ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Game Thread*****

But didn't monk end up with the ball next? Did the ball go over the backboard?

Doesn't matter if it was deflected. As long as it doesn't hit the backboard I think it is fine going over it. Players have shot from behind and over it before while facing towards our of bounds.

I'll be damn..anyone that watched saw Briscoe not even looking at that player....comes the agenda posts...
Come on man. There was zero reason for him to fling his arm towards his face. And he turned away and wasn't looking at him because he wasn't trying to make it less obvious what he was doing. He ain't fooling me anymore than Gracie Allen did.

wow, what an amazing half
Monk - wow; Bam - wow. Those two couldn't have done what they did if the rest weren't doing what they needed to
Check out these numbers guys - we had 12 turnovers in the first half; finished with 13. Killed them on the boards, shot 81% from the FT line
Screen-Shot-2017-02-25-at-4.12.38-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2017-02-25-at-4.13.05-PM.png

I credit Monk for going off and the second half effort.
Cal credit? Meh...
Florida scored 66 points, uk didn't have it's pg. We were outrebounded by 25 in Gainseville, but dominated the glass today.

Cal made adjustments all game long. I'll call him out when he dies a poor job, but give credit when he coaches like he did today.

Also, did you see how we started the game? We were disgusting. Regular coaches get blown out, Cal didn't let that happen.

Reactions: GG24 and UKCatnNC
You do realize we shot WAAAAAAY more FT's and FL got called for more fouls. By product of taking ball to rim.
Huh? You realize I'm a UK fan right? 8 on 5. We were the 5.

Regardless, looking strictly at FT's isn't a way to gauge how the officials were.

it did to me; would rather be wrong
I think the UF player made a jab a Briscoe when he was calling the TO, Briscoe got frustrated and came across with the backhand.

Have to say I was kind of miffed that no one came out for the ball after Briscoe had picked his dribble up 30 feet from the basket.

Reactions: UKvisitor
Accidental or intentional. Not like the NBA where they accumulate. If it keeps happening, will start to cause the stripes to prejudge and anticipate.

And they earned them all...everyone.

Did the other side only earn the 6 they got... it's a sport that has too much of this, but everyone bitches about it when they play on the road when it happens, this is why it never changes for home teams. One side will always agree

Accidental or intentional. Not like the NBA where they accumulate. If it keeps happening, will start to cause the stripes to prejudge and anticipate.

They already do. Head fake is automatic travel on Briscoe and driving toward defender is automatic charge.

I be tired. I ran all those steps with Monk. I am too old for this. I love the Cats!! GO CATS!!

Did the other side only earn the 6 they got... it's a sport that has too much of this, but everyone bitches about it when they play on the road when it happens, this is why it never changes for home teams. One side will always agree
UF played a far more physical game than we did. You could point out several plays where they got by with fouls, such as the last oop by Bam.

I guarantee you Florida will be just fine, i'd be completely confident with the Gators again in a rubber match on a neutral floor..

We play pretty well at neutural sites and will have Fox back. Be careful what you wish for. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

First time in at least three years I see UK getting some home cooking and YOU are complaining and yes I have seen every game at home during that time. Why are you fighting so hard about it? fairness? Nah, you'd have stopped already. Sorry but that is how I see it.

First time in at least three years I see UK getting some home cooking and YOU are complaining and yes I have seen every game at home during that time. Why are you fighting so hard about it? fairness? Nah, you'd have stopped already. Sorry but that is how I see it.

this is the FIRST time in years you have seen this for the home team? im gonna get flamed no matter what i say because im a fan of another team on someone elses board but let's be consistent here. I saw a thread for a petition to leave the conference after Bama had less of a disparity at the line just a few short weeks ago. Let's just be consistent about it here, officials call games differently for home teams, it is what it is... we all know this in basketball

this is the FIRST time in years you have seen this for the home team? im gonna get flamed no matter what i say because im a fan of another team on someone elses board but let's be consistent here. I saw a thread for a petition to leave the conference after Bama had less of a disparity at the line just a few short weeks ago. Let's just be consistent about it here, officials call games differently for home teams, it is what it is... we all know this in basketball

Slightly.

I mean home court is usually worth 3-4 points and not all of that can even be attributed to the refs

Ha, at least you admit. I hadn't noticed whose team you supported but it makes sense now. Bye (No issue with you posting here not that it matters but I don't think, you'd understand and I was right.) Be Good

Oh, and it's the FIRST time I have seen that for UK during that time. I can't vouch for other teams...

Ha, at least you admit. I hadn't noticed whose team you supported but it makes sense now. Bye (No issue with you posting here not that it matters but I don't think, you'd understand and I was right.) Be Good

like i said, this post was going to be inevitable no matter what i said, same way our government continues to divide us between parties and names for groups.. Always gotta be black or white or an auburn or bama fan about discussing issues/topics objectively...

ADVERTISEMENT