ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

I said a while ago this game was going to be won by having more heart and to the Cats credit they showed it down the stretch with the clutch shots and the clutch FT's. I really didn't think we would win this game when we down late because we just couldn't stop Frazier but we got a couple stops in the final minute that was the difference along with Fox making clutch FT after clutch FT and I have to give it up to BAM who hit 2 clutch FT's when the Cats were down 2 to tie it.

Good lord that was a very rough game to get through but a tough win despite Maten being out.

Congrats to Georgia to play us that well and put us to the brink without Maten.

Next up a beat down of Missouri I hope then that sets up the game for all the marbles vs Florida next Saturday.

Big kudos but for them hanging tough and fighting for the win.

Not a great win, but really important that they didn't lose.

However, any good vibes from the UT game are out the window. This team needs to get their act together.

The good vibe from a tough road win continues.

Reactions: Aike
"Great win, guys. GREAT WIN!" - @UKCoachCalipari

C4_b8UqW8AAeEe6.jpg

I see what you did there.
But to be fair, UGA without Maten shouldn't be able to make it close.

Exactly. And should never have happened. Briscoe driving into another triple defense. Yes, he made the shot. His out of control play needlessly injuring a quality player. A play like that takes out one of our guys and we are PISSED.

Exactly. And should never have happened. Briscoe driving into another triple defense. Yes, he made the shot. His out of control play needlessly injuring a quality player. A play like that takes out one of our guys and we are PISSED.
AYFKM?

What a gutty gutty win. I don't care what anyone says..the refs were terrible on both sides but much more terrible on our side. Fox and Monk..especially Fox..clutch free throws after clutch free throws. Fox made big plays down the stretch..Willis and Bam grabbed HUGE rebounds. Hawkins played tough as nails as did the whole team. And ALL of this on the ROAD in a very very tough environment. I don't care if Maten was out for almost the whole game or not..Frazier played great and Georgia had guys step up in place for Maten..it was basically a wash. Remember, 2015 UK almost got upset in Athens. We're looking more and more like a team that could easily make a huge run in March. Right on schedule. I'm very impressed.

Reactions: UKUGA
Glad to get the win. As to the bigs on second line getting beat by the guards something has to change. If they would just drop back inside and shut off
the lane we would be ok. You can't get beat inside like that. If the opponent makes 15 fters all night to beat you so be it.

We packed it in (collapsed when Frazier drove) and Willis got beat. Any knowledge fan would know this.
Wrong....pay attention, Willis blew by Hawkins and got in lane. Willis never guarded Frazier, just stop being a hater, your too obvious!

Sitting in the parking deck trying to get out....Wild game. Hats off to the cats. Our bigs got wore down in the second half and couldn't grab any boards or hit any FTS down the stretch.

As usual we were a player short. One day Lord willing that will change and the results will be different.

This is why if any site has us favored to win the championship they are just brain dead.

Your favorite has to be Villanova in my view. Also Kansas beat us at Rupp and keeps winning and winning they should be ahead of us. Gonzaga you can say all you want about them but they are undefeated and should have better odds. North Carolina yes we beat them but was a game that could gone either way and they are beating great teams every week they deserve to have better odds. Louisville deserves better odds, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona too. Duke as well.

We are like 10th in odds all of the teams are close it isn't a big difference but there is a difference.

Now I keep saying it this year and every year except 2012 and 2015.......we are 1 player away from being the favorite. In 2012 and 2015 we had those players come back for another year and we were the favorite those years every other year except 2010 the first year the players always left too many of them not enough came back except in 2012 and 2015.

It is what it is I sound like a broken record every year but it is true every year and it shows in our play every year. In 2011 and 2014 we nearly over came being 1 player short though if we had WCS in 2014 we might won it all.

Sitting in the parking deck trying to get out....Wild game. Hats off to the cats. Our bigs got wore down in the second half and couldn't grab any boards or hit any FTS down the stretch.

As usual we were a player short. One day Lord willing that will change and the results will be different.

And one day officials will stop trying to equalize us as some nonsensical way to prop up shitty teams.

If you have Maten all game, you win.

But if the calls are even, it doesn't matter.

I can't make my mind up on coach Fox. He was 100% out of time outs. UGA got a bucket after every timeout, and they were easy buckets.
If he could recruit he would get some really good results.

ADVERTISEMENT