to 9 sweet 16's, 7 elite 8's, four Final Fours, 3 NC game appearances and two NC's... that's a hell of a lot of success for any basketball school much less a football school in a football conference not named kentucky with much less talent. The only time Billy really had elite NBA level talent he went back 2 back with them... and doing it with multiple coaches doesn't really seem to matter, having the same coach there that long over 18 years is a hell of a feat.

You're trying hard, I give you that but I'm bored. Be Good...again...

how would that take anything away from what Florida did
it was supposed to be more tongue in cheek than anything -

doesn't take anything away from UF, just showing why UK wasn't in the mix during part of the time of y'alls ascendancy

Im not trying anything, you list the other teams that aren't shitting the bed in the conference that are faring better and i'd like to see it. Saying that Florida has crapped the bed is a very wrong term and big reach.

it was supposed to be more tongue in cheek than anything -

doesn't take anything away from UF, just showing why UK wasn't in the mix during part of the time of y'alls ascendancy

I mean i get it but either way kentucky wouldn't have much to do with what UF did in the tournament against all the other conferences teams unless they met in the Final Four...

Reactions: Bkocats
You were saying. [winking]

I've got trouble buying into this team. If it makes me a bad fan in some eyes, that's their opinion. This team did a lot of good things today, Bam is finally playing with some attitude, and we found a way to win without a point guard. I'm just hesitant to believe in teams that struggle at home and have close calls with really bad teams late. I'm also not sure just how much better we are with a healthy roster anyway. Did Fox being out really hurt that much?

But at this point just lay it out there and win. What we saw today is probably this teams best 2nd half in months against a quality opponent. I'm not convinced that's enough.

I've got trouble buying into this team. If it makes me a bad fan in some eyes, that's their opinion. This team did a lot of good things today, Bam is finally playing with some attitude, and we found a way to win without a point guard. I'm just hesitant to believe in teams that struggle at home and have close calls with really bad teams late. I'm also not sure just how much better we are with a healthy roster anyway. Did Fox being out really hurt that much?

But at this point just lay it out there and win. What we saw today is probably this teams best 2nd half in months against a quality opponent. I'm not convinced that's enough.

can't agree entirely with your viewpoint - I'm a little more optimistic - but can understand where you're coming from. To be fair, even the 2015 team struggled some in SEC play.

that being said - there are still a lot of questions. Only time will tell if they can be answered.

Reactions: morgousky

Can't look at our flaws in a vacuum my friend. Everyone has issues they are working through.

ADVERTISEMENT