ADVERTISEMENT

********OFFICIAL GAME THREAD********

Stopped the bleeding. Loved the effort tonight. Better clean it up or we'll get blown out in Gainesville Saturday.

So Briscoe plays his same game except he scored more and all of a sudden some will say he played great lol. Those dumb fans are clueless because he's been playing well overal and leading this whole time

now we know Hawks true value I think :)
Bam kicked some butt after his 4th foul
Monk was....OMG
Briscoe much better than given credit for....MUCH
Hump did pretty well actually
Tai gave us some good minutes
WG & Willis were quiet - but....

glad to see us pull out a game like this - concerned about possible issues within the team, and how Cal is handling it. I think the set back to start the game is the guys didn't know how they were going to play without Fox; they figured it out. Lot of stupid mistakes, but a win is a win right now. Not sure we're better than Sweet 16 right now - but anything can happen
I still love my team

A win is a win. Especially short handed. Thought Cal really coached tonight maybe for the first time this season. Really hope he will work with them in practice on some Zone with trapping out of it etc. Mix things up for the opponent. It can be about winning ball games when you're not at your best AND also preparing the studs for the league. Not just the latter.

This game was always about our rebounding. When we grabbed offensive boards, we tied the game and built a lead. We've stopped getting those over the last 10 minutes or so.

At half time, we rebounded about half our misses. Georgia has rebounded our last 10 misses in a row and eaten into our lead.

On our final 4 missed FGs of the game (2 in regulation and 2 in OT) we grabbed the offensive rebound each time and came away with second chance points.

When we grabbed our misses, that's when we'd make up ground or pull ahead.

Reactions: deplion
Won with those three big stops in a row. It didn't require heroics. Someone should chart the margin before and after that stretch and show how well they denied the ball

Big props to Briscoe for his rebounding game, too

Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-11.40.13-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2017-01-31-at-11.40.24-PM.png

rebounding and a good FT% - hope these guys remember that

On our final 4 missed FGs of the game (2 in regulation and 2 in OT) we grabbed the offensive rebound each time and came away with second chance points.

When we grabbed our misses, that's when we'd make up ground or pull ahead.
Well, to be fair.... We did give ourselves a lot of chances to get offensive rebounds.

Well, to be fair.... We did give ourselves a lot of chances to get offensive rebounds.

We still could've given them to Georgia though and wouldn't have won the game. We lost the lead in the second half when Georgia grabbed 10 of our misses in a row.

That's critical when you realize that there were 16 possessions where we grabbed an offensive board (one possession had two). We scored second chance points on 12 of those. So when we're able to rebound those, we were still scoring points after 75% of our missed shots. That's huge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT